Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hunter4Life

Content release schedule?

I did a forum search and didn't find one. So has there been any sort of semi-official schedule released? 

Max 12-16 months for all content to be released.For every major tier/raid, we are looking at 3 months gap or so.I heard Darkrasp saying this.

Edited by dailybs

But I mean like specifics? As an example, will the Sunken Temple class quests be in at launch? 

4 hours ago, Hunter4Life said:

But I mean like specifics? As an example, will the Sunken Temple class quests be in at launch? 

So the plan is to release talents and classes at 1.12.1, items at pre 1.9 and content around 1.4. Everything will get phased in two big patches rather than patch by patch.

As to the specifics, I'm annoying one of the elder gods to update his FAQ in the next 24 hours.

I'll be back.

See this thread for discussion on the matter.

TL:DR No official time line yet, supposedly we will get a nice fancy graphic one when the webdevs get around to finalizing the website properly. However, @Bloo is a lazy bugger and we have no idea when it will be completed.

:bloo:

On 26.3.2017 at 4:12 AM, dailybs said:

Max 12-16 months for all content to be released.For every major tier/raid, we are looking at 3 months gap or so.I heard Darkrasp saying this.

Is this for vanilla only? Three months between Ulduar and ToC for instance is way too little time, especially considering how catch-up gear ruins previous tiers in later expansions.

50 minutes ago, Lilaina said:

Is this for vanilla only? Three months between Ulduar and ToC for instance is way too little time, especially considering how catch-up gear ruins previous tiers in later expansions.

Yes it is. The timelines to move to TBC from vanilla was always expressed as being 16-18 months. We'll get that out of the way before looking at the TBC ones.

6 hours ago, Lilaina said:

I'd expect they may alter the way some catch up gear is dropped/release in WotLK. They aren't going to want to spend 6 months working on Ulduar hardmodes for everyone to skip it for heroics once TOC drops.

1 hour ago, Elicas said:

I'd expect they may alter the way some catch up gear is dropped/release in WotLK. They aren't going to want to spend 6 months working on Ulduar hardmodes for everyone to skip it for heroics once TOC drops.

This.

We've got a timeline we wish to follow, however, current timeline is currently meant only for Vanilla version of the game.

TBC, WotLK and further will follow their own timelines as well. Naturally, we want to avoid pumping content out too often, meaning that we should at least allow people to first clear the currently released content before we pump out a new content patch.

Although everything is subject to change, we do have plans for a current vanilla timeline. :)

On 3/26/2017 at 10:34 AM, Elicas said:

See this thread for discussion on the matter.

TL:DR No official time line yet, supposedly we will get a nice fancy graphic one when the webdevs get around to finalizing the website properly. However, @Bloo is a lazy bugger and we have no idea when it will be completed.

:bloo:

Timeline as in what will be released after what and the current stage of the project in terms of alpha/beta/released?

Well that thing is not even made in a design, nor even discussed. I'm (mostly) the backend web dev, Audio makes the design and usually creates the front-end, unless it's already made and I can use it (which was the case with the beta sign up form page and few more stuff). Go quote Asura, not me, since I only implement designs and create websites, i don't involve myself in the part of figuring out how ti visually look since I'm not a front end guy (i know how to do it, i just hate coding js and html&css is boring and nerve wrecking).

Provide me with a design concept and a PSD or a converted html&css one and I or another one can make it in to a site. It would be quite pointless to do it right now though since we are not aware when we will release, let alone on which date will X instance release.

The dev progression page is done since November - the page on which you can see progress bars of different aspects of a private server (like spells; AI; quests;etc.) and one global progress bar to indicate how far is our progression though the Closed Beta. Blame Asura for not allowing me to make it public. Darkrasp gave me the new values and slight update to it a few days a go.

Go ask Crogge/Asura to make it public, nothing more I can do about it.

PS: to answer OP's question - there have been assumptions made by the staff regarding how many months we will spend on each patch of an expansion, usually being between 1 to 4 months from what I remember. Look it up in the FAQ, it should be somewhere on this forum.

Edited by Bloo

Very well then.

@Asura @Crogge May we have the progression page made public please? Or at least an indication when we can see it.