Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
buddhaseyes

TBC Swimming mechanics

Posted (edited)

Hey

I posted it in the big "Non-blizzlike-features-planned?" thread but thought I´d spam all the forums!

So, what do you think about implementing tbc onwrads swimming mechanics into vanilla? (if it even is, under justified amounts of work, possible)

I think it would be a nice quality of life change with no downsides at all :P

Greetings, Buddhaseyes

Edit: Vanilla swimming mechanics: Basically the same as walking; w a s d, so if you want to swimm down you need to use the right mouse button, if you swim up you can either use the mouse button or jump (The jump tho is displayed as a "normal jump", which I find kind of annoying to look at under water :P)

In tbc (or lter, not sure) they just adapted the flying mechanics for underwater; so you could swim up or down with keys and you wouldnt "jump" anymore but just swim upwards.

It is a really minor thing and I just wanted to throw it into the room^^

Edited by buddhaseyes

would you remind me what those mechanics are and how they're different from vanilla?

sounds like a client limitation to me but i could be wrong ;)

No, don't steal my sweet underwater flips! (For real, though, why was that ever a thing?)