Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DonnyDonowitz

Whats the race you hate/love the most?

72 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I tend to choose races that look the best in armor. For rogue, that's always female (aside from orc). Blood elf females look second best in armor, but their shoulders are too narrow, making their head look huge and the shoulder armor too small. Their stance in stealth is by far the best, though. AOE silence is also killer. Night elf female look the best in gear, imo. They have a balanced physique and are small enough for weapons to look perfectly ridiculous, but without taking away from the aesthetics of the other pieces (lookin at you gnome and dwarf). They also have the best hairstyle, but it wasn't released in vanilla unfortunately. Their racials are terrible though... Hard to turn down human, honestly, even if the female models have zero chill in their posture. Anyway, I'll be damned if I'm playing an animal in a video game (other than Winston 💕), so I guess worgen and Tauren are my least favorite. 

Edited by Bluemoon

28 minutes ago, mrmr said:

If you didn't answer just "Gnome" you did it wrong.

Don't get all the hate for Gnomes. Would play them!

#SizeDoesn'tMatter

Favorites:

Humans, mostly because the medieval-fantasy style is most prominent with them. Stormwind is my favorite of all the cities (with Thunder Bluff being second) which is mostly due to it's architecture and style.

Dwarves. Short humans, beards, healthy dose of humor and a pretty nice city. Quite the likeable bunch. Infact, even if it's simply because human's can't be hunters, I'm very likely going to roll a dwarf. It'll not my first choice when it comes to race but it will certainly do.

Worgens. Well, sort of... they could have done a bit better with them in my opinion. I'd get into explaining why I think so but that seems like something that would need it's own thread. Maybe someday. Either way, werewolves are one of my favorite mythological creatures and worgens are obviously as close to that as we're ever gonna get in WoW. I'll take it. I also don't think they'd suffer much of a quality drop if they lost the bone jokes...

I don't really "dislike" any of the races so I can't really make a list for that. At the very least I like them all for adding diversity.

If I had to choose one I'd say Gnomes and that's simply because they can be warriors for whatever reason. Why? Look, I don't think it flew over anyone's head that this is a fantasy setting where strength doesn't exactly work like it does in the real world, however the fact that a Gnome can be just as strong as a Tauren is a bit off, all things considered. Out of all class/race combos Gnome warrior is the most ridiculous.

And not to mention how I'll constantly be hearing that going Gnome is the only real way to play Mage. The problem here stems more from the people playing the race rather than the race itself but it deserves a mention.

I have some dislike for Undead(players) for the same reason.

"Undead Rogue? You mean 90% of the Horde's population?"

Best:

1. Troll and Orc

2. Dwarf

3. Human/Nelf

4. Tauren

Worst:

1. Undead

2. draenei

3. Gnomes

4. Gobblins

Puke-list

Panda. Don't ever be a panda. Always gank on sight. Never inv to group.

Just now, Sherekhan said:

Best:

1. Troll and Orc

2. Dwarf

3. Human/Nelf

4. Tauren

Worst:

1. Undead

2. draenei

3. Gnomes

4. Gobblins

Puke-list

Panda. Don't ever be a panda. Always gank on sight. Never inv to group.

But honestly about the best it depends on class i play and i tend to play:

Shaman = Orc

Paladin = Humans

Warrior = Orc or Dwarf

Druid = Nelf

Love Nelfs.

Hate Taurens.

Especially Taurens who pretend they were the first Druids.

No names.

Horde scum.

16 minutes ago, Elicas said:

Love Nelfs.

Hate Taurens.

Especially Taurens who pretend they were the first Druids.

No names.

Horde scum.

If I recall it right, we don't know for sure. There was that legend of the first druids who later became Treants which seems to refer to Tauren, but I think that wasn't clear. I would have to look that up anyway.

On the other Hand. Having Malfurion as the first druid is allmost shameful. Fandral Staghelm or Broll Bearmantle were allways so much cooler.

To my own List:

Vanilla:

My Favorites are Humans and Night Elves alike. Both have their very own charm, but what I like the most about them is their zealatrous ( is that a Word?) their fanactic Nature. Don't you dare hurt a tree without reason, you'll be in Trouble. Or don't you dare say anything good about the Horde or bad about the Light, the Holy Judgement WILL come down on you.

Then come the Forsaken. Pretty much because they are the Dark Side Version of Humans ( not the opposite, in some things they are actually very similar) Their History of Struggle and Suffering in this world made them evil to a huge amount and that is understandable. They are great antagonists.

Tauren are on the forth place. I like how relaxed they are but again, don't you Anger a Tauren. His ...Totem ....is bigger then yours and will come crushing down.

Other Races I regard Neutral, Allthough there not a greater Pleasure then "Releasing" the Undead when I Play my Paladin.

I have a bit of a Problem with Gnomes though. I always struggle against mages and when I Play my Tauren druid, it's ALLWAYS Gnome Mages who give me Trouble, don't know why, it's allways them!

If we include Expansion races, not much changes with one exception....Gilneas. I freaking love Worgen, they are by far my most played race in rp. Their Culture, their Story, their "being" in between the human and the elven world. So great....the only sad Thing is that so many Players rp them wrongly :(.

Posted (edited)

Most love for Troll, Orc!

Most h8 for race, lol, they are not even a race, rather some kind of mutation. Story goes like this:

Once upon a time there were trolls.And they prospered.Time passed by, and 1st signs of degeneration showed up.So, to protect their race, trolls tossed their weaklings from cliffs(SPARTA). Not all weaklings found their end from the cliffs,... some of them survived(damn), coz nature herself was amazed how degenerate are they,...so nature naturaly, felt pity and spared most of them.Not only that, she gave them fckin sunwell to drink and be less degenerate.And 15000 years after u got night elves. Taa daa!

Metzen, thank u so much for this:D

Edit:

O yeah i forgot...coz of their unnatural strenght(drained sunwell, moonwell whateva), blizz gave them Shadowmeld, so they can charge in front of their alliance!!!

MUHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Edited by Sallerius
One more evil thing xD

Draenei. Specifically male Draenei. Not because of their lore, but their looks. I hate the legs. The legs are so unnatural and unproportional to the top half of their body (especially for the males) that I can't stand playing them, which is a shame since I love shamans, but, I don't like playing horde.

Taurens all the way . There is just something special about them that makes me wanna love them so much(besides the size and the obvious cow puns ) . All this connection to the nature reminds me of myself in a way and they are very peaceful and slow which again reminds of myself xD . 

Second best comes Draenei . Again the theme of peace is preserved with them , I really like that , but unfortunately I have to wait until TBC (Bassicly TBC is the only expansion that makes me wanna play alliance )

The worst of the worst have to be Humans , dwarfs , orcs , elves . It's just too LOTR-ish , I mean its cool and all but for me its too cliche and I find them kind of boring . + Undead oh boy .. where should I start ... They are disgusting , evil and probably will doom the horde in the future ...

I don't count worgens , goblins and pandas 'cus after WOTLK , World of Warcraft is not anymore and I quote ''Tell them only that the Lich King is dead and that World of Warcraft died with him''

It's just not what it was suposed to be , it lost it's purpose (Kinda like jack . You haven't watched the new season of Samurai Jack ? Well what are you waiting for ? Just do it ! )

But oh ! Where are trolls ? Well they are just trolls ! :D

And gnomes ? What is that ? Can you eat it ?

I'll use @Blackrobe's patented emoji system

:D Tauren, like most of the horde races at least you are getting something relatively unique to the game. Everyone likes Tauren as they are the most impressive, cool, relaxed and neutral of the races

:) Night Elves bar the stupid ears and the fungus that the he-elves wear. Orcs for being honest. Dwarves for being honest. Female Drenai.

:| Undead should have been cool but it doesn't work for me. Trolls scrape by as being OK. Gnomes I can tolerate.

:( Humans, you're playing a fantasy game and you end up playing a human? Bet you like vanilla ice cream too.

>:( Male Drenai, the ugliest race ever. Blood Elves, I want to stomp on every one of their pathetic corpses.

Fucking draenei. One genocide wasn't enough (and orcs did a pretty shit job).

20 minutes ago, Xaverius said:

Fucking draenei. One genocide wasn't enough (and orcs did a pretty shit job).

Make love not warcraft ! :( 

Don't see why all the hate towards yhe Draenei.

Their demon counterparts are cool as hell. The new KJ model and his Machiavellian schemes are cool.

Plus Goldshire would be the same thing without them. *Kappa*

Personally I love the Draenei as Priests because they were the only ones to have some shadow lore for ages. Auchenai Soulpriests ftw. (Apart from just mentioning the cult of the forgotten shadow and never doing anything with it.) I have to agree however that the females are the only acceptable choice. The goat men look dumb tbh.

I've also began to appreciate Trolls more, as opposed to never ever playing one, I'd totally roll one now. Also came up with a fantastic troll name that I've never seen used.

Night Elf male would be great if the shoulders were not MASSIVE. Love the Druid lore.

Dwarf Female has a special place in my heart. They've been the subject of ridicule for years and honestly I don't see why. They look great and have decent animations. I'd love to see a fem dwarf Prot Pally in TBC.

Tauren are....nice as tanks. I'd never roll a male tauren myself as they're just so massive and since I'm not that tall IRL I can just never see myself being the biggest person in the game, its weird of me lol. I do however have a secret love for female Tauren, again neglected and ridiculed like female Dwarves. I will be rolling one if I end up on Horde, at least I can hide in animal forms from the terrible animations. Luckily come TBC I can be a tree too.

Posted (edited)

I like orcs and humans because they seem like they have more freedom to become good or evil. Most of the other vanilla races are one-dimensional. All trolls are Voodoo Jamaican patois guys that do whatever the orcs do. All night elfs act like night elfs (except for illidan). I have nothing against dwarves or tauren but again they are kind of one-dimensional.

Undead lore leading into WoW is cool, they freed themselves from being mindless slaves and blah blah blah. But in-game there are so many people that pick undead because being a zombie is badass? A zombie assassin!!

Gnome lore I don't really care about, but engineering is by far the most entertaining skill you can choose. So many fun items, like someone said earlier "Wile E Coyote" style. Rocket boots, rocket launchers, goblin jumper cables. But like undead I see so many gnome rogues with like hot pink pointy mustaches and after the 50th one you start to roll your eyes. I did play a female gnome warrior in the past though, because being a tank but also being literally knee-high to the rest of the party was funny. Also all the "sexy" female armor models on a female gnome were hilarious. So I guess I'm kind of ambivalent there.

In the end you are picking your character's race for min-maxed racials, lore, or aesthetics (or a combination) and it's up to you. I really don't judge people, but can't help but feel satisfaction for ganking undead and gnome rogues. :P

Edited by WITCHCRAFT

Tauren and Blood Elves for being the only races to be Druid and Paladin, respectively. So this is a no brainer.

Trolls, Orcs and Undead are pretty much on par, mostly depending on the class. I chose males on the first two and about 50/50 male/female on the Rest iirc.

undead=tryhard faggot mode, ud rogues deserve to die irl

"I kill two gnomes in da mornin´, I kill two gnomes ina di night, me a kill two gnomes befor a me kill two gnomes ... and then .. I kill two moar!"

(Yes, me changed da text, mon, but a di dwarf a me second fevourite race mon!)

4 minutes ago, buddhaseyes said:

"I kill two gnomes in da mornin´, I kill two gnomes ina di night, me a kill two gnomes befor a me kill two gnomes ... and then .. I kill two moar!"

Blasphemy! Gnome is love, gnome is life.

I like alliance as fraction better but i always loved Shamans and Draenei are so bad estetics. So i switch when you could be Dwarf Shamans (yes i played so far) in cata i change even my shaman to alliance. Dwarf Shamans are the only once cooler than Orcs imo. 

On 24. 03. 2017. at 6:28 AM, Lilaina said:

. Forsaken: Insane corpses. Why haven't we wiped them out already?

Because we raise each time we die and each time some other race dies :D

3 minutes ago, Loye said:

Because we raise each time we die and each time some other race dies :D

If they cut off one head, two more shall take its place.

Hail Sylvanus.

Posted (edited)

I don't hate any race, but there are a few I enjoy more than others, like human, orc, night elf and tauren. I also like undead lorewise but I don't enjoy playing one. The rest I haven't really been playing past level 10 because they don't appeal to me.

But it's worth noting that it depends on the class you choose. Like orcs I would only play warrior/shaman/hunter, tauren druid/shaman, undead caster/rogue. Nelf and human I can play everything so Nelf/human is probably my favorite overall. I could imagine my self play a gnome caster though.

Edited by Archiee