Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Outstanding

The FAQ FAQ

Hello one and all.

So there is an awful lot happening at the moment, more of this anon.

Darkrasp has updated the FAQ here:

To make it slightly more relevant and change some of the details that were being misinterpreted, sometimes willfully.

But nothing and nobody is perfect. Would you all do us a favour and scan through it quickly and leave any comments or constructive criticism on this thread please? We'll take the suggestions on board and make any changed deemed appropriate. The FAQ should be the first thing people read on the forums and it's important it makes the right impression.

I'll be back later. 

First

Looks good. I'll read it again tonight to take a second sweep of things.

Edited by Adalon

Looks pretty good.

It's consistent and makes sense as a whole.

There is some stuff that will leave specific people with objections (respec cost, why are you not millionaires that can guarantee the project will exist for millennia from your pocket change, without ever needing to resort to donations or cosmetic rewards, why fix exploitable bugs that Blizzard didn't fix, that's not "blizz-like", why buff encounters that's not ..., why you don't improve other aspects of the game since you're making some custom changes anyway etc)

That makes it a good FAQ in my book, because each project needs personality and values and it's more important to keep to those than try to please everyone (it's impossible anyway)

Your vision is to try your best to be true to the original experience within the constraints of emulation and I'm A-OK with that personally.

Edited by Roadblock

One PC change I would make is change it from "Chinese Farmers" to "Chinese Players".

I think it looks good. Glad to have an updated FAQ I can point people to. Some people will always find something to complain about, but there is definitely enough there to explain who we are and what we are doing to someone unfamiliar with CF. I would consider putting a link to the staff page at the bottom and mentioning Outstanding's position as CM to direct people's questions.

1 hour ago, Steaktips said:

One PC change I would make is change it from "Chinese Farmers" to "Chinese Players".

They don't want to ban Chinese Players though, they want to ban Chinese Farmers...

12 minutes ago, Kelila said:

They don't want to ban Chinese Players though, they want to ban Chinese Farmers...

Is it not in China which they can only play for two hours max due to a law that the government implemented to prevent video game addiction?

(So I guess they must use a VPN if they want to play for more time? Someone told about that law but don't know if it's true or not.)

Edited by DonnyDonowitz

24 minutes ago, DonnyDonowitz said:

Is it not in China which they can only play for two hours max due to a law that the government implemented to prevent video game addiction?

(So I guess they must use a VPN if they want to play for more time? Someone told about that law but don't know if it's true or not.)

The VPN ban also hurts botters which is awesome. Big blow to goldsellers and cheaters/exploiters. 

I love the brm war zone answer. Glorious.