Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MadeByRockets

Mists of Pandaria; best expansion?

32 posts in this topic
11 hours ago, ilovecats said:

I get annoyed when people expect me to hit level cap in 1 day and do top dps in a top raiding guild.

That's not us then, that's the top raiding guilds. We kinda get annoyed too, when you do that in one day :P.

Like that guy who leveled through the entire WoD level range by just drinking some XP potions and killing mobs for three hours.

On 3/23/2017 at 0:05 PM, Humperdink said:

The Golden Lotus dailies almost made me quit the game for good, in terms of being grindy.  They did result in a 1 year hiatus.  WoD was the final straw.  Throne of the Four Winds is one of my favorite raids.  Short, fun fights, and absolutely beautiful visually.

That's why I just didn't do them. Every expansion has such disaster (ToC dailies in WotLK, Ogrila in TBC). It's just people tend to forget about them if there are more pros, than cons. At some point in WoD there were just too many cons compared to pros and Legion didn't really change it, while hiding pointless unbalanced grind behind the AP system and random legendaries. 

On 3/23/2017 at 7:50 PM, ilovecats said:

I get annoyed when people expect me to hit level cap in 1 day and do top dps in a top raiding guild.

I'm not interested in any of this.

I subbed because I just want to oneshot the Lich King, and solo farm Wrath dungeons and raids - something I could never do earlier, because I cannot be bothered to go through all the hassle of running level-appropriate content. I'm a dwarf monk and there's nothing better than punching Arthas in his undead face. Hell, Illidan is my favourite character (I'm a bit of a psychotic fangirl of his) but I think I'm still going to run BT and maybe I'll even drop the glaives! I'm all about cool mounts and titles. Celestial Steed OP.

Thats nice, but u misunderstood my comment.

Like many good things, I've started to appreciate MoP now when it's gone. Even though the story didn't feel like the traditional good old WoW, gameplay wise this expansion was great: classes were fun and still had more than 3 buttons, the zones and quests were fun (except maybe Dread Wastes, never liked it), and you always - and I mean always - had something to do, no matter if you're casual or hardcore player. Dailies, raids, 5-mans, scenarios, Valor grind, legendary questline, and then 5.1 questline, Isle of Thunder, Barrens stuff and Timeless Isle... oh my, there wasn't a single day where I was like "Meh, I don't really feel like playing today since I've pretty much done everything".

My only complaint may be leveling experience: for me, it felt really dragged out and became quite stale really fast. By the time I've leveled my 12th toon I just couldn't take it anymore without barfing.

I hate MoP with a burning passion and Monks and Pandas. Kill on sight when i playde the damn expansion.

Its definitely not the best expansion. I would put it pretty solidly as the 3rd best expansion and the last one I enjoyed.

Tier wise it goes

Tier 1: Tbc, WotLK

Tier 2: MoP

Tier 3: Cata

Unplayable: WoD

I can't rank legion cause I haven't played a single minute of it.

34 minutes ago, raiko said:

I can't rank legion cause I haven't played a single minute of it.

Boring Diablo 3-like random grindfest where people who got lucky with titanforged gear carry you through dungeons for money, that's what it is.