Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DonnyDonowitz

Whats the race you hate/love the most?

72 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hello Crestfall,

As a lore addict I find myself wondering which race do I find myself leaning too. I had moments which I identified to several races but in the end only one makes sense to me. But there are others that I despise completely either be ally or foe and I'm wondering which are your preferences.

Love

I got to say the Tauren/Orcs are my favourite. Tauren are just my bros. They only take what they need, they are basically neutral if they handn't a blood oath with the orcs, all in all, everyone likes them because they are chill and when they fight, they smash you with a fucking totem.

Orcs just because they are the extreme of all polarities. You have bad, not so bad, good but still bad and generally good. Claiming that you know the lore of the clans. I always find myself lured to the orcs of the Shadowmoon (Pre-corruption and post-corruption) due to their mystic and ruthless ways. I also understand their perseverance due to the fact that they are trying to live in an alien world.

Hate

Night Elves... Simply cuz they prance around with their vegan ways and racist bastards that are over 12,000 years old. Staghelm being their Donald Trump.

(You can choose any race, its up to you don't need to be exclusive to playable races.)

Edited by DonnyDonowitz
Some spelling mistakes

That's a good question, because most of the time I just glide through zones without caring about the inhabitants too much.

My preferences change, but currently my favourite race are the Dwarves. They are related to the Titans, they are strong, stocky, and when all fails, they PEW with their boomsticks! I am rather tall myself, but I'm bros with the Dwarves. Hell, my retail main is a Dwarf girl! I think they did a good job with their new models.

I hate the Forsaken, because they just want to turn everyone into one of them, and Sylvanas is crazy. Gnomes may be annoying, but at least they don't plan to kill you.

I love humans, fallable as they are. In fact I love all playable races in Vanilla for their own reasons. They're all just so agreable, even if dwarves and orcs constantly have a look on their face that says "I just smelled something bad while trying to figure out a difficult math problem."

I hate the pandas. I hate them so much. I remember them being the April Fools joke back in 2006. Their incorporation into the game marked for me, the instant where Blizzard became unrecognizable. Phew, god do I hate 'em, but at least I'm safe from them here.

Just now, Thadius said:

I hate the pandas. I hate them so much. I remember them being the April Fools joke back in 2006. Their incorporation into the game marked for me, the instant where Blizzard became unrecognizable. Phew, god do I hate 'em, but at least I'm safe from them here.

Oh gods, I completely forgot about them for a while!

Posted (edited)

My favourite race would have to be Orcs, sorry to be a stereotypical "Lok'tar Ogar". But I aboslutely love their lore. Playing Warcraft 2 and 3 just made me want to delve into it either further. 

Also Broxigar is a miles better hero than any other character in the Warcraft Universe, as much as the book itself was a bit weird to introduce an orc into Night Elf lore when they didnt even know what they were in the Warcraft 3 mission? So definite orc! (although i'll be playing Troll or Undead depending which class i go.) 

My most hated race has to be Naga or Murloc, anything that involves swimming. (non-playable race)

Most hated playable race would have to be probably Gnome, I just find their lore so, tedious? Also I just can't play them, too small.

Edited by Eyedie

Love... Night Elves. Everything about them. Being a tree-hugger myself, I'm all about that NE style.

Hate... Humans. I don't know if hate is the right word. I just find them totally bland and I will literally never play one.

Love High Elves, but ofc they aren't playable. :(

In every RPG since 1991 I've picked an Elf to play as, just love their lore, look and feel.

Hate Gnomes. They just havent been presented as anything other than comic relief so its hard to take them seriously.

Love Gnomes. Dunno why, maybe because my first character back in 2007 was a gnome. When I roll horde I pick troll. They "mon" culture is just awesome.

Would love to see high elves in the game. What I really hate is the horde lore in Wow, it just doesn't make any sense, BE and undead in horde, WTF? I'd love to see goblins in horde from the start in vanilla.

And I'd love to see the W3 Draenei version in horde. They were dark and mysterious in Warcraft 3 and they just turned them into the space cows in WoW.

Orc warriors are super edgy and autistic in world pvp, that's all I have to add to this thread.

Love: Night Elves, Trolls, Draenei - I need my skin blue or purple; also Tauren because they're chill.

Hate: Gnomes, Humans, Orcs, Goblins, Pandas, Gnolls, Murlocs

1 hour ago, Adalon said:

Love High Elves, but ofc they aren't playable. :(

In every RPG since 1991 I've picked an Elf to play as, just love their lore, look and feel.

Hate Gnomes. They just havent been presented as anything other than comic relief so its hard to take them seriously.

Which is precisely why gnomes are the Master Race.  Absurdity is everywhere, so I absorb myself in the less tragic sort and enjoy being Wile E Coyote.

Don't hate any race but I like Humans less. I find them kinda cheesy :P

From Horde races probably undead. I mean I liked this when I saw it but it still didn't make me want to play one :D

Preferences: Night Elves, Dwarves, Tauren, Trolls.

Undead.

The forsaken has the coolest lore out of all the races. It's quite sad, but also very inspiring how the broke free of the lich kings grasp and rallied under a new banner knowing they are hated by almost everyone.

Also they are freaking bad ass.

Posted (edited)

Definitely hate Humans. I actally know quite of few of them IRL. 95% of them suck. 

Never met a gnome who wasn't at least funny. 

Edited by Ugondiss

@ Poster

Actually Night Elves live in a Gatherer and Hunter Society. The Hunt is an essential part of their culture, though I think they live more on roots, berries and the like then on meat. But Meat is probably an esential part of their diet.

That even makes sense from a modern days understanding Point of view. Since they do not have fields, they have no soja and without soj, they would leck Protein from a vegan diet. ( ist not the only source but most vegan things rich on Protein come from fields) so they Need to consume meat :D .

My favorites would definitely be Darkspear Trolls, Tauren, Gnomes, and Night Elves ...and Murlocs...I can't help it. I'd adopt a Murloc baby.

Neutral: Dwarves, Pandaren, Forsaken, Humans (although they can be pretty damn boring), Orcs

Dislike: Worgen, Goblins

Hated: Draenei - way too "goody two shoes" for my liking. Space goats, etc. Also, the fact that in RP, they're ruined for me. I'm convinced every female Draenei is packing. I also despise Blood/High Elves - inferior versions of the Night Elves :D Also, gnolls. Fuck gnolls, y'all

Human is best.  I always root for the good guys.  Yeah, not all humans are good guys, but the best guys are all humans.

Dwarves and Tauren make up the second tier.  Dwarves are like short humans, and Tauren are like the Horde version of an Alliance race.  In both cases, generally amiable and honorable peoples.

Orcs and Gnomes probably third tier.  Don't particularly like or hate either one, as long as I don't have to hear the gnomes talking.  Male gnome is right up there with troll for worst voicing in the game.

Night elves and Undead fourth tier.  Not a fan of the NE models at all.  Dunno why, just seems like a goofy looking version of a human.  Forsaken are alright looking but they are the bad guys in the WoW lore.  No disputing that, they go so far as to attack and murder their own allies every chance they get.  I don't like that.

Trolls last.  Hideous models, horrible voicing.  The faux-Jamaican accent is just embarrassing.

For expansion races, I'd probably put Worgen and Blood Elves (more for the aesthetic of their gear and cities/zones than their models, though they are better than the Night Elf models) into the second tier.  Goblins and Draenei in the middle tier.  Pandas in the 5th tier with Trolls because they're stupid. 

NPC races.. I dunno.  Naga are pretty cool, I'd put them in the second tier as well just for the aesthetic.  Gnolls, Murlocs, Quilboar.. probably all fourth tier.  Troggs would go down with the Trolls and Pandaren, probably Harpies too.  Can't think of anything else atm.

Posted (edited)

1. Female Nelfs. Purple, flip jumping, badasses who don't pussyfoot around with the Horde like the rest of the Alliance. Female Night Elf hunter is the ultimate master race.

2. Male nelfs: A bit too bulky but still cool.

Belfs: Tier 1 material if not for their faction choice. Awesome starting areas.

Gnomes: <3

Humans: A bit generic and males have ridiculous arms but they're usually my race of choice for mages and paladins.

3. Dwarves: Stout and funny, the perfect sidekicks for righteous butt kicking for goodness, even if I would never roll one myself.

4. Draenei: Not a big fan of all the scifi stuff in warcraft; maybe I'm just bitter that Alliance didn't get blood/high elves.

Worgen: I don't like dogs and the sniffing sound they make while idle is disgusting. Props for fighting the Forsaken.

5. Tauren: The only non-bloodthirsty, non-evil vanilla horde race. Bizarre but almost admirable.

6. Forsaken: Insane corpses. Why haven't we wiped them out already?

Goblins: Ugly gnomes with skin problems

7. Orcs, Trolls: Ugh.

9 hours ago, DonnyDonowitz said:

Night Elves... Simply cuz they prance around with their vegan ways

grr.png

Edited by Lilaina

I kind of wish I never bothered reading up on and enjoying warcraft lore when I was younger. I think I hate it. I think I hate all of the races to some degree too, some simply because of what they are and always were, and others because of blizzard's failure to do them justice as the story progressed.

I've never taken the orcs seriously and blizzard pushing them as heroes is a sad, awkward joke since TFT. While they're my least favorite overall, the lore doesn't really reflect badly on players that roll orc. Usually just people with similar hangups about one or more alliance races, or older fans.

Humans are still the best. They can lay claim to a rich history full of glory, grand achievements and heroic victories, and were at one point the foremost experts on orc and troll removal. Problems began when blizzard went on a killing spree, knocking off every good character they'd ever had one by one, sometimes off-screen. good shit. way to keep your fans invested

It's probably enough to say that the rest occupy some nebulous middle tier between orcs and humans.

:x The one and only master race beloved from all games: Blood Elves (females ofc xD)

:) Dranei This would be the best race, but they have bad luck coming in same expansion as race above.

Also animal races rocks -> Worgen & Tauren

:( Nasty, little, ugly, stupid (with intelligence lmfao..) on even ugliest mounts. Only their plus is blizz 'rewarded horde' with even worse thing, worst race ever:

>:( Goblins Cant see really any plus here (even Pandas look amazing in comparison :P)

1. Blood elves, Forsaken.

Both have a very dark and interesting lore. I mean the undead died, had to kill and fight against their own families and friends. And after finally breaking free they had to deal with all the things they have seen and done.

Same goes for the Blood elves. They suffered immensely during the war and are trying to find their place.

2. Tauren, Draenei, Human, Night elves

3. Gnome, Dwarf

4. Orc

5. Trolls (Just can't stand their stupid talking)

If you didn't answer just "Gnome" you did it wrong.

Love: Trolls - Amazingly, most horde idiots pick Undead, sometimes Orc. Taurens and Trolls are played by more chill folks, and the latter are almost always good people. Trolls have good racials for DPS and healing, they are super tall and have cool villages. Sadly, no Troll capital city though.

Hate: I guess that'd be the Humans - So boring and over populated race. One third of alliance is made up by ugly nerds picking female Humans. Also, these bastards go to Dwarven lands for early leveling, polluting the pure snowy lands with their bad taste. Dwarves rock !

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, Lilaina said:

grr.png

Some pesticide spray to keep the triggered nelfs vegans away.

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by DonnyDonowitz