Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

27 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I've been a lurker on this forum for months - but as I stated on another thread, just created this account. All I can say is a well deserved position and a great post to go with it.

The only thing i'll ask is that a FAQ on certain things on how the server will run differently to most servers. For example how the PvP system will work and also a place to announce that PvP gear will be in its pre-nerfed state? I can imagine for most people looking towards this server there is a lot of 2016 stuff that contains a lot of knowledge that i'm assuming most people would like to know.

Edited by Eyedie

First! 

You spelt "extreme" wrong BTW. 

Dear Outstanding;

Congratulations on your new position as the forum community manager.
You are the most active forum member I know of here; therefore, you are very fitting for this position.

All the best.

- Salvia

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CYEgMuHWYAAwsqn.jpg

17 minutes ago, Outstanding said:

I also have no previous Pserver experience so there's no dirt that can be dug up of previous gold selling experience.

I'm sure r/wowservers will come up with something. 9_9

You're definitely the right man for the job. Congrats?

We're still getting your monthly forum reviews, right?

Right?

When I saw the thread title I thought  this is where Pottu has ended up after leaving Elysium xD

Congrats on the new role!

So there is hope even if you leave the project at some point!

Congratulations and best of luck!

39 minutes ago, Outstanding said:

I'm also not going to be organising the community or asking people to name their favourite innkeeper in vanilla, although that's not a bad idea......

298970-innkeeper-farley.jpg 

Who else if not Innkeeper Farley? Respect to this man for sticking through the years as the manager of the Lion's Pride Inn. With Goldshire being Goldshire, how he actually endured, we will never know. 

Honorable mentions (all TBC): Floyd Pinkus (Thrallmar), Coryth Stoktron (pimp of Cenarion Refuge) and Ophera Windfury (Temple of Telhamat)

So, now I start nagging you instead of Asura about PR.

That's Outstanding.

Don't listen to his lies!

The only reason he applied was that he was tired of waiting for upvotes and just wanted his comments to have a frame around them from the start.

good to see you in this spot. I like your writing, but not essentially the walls of text :D so keep it tight ;)

Personally, I wanted Duki or Slipry for this position. But this seems to be the safer bet.

I predict a quick decent into him going power mad. :P

Posted (edited)

LUL.jpg

Edited by Zecov

Grats Outstanding...I hope you'll enjoy your new role :)

A pleasure to see you stepping into a new role of leadership here on the forums. I feel like this is a natural evolution of the role you had taken on these forums for a while now. Even when you jumped ship thoughtfully considered the implications of the LGN and found them wanting, you were, moreso than anyone else, able to eloquently put into words the sentiment of the community as a whole. You are definitely a pillar of this community, and I am happy to have you as a CM. I will be sad to see your posts take on a more official tone, but I do not doubt that you will still be able to provide us with insight and rational thought in the midst of turmoil (whenever it inevitably arises again). There is no one on these forums that I would trust more than yourself to fill this role, and I am excited that we are already taking steps towards preparing for the future growth and development of this community, especially on these forums.

Here's to our new @Outstanding CM! Cheers!

12 hours ago, Eyedie said:

I've been a lurker on this forum for months - but as I stated on another thread, just created this account. All I can say is a well deserved position and a great post to go with it.

The only thing i'll ask is that a FAQ on certain things on how the server will run differently to most servers. For example how the PvP system will work and also a place to announce that PvP gear will be in its pre-nerfed state? I can imagine for most people looking towards this server there is a lot of 2016 stuff that contains a lot of knowledge that i'm assuming most people would like to know.

Personally I think this is a good idea. It may be shot down by others though. You're probably - God help you - thinking on the same lines that I am. So if there's say, 6-9 months until server release, why not have a monthly special by way of an FAQ or a video that highlights the differences between CF and stock MaNGOS cores. That way it serves as a promotion for the server on a regular/countdown basis, and also acts as a key differentiator. We could be cruel with a ''guess the MaNGOS server'' competition when we make comparisons, or just plain information. I'll take it upwards and let you know the score. There's no doubt that there is a detailed plan on releasing promotional media, but I'm not yet privy to it.

11 hours ago, Wolfrig said:

We're still getting your monthly forum reviews, right?

Right?

Yes, but likely to be very factual without the whining.

So, the next "Countdown" fiasco can be instantly blamed on you? I mean, you'll explain it real quick right?

I'd say congrats, but I'm sorry you took on this job. 

(Truthfully, after 9 months [Yep! I'm promoting how long I've been here again] there's simply no one I've read that'd be a better choice. After a month of "bad" decisions, it's refreshing to see a good move.)

Good luck.

Community manager, eh? I hope it pays well. kek

Congradulations and a big thanks for taking up such a role. You're helping pretty much everyone here. From us, the community with a lot of questions to the other members of the team who would otherwise have to answer these questions. Outstanding amazing as always.

/salute

This strikes me as being just like when my brother got made an officer of our raiding guild. The GM made him one without any discussion about it, and no one contested this, because he was basically already acting in that capacity without actually being one.  It's pretty much the same deal here, just with Outstanding becoming a CM. Basically, it's just official now.

<Insert some joke containing the word Outstanding here>