Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DonnyDonowitz

Whats the race you hate/love the most?

72 posts in this topic

Races I like and do play: Alliance - All but Gnome, Horde - Tauren, Blood Elf, Troll, and I do like Pandas.  That said I mostly like both kinds of elves. On my server on retail, almost all of my characters that can be Nelves, are, except for the Monk. The Monk is a Dwarf.

Races I don't hate but wouldn't play: Alliance - Gnome, Horde - Orc, Undead, Goblin.

Why are gnomes and goblins on the wouldn't play list? I can't stand being that short and having the camera that close to the ground. It's really that simple.

Love: Night Elves

Hate: all other races(especially undead)

Sometimes I wish NEs would form a separate faction, killing everything from humans to orcs. Kinda like you do in WC3.

As a side note, the only race I would play besides NEs would be drows(dark elves) from Dungeons & Dragons universe. But alas, that will never happen...

Love: Trolls. They were the original dominant species of Azeroth until the transformed trolls (night elves) blew everything up, literally, and every other species (minus tauren) invaded their lands. First mortal race to fight the old gods' armies and win on every single front, while the current races cant even ward off the corruption. Incredibly huge empires (bearing in mind that Zul'Drak was the smallest one), best great and glorious leader God King Rastakhan, actual technology and architecture, actual gods that can be talked to, capoeira, tusks, awesome hairdos, best stats. Much troll such cool wow.

Hate: Elves, in general. Ever since the first elves appeared, they haven't stopped screwing up for a single minute for more than 10 thousand years. The Sundering (mainly), exiles invading Amani sacred grounds, said exiles teaching humans magic (the reason of why everything still kept going down the drain after the sundering, aka medivh, the portal, necromancers, warlocks, cultists, etc), turned into satyrs and joined the legion , turned into nagas and invaded everywhere, turned into harpies and filled everything with dirty feathers and bird dung, and almost blowing up the world again, twice (Mt Hyjal and Illidan's attempt to destroy Northrend and cause 2012). Emo racist xenophobic mages turned into vegans and drug addicts. Not cool.

16934049_249473145511041_636997244_n.png

Edited by Hunab-Ku

On 24/03/2017 at 1:59 PM, Elicas said:

Love Nelfs.

Hate Taurens.

Especially Taurens who pretend they were the first Druids.

No names.

Horde scum.

One word.

Xarantaur. 

On 3/24/2017 at 10:59 AM, Elicas said:

Love Nelfs.

Hate Taurens.

No names.

Horde scum.

All the Yaungol used to live with Cenarius himself in the plains of central kalimdor (first pals of cenarius). On a second note, its worth mentioning that Xarantaur was granted with immortality by Nozdormu as well (genuine and legitimate immortality, not stolen from the life force of the planet... oh wait i forgot nelves are not immortal anymore, ouch). On a third note, druidism is a "modern" practice for the night elves; they were originally super addict of arcane energies and magics and in fact they looked down upon it. 

it. cold.jpg

Edited by Hunab-Ku

9 hours ago, Hunab-Ku said:

All the Yaungol used to live with Cenarius himself in the plains of central kalimdor (first pals of cenarius). On a second note, its worth mentioning that Xarantaur was granted with immortality by Nozdormu as well (genuine and legitimate immortality, not stolen from the life force of the planet... oh wait i forgot nelves are not immortal anymore, ouch). On a third note, druidism is a "modern" practice for the night elves; they were originally super addict of arcane energies and magics and in fact they looked down upon it.

Sounds like the typical lies made by one of the inferior Horde races.

I have played all of the races in the game at one point or another. I will admit that I am a somewhat unrepentant altoholic, and I normally play multiple characters, jumping back and forth between them in a slow meander towards endgame. With that said, for me personally:

Alliance:Most of my characters are Human. I prefer Nelf for hunter and I enjoy Gnomes on occasion. I tried a Dwarf once, but just couldn't get into the character.

Horde: Mostly Orcs. I prefer Troll for Mages and Hunters. I've tried Tauren a couple of times, but never did much with them. I've tried to play Undead, but I just can't do it. I don't care for their starting zones and the attitude of the NPCs. I avoid the Undercity as much as possible.

When TBC is available, I will be playing Belf. No question, my favorite race. They're as close to a High Elf as I'm going to get in WoW, and I prefer them to the treehuggers. 

I've played a couple of Draeni, but only female characters. I tried Goblins and Worgen, but just couldn't do it.

Pandas killed retail for me and I quit the game until WoD. Hated Garrisons, and haven't been back to retail since.

Ok, I've never rolled a panda...

Edited by Kuthela
Correct an omission.

On 3/27/2017 at 4:22 AM, Elicas said:

Sounds like the typical lies made by one of the inferior Horde races.

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Cenarius#The_tauren 

There's absolutly nothing good on the elves. All the problems that gave and keep giving blizzard ideas for expansions were caused by elves be it directly or indirectly. They were the ones that opened the first gate to azeroth for the legion after all, right on the well of eternity to top it off. 

Edited by Hunab-Ku

On 24.03.2017 г. at 3:59 PM, Elicas said:

Love Nelfs.

Hate Taurens.

No names.

Horde scum.

Complete opposite. Rot in hell you purple tree hugger! Gonna crap your forest till you die from the aroma!

On the contrary I actually find Humans to be pretty interesting, since they capture this "struggler" feeling that other races don't. The events of the second and third Warcraft games eventually led to the downfall of man.  A race that once controlled large parts of the Eastern Kingdoms is now spread thin trying to defend what little is left, all the while they are outnumbered by said invaders. Seems pretty grim to me

Love: Dwarves. There's just something so hilarious about these drunk little Scottish barbarians. I love them in every series they're done correctly. Warcraft, Warhammer, Lord of the Rings, etc. In Warcraft specifically I like them the best because there's no stronger bond between races than the humans and the dwarves. Humans taught dwarves the way of the light. A dwarf forged the Ashbringer for a human. One of the reasons the Alliance is so powerful is because of the dwarven war machines. I don't really hate any of the races. I just think dwarves are the best. They don't give much of a shit about anything but exploring and a strong drink, but if you fuck with them or their allies, and they will destroy you.

307885.jpg

Edited by Jon

Love: Tie between humans and night elves.  No reason other than these are the races I played back in the day.  I'm a sucker for nostalgia.  I suppose I can say I liked the lore behind both races.

Hate:  Forsaken.  They're one of the most glaring flaws in vanilla.  I wouldn't dare to suggest anything about them be changed, but Will of the Forsaken is without a doubt one of those "vanilla things" you have to put up with, and a great example of how the original experience can never be replicated perfectly, because how people play vanilla will never go back to what it was.

Edited by cybaster

42 minutes ago, cybaster said:

Love: Tie between humans and night elves.  No reason other than these are the races I played back in the day.  I'm a sucker for nostalgia.  I suppose I can say I liked the lore behind both races.

Hate:  Forsaken.  They're one of the most glaring flaws in vanilla.  I wouldn't dare to suggest anything about them be changed, but Will of the Forsaken is without a doubt one of those "vanilla things" you have to put up with, and a great example of how the original experience can never be replicated perfectly, because how people play vanilla will never go back to what it was.

And by that you mean a must pick race for TOP PVP players right? that's kind broken and unbalanced imo, never you should be railroaded into choosing always The same 1 of 4 choices.

My patented rating system,

Bestest: Forsaken, Embrace the end!

Bester: Trolls, We be Jammin!

Best: Dwarves, For Khaz Modan!

Worst: Humans, What? You're lord again, Well I didn't vote for you.

Worster: Gnomes, Sieze the ass toucher! 

Worstest: Male Draenei. In Twisting Nether, Exodaar fly yo..... But no really, WHAT THE HELL BLIZZARD!

I really like the architecture of Night Elves. Blizzard just mashed together Greco-Roman marble statues and columns, Edo Japanese roofs and torii, and put some stone henges in there for good measure. And somehow it works! The different color palettes in the various NE zones of WoW keep it fresh too.

Edited by WITCHCRAFT

On 4/4/2017 at 8:24 PM, Aelhis said:

And by that you mean a must pick race for TOP PVP players right? that's kind broken and unbalanced imo, never you should be railroaded into choosing always The same 1 of 4 choices.

Yep.  There's nothing else to it.  At least it's not really a big deal in large scale PVP, but I can't think of a racial that is a more severe and guaranteed counter to an entire class.  This problem is what specifically drives the notorious lack of Alliance Warlocks in the vanilla pserv scene.

Before any prospective UD's foam angrily at me, I'm still not advocating any changes to the dynamic.

i hate Male taurens..

super fat and block the screen.

female cows are ok though.

Edited by imbaslap

I like to pick the race based on the class i want to play (at least for my main)

Warrior: Allways undecided between Humans and Tauren. Tauren because they are the calm giants who smash you in the ground if you mess with them. Humans because my favorite warrior-style charakter in wow history is human. The often forgotten Anduin Lothar, the lion of Azeroth. Not because he's the best fighter or something but because for me he represents everything i want for a warrior (honour, sense of duty, the indestructible will to protect his people)

Warlock: Orc, because they have been messing around with demonic powers like no other race

Shaman: Tauren because i think the role of the shaman as spiritual leaders fits the most for them

Rogue: I really don't know because i never felt like playing one :P

Priest: Human because of their strong bond to the holy light

Paladin: Same as for priest and of course the coolest paladins were allways humans

Mage: I never played one but i would probably pick human or ofc high elve in tbc

Hunter: Can't really decide on that one but that's okay because i will never main one ;)

Druid: Would probably pick NE here but i'm not interested in maining a druid either

So based on this list my favourite races would be human and tauren. I don't hate the others but i don't really like trolls, forsaken and gnomes...

edit: i have to add, that pandas are nothing more than an april's joke for me, really. So yeah... if there is one race i really hate it has to be pandas because in my eyes they've got nothing to do with wc lore.

Edited by Mogri

1 hour ago, Mogri said:

I like to pick the race based on the class i want to play (at least for my main)

Warrior: Allways undecided between Humans and Tauren. Tauren because they are the calm giants who smash you in the ground if you mess with them. Humans because my favorite warrior-style charakter in wow history is human. The often forgotten Anduin Lothar, the lion of Azeroth. Not because he's the best fighter or something but because for me he represents everything i want for a warrior (honour, sense of duty, the indestructible will to protect his people)

Warlock: Orc, because they have been messing around with demonic powers like no other race

Shaman: Tauren because i think the role of the shaman as spiritual leaders fits the most for them

Rogue: I really don't know because i never felt like playing one :P

Priest: Human because of their strong bond to the holy light

Paladin: Same as for priest and of course the coolest paladins were allways humans

Mage: I never played one but i would probably pick human or ofc high elve in tbc

Hunter: Can't really decide on that one but that's okay because i will never main one ;)

Druid: Would probably pick NE here but i'm not interested in maining a druid either

So based on this list my favourite races would be human and tauren. I don't hate the others but i don't really like trolls, forsaken and gnomes...

I totaly agree with you.

For me is the same on the alliance side. On horde its pretty much Orc all the way:

Shamans - Orc (if Dwarf could be shamans i would be my alliance choice).

Warrior - Orc or Nelf/Dwarf

Hunter - Orc or Nelf

Paladins - Humans (bloodelfs never ever)

Rogue - Orc- Dwarf