Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Outstanding

Next Crestfall Video - What Would You Like To See?

34 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

One thing that hasn't been mentioned, is that (in my opinion) it would be great to have asura and dakrasp talking in the next video, with the game running in the background, with an adequate music track,  exactly like gummy did more than a year ago :

The idea is quite simple : whatever the topic may be, it's much more interesting for viewers to have something to watch while listening to people (as an example, asura and darkrasp could be talking about why they wanted to make crestfall, about the details, about how exactly they're trying to bring people the  best vanilla server out there, AND the most promising PTE server in the future, also mentioning the fact that it's quite difficult to find the real data, and that yes, re-tuning is a necessity etc etc...).

I'll leave the details to the team, but i really think that what orcbit and gummy, or even mikepreach (a much more famous wow youtuber, of course) are doing in their videos is just exactly what needs to be done : hearing the voices of the devs makes people think that it's truly something professional, and seeing the game in the background when people proudly talk about their projects makes it that much more exciting.

Of course, this couldn't apply to an interview (it would make no sense at all), but i you make a 5-10-15 minutes long video about the server, then yeah you probably need to do that.

/discuss

Edited by valaquenta

15 hours ago, Toche said:

At this point the bast majority of the playerbase already know which things are usually bugged so I think the video should be a compilation of a few of those kind of mechanics in action.

Yeah, the thing is that CF has been developed almost from the ground and based on an entirely different project than Mangos, so things are gonna fail different probably. We could have the best pet AI ever but discover than we can trespass the ground below water... :)

2 hours ago, HarTstaRx said:

Yeah, the thing is that CF has been developed almost from the ground and based on an entirely different project than Mangos, so things are gonna fail different probably. We could have the best pet AI ever but discover than we can trespass the ground below water... :)

Maybe, but that's not the topic. In that kind of video you show your strengths, not your weaknesses. It's the staff job to address potential bugs the best they can.

2018/early 2019 I am predicting this server will launch, anyone who disagrees is in dreamland.

Posted (edited)

I want to see Asura live up to his levels of arrogance. To be able to talk so much shit about other servers, it'd be nice to see what he's actually fixed in a legitimate showcase video, then people won't doubt his coding ability and will refrain from criticizing his arrogance, as annoying as it is to read.

I specifically want to see this because I want to know I'm not wasting my time being hyped for yet, another project, for the millionth time, in the private server scene, and with all the rumors about him working or being related to some 'billionaire' and being the 'best coder' - I'm sure it'll be quite interesting, considering we actually haven't seen anything yet. (obviously, except the Alpha video)

The video should contain a number of the major fixes Asura has done on Crestfall, no one elses fixes except his (sorry Darkrasp and others, but Asura has to live up to the standards that he's set!) - the video can be as-long as he wants it to be, I'd prefer it to be longer than 30 seconds though. No annoying editing, keep it strictly professional and oh, let the facts speak for themselves, there's no need to compare it to stock MaNGOS, veteran players have seen it all and we'll know exactly what we're looking at. 

Edited by AzAMOuS

Posted (edited)

23 minutes ago, Cheapshots said:

2018/early 2019 I am predicting this server will launch, anyone who disagrees is in dreamland.

I think it will come out in 2017 based on the fact that Asura said so. Anyone who disagrees with me is wrong. ;)

Edited by Lilaina

A PVP video with Drowning Pool - Bodies as background music.

Now real talk. Some World PVP and BGs. In my case as a RPPVPer would like to see if emotes and movement is not clumsy and weird like most private servers.

My suggestion towards a video would be a full boss encounter. Like a full rend or drakkisath fight to show off some mechanics, having a 10 man team consisting of beta testers do the actual fight with recordings of the fight from an overview pov, back and forth side to side scrolling in and out showcasing the mechanics with some explaining in terms of shiny text or music. Whatever floats the video makers boats.