Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Darkrasp

Darkrasp's Update 20/03/2017

56 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

>name isn't in Beta list
Feels bad man. JK :3

Good to see more names joining the pool though.

Edited by Pvt_8Ball

10 hours ago, Nocturn said:

Thanks for another great update, really appreciate them and all the info you put in and share with us. 

Curious though, the timeline for Vanilla wow is almost 2 years.... wouldn't time be better spent focusing on vanilla and getting it launched? You then have 2 years to work on TBC and implement some of those scripting/core features. Observing the project from afar over the past 6 months plus, with these continued updates (which i love btw); it does come across that the dev team may be striving for complete perfection (which realistically won't happen, at least at launch), taking on and trying to improve more and more features not all even related to Vanilla, hence why even though i love following this project and the community, there hasn't been as much progress as many of us have expected (and i get it's a free project and you're all working on it in you're free time and you don't owe us anything). I could be totally wrong, but it's starting to get that feel.

Just curious is all and still a fan.

+1

Deus Vult! Hopefully CF will launch before summer.

Thank you for the update again! Great to see that everything is coming together.

And congrats to Outstanding. You've been doing an outstanding Job here (hue hue hue). :)
Anyhow, do you have any timeline on when you can possibly hit open Beta? [As I see it, you still have a very limited number of Beta Testers, right? So how "far" along are you?]

Keep up the good work!

I couldn't give a realistic estimate for open beta or release.  It's also just a bad idea to make any estimate because it inevitably gets held against us, and we don't want the pressure.

Suffice to say we are making good progress, haven't hit any major technical snags, and are still on track for a release this year.

Posted (edited)

^^ Don't sweat it.

Edited by Pvt_8Ball

Hello, everyone,

I've been reading stuff around the forum for a couple of weeks now. I am happy to see that there are people who give heart and soul for making the server as enjoyable as possible. 

I have played on many Vanilla servers and the biggest problems I encounter don't come from bugged quests or spells not working as intended, etc., but from botters and duppers. So I want to ask how do you plan on dealing with such players? What can be done to diminish their impact on the server economy? Do you really think it is possible to have control over 6000 accounts with the staff you have? 

It takes strength to grit through a loss like that and continue working on something like this. The development of CF and even writing this update right here. I'm sorry for your loss and I thank you for continuing work when most others would take a few days off. Stay strong.

On a lighter note, as per usual I skimmed through the technical stuff since even if I understood some of it I'd have nothing to add. All sounds great from my clueless point of view. Ignorance is bliss and all that.

Grats to the new beta testers! Let me just add you guys to my list of people to insult if CF ends up sucking. Yes, that's the name of the list. The list of people to insult if CF ends up sucking.

In all seriousness congradulations and thank you for taking up the job! You don't need me to tell you how awesome you are for helping with the project but I'll do it anyway. You're awesome! Now uhhh... don't muck it up, eh? kek

Update is appreciated as always!

Hellfire citadel stand strong in center of Hellfire Peninsula, i remeber first days adter i reach lvl 58 and rush to new dungeons of Hellfire citadel. Hot south wind breeze and i can see Zangamarsh in horizont -)

Posted (edited)

Can we know the proffesion of the testers? Are all classes already done ? Which classes are left ?

this information would satisfiy those who are not choosen or those who can still wait.

Edited by Brikot

Keep up the good work!

The most important is to be prepared for hard DDOS attacks and choose a safe host before Blizzard finds out they want to close this too.

I cant wait the launch, hopefuly we will be able to play here in this year. :)

Thanks for the update, especially considering you have your hands and heart full with RL. My condolences.

I love the technical stuff in these posts and would ask for more in-depth information, but as you said, these posts are supposed to be for mass consumption. Let me just state that I'm very impressed with the SQL development and the way the Lua/C++ dependencies are handled.

As always, keep up the good work - and congratulations to the lucky betas.

10 hours ago, JollySwagman said:

My condolences, Darkrasp.

+1

Grats to all the new testers! Now go test faster so we can eventually get an actual progress update! 

Also, is this Indi the same Indi that plays on ZK and spends his time spamming memes in world chat? I surely hope not :/

@Darkrasp

So those going into closed beta now.. What are they testing? Still working on class mechanics? or just general testing?

20 hours ago, Planks said:

@Darkrasp

So those going into closed beta now.. What are they testing? Still working on class mechanics? or just general testing?

Main focus is classes, but a little bit of everything is being reported and addressed.

5 hours ago, Darkrasp said:

Main focus is classes, but a little bit of everything is being reported and addressed.

Awesome!

It's all happening.

7 hours ago, Planks said:

Awesome!

It's all happening.

I know at least 9 zones have been quest tested so far as well. Things are going well, stay patient, Crestfall is coming.

Brace Yourself - Game of Thrones Meme meme

Sorry for the loss, my condolences.

Stay strong.

15 hours ago, Elicas said:

I know at least 9 zones have been quest tested so far as well. Things are going well, stay patient, Crestfall is coming.

Brace Yourself - Game of Thrones Meme meme

I'm glad to hear this! :D Please test all the quests as thoroughly as possible, since leveling and questing in general in Vanilla/tBC were an enjoyable and unique experience and one of the aspects of the game ruined over the expansions.