Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Outstanding

The Beta Testing Fishing Blog - 23.03.17

67 posts in this topic
10 minutes ago, Outstanding said:

OK so I switched factions. What are your thoughts on this one?

I'll get quite a bit done over the weekend. There's a push coming through from Asura to fix a few issues here, and this will allow me to do some donkey work.

Great work going on here behind the scenes. Really smart bunch of people well above my pay grade.

I already have the cheat sheet, so I'm gonna say... the hair color! 

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Outstanding said:

CF Version.jpg

I'll get quite a bit done over the weekend. There's a push coming through from Asura to fix a few issues here, and this will allow me to do some donkey work.

Great work going on here behind the scenes. Really smart bunch of people well above my pay grade.

Shit, never mind.

Edited by Bluemoon

2 hours ago, Outstanding said:

CF Version.jpg

No trainer or NPC that sells the fishing rods and lures. I also can't see the auctioneer, but for some reason I'm thinking there wasn't an auctioneer in Teldrassil at launch. Don't remember what patch they got added, or if I'm just remembering incorrectly. I also don't see any critters or wandering merchants, so maybe there just aren't any NPCs in Teldrassil?

5 hours ago, Retrac47 said:

No trainer or NPC that sells the fishing rods and lures. I also can't see the auctioneer, but for some reason I'm thinking there wasn't an auctioneer in Teldrassil at launch. Don't remember what patch they got added, or if I'm just remembering incorrectly. I also don't see any critters or wandering merchants, so maybe there just aren't any NPCs in Teldrassil?

Pretty much. NPC's in Teldrassil are there, but there's three on the jetty that are missing. Astaia, Voleron and Talelar. 

Most people know them - not from the fishing - but because they bypass them if they are making a direct line from the AH to the post box/bank. So I knew it pretty much straight away. I thought it was pretty funny ''another attempt to ruin fishing by the devs'' except that Dark was able to find them pretty quickly. So they are there....just not in their appointed positions. I had thoughts of unleashed fishing NPC's wandering around Azeroth being murdered by the local wildlife but it wasn't that dramatic.

But I thought this highlighted the value of doing an immersive specific beta testing. There is always the chance that we will miss things to be picked up on after release, but not something as obvious as this.

10 hours ago, Retrac47 said:

Don't remember what patch they got added, or if I'm just remembering incorrectly.

They got added with the linked auction houses patch (whenever that was). Previous to that patch all trading took place in IF/OG or the goblin towns which caused other "major" hubs to be more or less empty :)

7 hours ago, Outstanding said:

Pretty much. NPC's in Teldrassil are there, but there's three on the jetty that are missing. Astaia, Voleron and Talelar. 

Most people know them - not from the fishing - but because they bypass them if they are making a direct line from the AH to the post box/bank. So I knew it pretty much straight away. I thought it was pretty funny ''another attempt to ruin fishing by the devs'' except that Dark was able to find them pretty quickly. So they are there....just not in their appointed positions. I had thoughts of unleashed fishing NPC's wandering around Azeroth being murdered by the local wildlife but it wasn't that dramatic.

But I thought this highlighted the value of doing an immersive specific beta testing. There is always the chance that we will miss things to be picked up on after release, but not something as obvious as this.

I think that dock is single place I have spent the most time in any game lol.

8 hours ago, Outstanding said:

They are making some crazy orgy somewhere in that blasphemous place that is the temple of the moon. Crazy tree huggers and their debaucheries. Kill them all!

Posted (edited)

WoWScrnShot_040217_204118.pngGreets.

So just a quick update. I'm away in flat land until Tuesday evening so can't test nor fish nor contribute much.

Today I was able to do the first real testing of the DB as well as level up to artisan (so the Q-lines are working fine)

I'll be pricking around in BoS for a while on my return for one very particular reason. After that, it's pretty much checking out the DB.

I chucked in about 10 fishing bugs, all are either sorted or on their way to being sorted.

Such is the CF :x for fishing. So it's looking really good, getting a lot of attention from the devs.

Later next week I'll update the whole thread and explain what bugs I found.

My aim is to complete fishing EOM and then move to cooking and first aid if that makes sense.

Just want to emphasise one thing. We are awhile-away from getting to PTR and then server launch. But it's coming together and it's looking good. 

Edited by Outstanding

6 hours ago, Outstanding said:

Updated!

That update was so meaty and comprehensive, and with illustrations to boot! Thanks very much, we love the nitty gritty.

Wow. I feel like when CF finally releases, I should fish just out of respect. 

I was never real big on fishing, being that I enjoyed a lot of the other aspects of the game more. (Leveling, exploring, crafting professions) But, after seeing all of the incredible, thought provoking, updates as of lately. Especially that last one. Which just blew my mind! I will have to give this, this glorious profession more of my time.

22 hours ago, Outstanding said:

Updated!

Technically Correct.jpg

@Outstanding I can't believe there are that many bugs with just fishing alone, these bugs sound terrible.
I hope they get fixed.