Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

emab

what class?! same MAIN all expansions??

53 posts in this topic

Hey!

is anyone els freaking out trying to pick a main class? I have to think about how that class works in TBC > and if i need / want to reroll at that point. 

I have been around the Vanilla private server scene for many many years now.. i love all classes and i have played them all.. and we must remember all us Vanilla players arnt getting any younger.. we have more and more things to take care of IRL and i feel like CRESTFALL will be the last big thing before the players are growing it out..

So lets say game time is limited, but you can attend 2 raids a week + some gold farming late nights..

Have you manage to pick a class? for all future expansions? 

dont let that limit you

just have the same guy until naxx, then start levelling an alt, then have the same guy until sunwell, then if you want start levelling an alt

play the class that you think is the most fun during each xpack

and if you don't have much time to play, then you can start levelling an alt instead of farming for consumables or whatever after you've gotten your epic mount and all the pre-raid BiS gear

you'll get all the gold you want afterwards for repairs FPs the mail and health/mana potions and even some for protection potions too from raiding, and you might get alot of gold from that pre-bis grind too

it'd help to kill alot of fire elementals while lvling so you can save the mats for 60; get an alchemist in your future guild to make em for you with the other mats that you buy and maybe it could last you a few months if you skip out on the MC progression raids

Edited by Aquane

Yes, I've picked the class I'm going to play. Several times. No doubt I will change my mind several times more before CF is released. :P

Safe to say that my main will be either a paladin, hunter, mage or priest. Or a warlock. Maybe a rogue. Yeah, I still need to think on this. I definitely intend to stick to the same character from vanilla to WotLK.

2 hours ago, emab said:

and we must remember all us Vanilla players arnt getting any younger.. we have more and more things to take care of IRL and i feel like CRESTFALL will be the last big thing before the players are growing it out..

Pffft, jobs and studies and BFs and families and all that RL nonsense come and go but WoW is 4ever.

Does my name give away my class choice? teeheehee xD

I'm only interested in Vanilla. I can't remember the exact changes from each expansion, but when they took away Hunter melee, that was the absolute deal-breaker for me.

And I recently tried Legion. Hunters feel terrible there. Not that I care, retail WoW became unplayable for me long ago.

Vanilla Hunter for life B|

Edited by Hunter4Life

Well.. If you will get bored of Your Main you can always roll a new character (and make it Your new main).
Leveling an alt is way easier (taking less time) than main (especially on a fresh server). Also Your guild mates may help You leveling an alt.

There's no horde paladins and alliance shamans in vanilla so I believe many people are going to roll 'em once TBC is released (DK in wotlk etc... [etc = kung-fu pandas]).
For example I would love to play tank pally in vanilla but I'm not rly the Alliance guy. Damn it! So I'm going to roll a Warrior (at least I don't need to flask for UBRS).

But if You wanna keep with "one single main" I suggest to pick a class that fits in every expansions, I mean... The class that is getting stronger (and more important or "irreplaceable") or more (not less) funny to play in TBC/WotLK. I'm talking here about class utility in expansions; for example:
-no one need teleports in TBC+ so mage teleport spells becomes more useless with every expansion
-shamans can hex in WotLK so mage polly is not irreplaceable anymore (also non-talent sap in TBC+ is not breaking stealth anymore [but not working on beasts before WotLK])
-paladins and druids are officially tanks in TBC+ so warriors aren't god mode of taking after 2 years of playing vanilla (DK in WotLK)
-etc.

So... I think vanilla classes that are getting stronger or more useful trought TBC and WotLK are:
1. Shamans (one button four totems [sounds like movie for adult, isn't it?], hex)
2. Paladins (they can be a "real" tanks, they can also become a retri dps in WotLK [or even TBC])
3. Priests (just because shadow spec is more viable in TBC+)
4. druids (moonkin and cat dps are relatively stronger in TBC+)

Cheers

Guess I'll keep playing the same class as I have for years now - the walking summoning stone.

Could try a warrior too if I'll feel masochistic.

Edited by Shady_Lizard

I'm definitely gonna stick to playing a Hunter as my main through all expansions (Probably gonna call the quits at wotlk, or mid-wotlk) because I always found it to be the most fun class regardless of it's strength, although I have a hard time deciding what class I want as my alt. It's either gonna be feral druid, shadow priest or mage though :P

But generally, just pick whatever you like the most. All classes are needed in one way or another so don't be afraid of not getting into groups/raids or whatever for not playing the "class of the expansion/month... etc".
Also whats the point of constantly giving up the progress you've made on a character just to play whatever is "best right now". Be the best at YOUR class instead, you will always be able to improve. :) 

Edited by Cruzix

I'll most likely main a hunter and a holy priest depending on what I'm feeling. I never really got into many of the other classes, and at this point I'm looking to relive the old experience, not learn something new.

6 minutes ago, Elicas said:

No one will guess what my main will be.

Spammer? :D

My main is always either a Mage or Warlock. Both of those are viable through TBC, although I'v been playing with Hunter quite a bit in Vanilla. I'll probably level a Holy Priest after those are done. Of course the last time I said that I leveled as Shadow and did very little actual healing.

I'm at that point in life where I actually have more time to game. The kids are grown and I get to play with the grand kids, but the nice part about that is they get to go home with their parents. One of my grandsons is interested in tryiung out WoW, although he plays a lot of Assassin's Creed on XBox, but maybe we can get a three generation group going at some point.

3 hours ago, Hunter4Life said:

Does my name give away my class choice? teeheehee xD

I'm only interested in Vanilla. I can't remember the exact changes from each expansion, but when they took away Hunter melee, that was the absolute deal-breaker for me.

And I recently tried Legion. Hunters feel terrible there. Not that I care, retail WoW became unplayable for me long ago.

Vanilla Hunter for life B|

Hunters didn't lose melee until much later on. 5.0 or some shit. Burning crusade is super solid for hunters and has tons of great looking ranged weapons. You'd be doing yourself a disservice if you didn't carry on into B.C.

26 minutes ago, Bluemoon said:

Hunters didn't lose melee until much later on. 5.0 or some shit. Burning crusade is super solid for hunters and has tons of great looking ranged weapons. You'd be doing yourself a disservice if you didn't carry on into B.C.

I've played TBC, and while it's good in some ways, I find Vanilla is the superior version. Certain things I simply cannot accept. Flying Mounts is one of them. It ruined my favorite aspect of the game, world PvP.

I had planned on using CF specifically to see how Destruction Warlock and the game changed throughout it's life time(More so vanilla and TBC, I was active in WoW from WotLK and on), so I had planned on maining that through all of it. That said I do miss my Cata+ Blood Death Knight playstyle, and I did miss out on the MoP version of Monk, so who knows. I'll probably jump around a bit.

Rogue, Druid and Hunter through all expansions. Never played anything else, never will.

3 hours ago, Joyman said:

Spammer? :D

looooooooooooooooooool

As for me, i'm going full on druid, hell yeah baby !

B|B|B|

Edited by ClawzTheMeow

I'm going Hunter. Pretty solid throughout all of the expansions. DPS is a bit low in vanilla but if you know your stuff you can secure a raid spot. DPS gets absolutely insane in TBC.

I mean honestly though, what class would be a bad choice? Every class is pretty viable in TBC and WotLK. Pick whatever you like :)

9 minutes ago, Jon said:

I'm going Hunter. Pretty solid throughout all of the expansions. DPS is a bit low in vanilla but if you know your stuff you can secure a raid spot. DPS gets absolutely insane in TBC.

I mean honestly though, what class would be a bad choice? Every class is pretty viable in TBC and WotLK. Pick whatever you like :)

Hunter does actually very respectable-good dps in Molten Core when everyone is in Pre-raid BiS, specially on certain bosses when you can use your pet. 

Every class is viable, but not every spec is - keep that in mind. Also some classes are required a lot more than others - you'll only see 3 hunters (4 at a push) in guilds really worth mentioning once you look past BWL.

5 hours ago, duzyizly said:

So I'm going to roll a Warrior (at least I don't need to flask for UBRS).

Ended duki's career in just one sentence

Edited by Svensson

1 minute ago, Eyedie said:

Hunter does actually very respectable-good dps in Molten Core when everyone is in Pre-raid BiS, specially on certain bosses when you can use your pet. 

Every class is viable, but not every spec is - keep that in mind. Also some classes are required a lot more than others - you'll only see 3 hunters (4 at a push) in guilds really worth mentioning once you look past BWL.

Yup. You might be forced into playing a certain spec in vanilla if you want to raid, but in TBC and WotLK your options definitely open up a lot.

Just now, Svensson said:

Ended duki's career in just one sentence

You sir, have just made my day. 

Main: Nelf Hunter

First Alt: Nelf Gnome mage (Teleport/AOE Farm bitch)

Second Alt: Nelf Rogue (Lockpicking bitch)

Third Alt: Nelf Druid (Enchant/Gather bitch for flight form in TBC Drop)

Fourth Alt: Nelf Warrior (I'll never make it to this, but if I really get that bored, then I'll level this guy)

Edited by Kelila

To continue with this topic - i'm rolling Troll (ofc female cause males look stupid af) Rogue cause i'm a PvE tryhard :/ Also i want to compare berserking to an undead Rogue in boss situations on Horde Side. Never raided on Horde always been Alliance

My alt which I will be leveling will be a Orc Hunter or Undead Mage, for farming reasons - this does depend on what is economically viable on Crestfall - will be comparing DME farming to Maraudon etc.

53 minutes ago, Kelila said:

Main: Nelf Hunter

First Alt: Nelf Gnome mage (Teleport/AOE Farm bitch)

Second Alt: Nelf Rogue (Lockpicking bitch)

Third Alt: Nelf Druid (Enchant/Gather bitch for flight form in TBC Drop)

Fourth Alt: Nelf Warrior (I'll never make it to this, but if I really get that bored, then I'll level this guy)

All those bitches. Guess that hunter will have a whole harem for herself! 

Favorite classes in no order: Hunter, Paladin and Shaman. 

Likely main Hunter in vanilla/TBC. 
Main Paladin in WOTLK. 
Sprinkle in some heavy shaman from TBC and onwards. 
Maybe squeeze in a warrior somewhere. 

Das' about it.