Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Outstanding

The Beta Testing Fishing Blog - 23.03.17

67 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

This is awesome! I know many people don't care about fishing, but it's one of those little things in WoW that I love.

Edited by Hunter4Life

Ha, I hope all the professions get this kind of love.  Looking forward to your findings.

It's a very good start to lure people in. No private server has ever got Fishing right. Elysium the worst of them all. Do they even have fishing yet? Exciting times! 

Mob Pathing is the next biggest thing i'd love to see, but small steps lead to great adventures.

Noice. I'm jelly.

Even if it is smelly old fishing.

I am on record as saying I would watch a squirrel on the server as entertainment, so this is better than I could have hoped for. As a hunter, fishing is by far the most important secondary skill to me. Heck, it may be the most important tradeskill to me period since I actually also enjoy it. I am ecstatic to follow you on this journey. Huzzah!

1 hour ago, Retrac47 said:

I am on record as saying I would watch a squirrel on the server as entertainment, so this is better than I could have hoped for. As a hunter, fishing is by far the most important secondary skill to me. Heck, it may be the most important tradeskill to me period since I actually also enjoy it. I am ecstatic to follow you on this journey. Huzzah!

As an alchemist, fishing is definitely important to me. Also it's like meditation, I find it quite relaxing.

What an amazing idea and I am jealous that I didn't think of it first? Boring it is not. I would love nothing more than to cast my line into the inner rivers and oceans of azeroth in the sake of a quality wow fishing experience. As you know my first post was related to fishing and its wonderful...wonderfulness. I look forward to this, and please have fun as we join you on this journey.

P.S - Be sure to have a couple pints of brew with you while you fish. 

Regards,

Statin

Posted (edited)

8 hours ago, Outstanding said:

I've had to be trained on understanding the DB tables

What a scrub.

I already fished on there a bit, give me an unpolluted source on what should drop and I'll take care ofthe rest :P.

7 hours ago, Eyedie said:

No private server has ever got Fishing right. Elysium the worst of them all. Do they even have fishing yet?

I fished a fish there once. No joke!

6 hours ago, Verti said:

I volunteer as tribute!

Are you a fish? HAVE FISH INFILTRATED THIS FORUM ALREADY?!

Edited by Xaverius

I shall find you, and I shall gank you.

For PvP testing purposes, of course.

I can use my Samsung s7 to play WoW and fish; but I can't right click to retrieve fish!!! Everytime I right click, it closes my Google Chrome Remote Desktop. Anyone know how to fix this? 

Uy-mEWMOGM.market_maxres.jpg

- Featuring Outstanding. Season finale coming this (beta) on Discovery.

DID SOMEONE SAY FISHING?!

YES, the best profession in game is finally getting some attention!

Posted (edited)

Test those Oily Blackmouth, Stonescale Eel, Winter squid and Nightfin Snapper drops with care, cos I intend to make some serious money on them!:D

Edited by Macu

i have a feeling we will see Outstanding alot less here on the forums in the near future :ph34r:

214174006e42438caa9e09bf3d7a7572_gone-fi

14 hours ago, Macu said:

Test those Oily Blackmouth, Stonescale Eel, Winter squid and Nightfin Snapper drops with care, cos I intend to make some serious money on them!:D

So you're the guy I always buy the highly overprised Oily Blackmouths from?!

24 minutes ago, Amandil said:

So you're the guy I always buy the highly overprised Oily Blackmouths from?!

Possibly. But I'm definitely not the only guy who's making money this way.:)

Posted (edited)

Is PTR really the best term here? Wouldn't that imply open to public? Which it obviously isn't.

Otherwise, really top notch stuff, it's great to see people like yourself chipping in. I've never seen this many testers and researchers working on the same project before.

Edited by Pvt_8Ball

1 hour ago, Pvt_8Ball said:

Is PTR really the best term here? Wouldn't that imply open to public? Which it obviously isn't.

Otherwise, really top notch stuff, it's great to see people like yourself chipping in. I've never seen this many testers and researchers working on the same project before.

You know something, you're dead right on the PTR, let me correct that. Thanks.

Screenshot (72).png

Well. I'm here on the Kul'Tiras realm waiting for Elicas to find me and gank me ''just for fun''

I haven't started fishing yet as you can see, just getting into place, but I already found the first fishing bug! 

I'll be back later this week with the first update. Until then.....