Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
slipryyyy

policy on multiboxing?

54 posts in this topic
5 hours ago, rooted said:

Are they all connected to the same router/modem through wifi and/or a cable? If they are, then your isp assigns each device a unique IP address, which is odd since IPv4 addresses are about to be all used up. 

my laptop is cable, other devices wifi 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps on obvious question. What about having my bank alt on a different account, and having two Wow's running in the same time within a city in order to transfer goods between my main and my bank alt via trade instead of mailing them and waiting for their arrival as well as spending in game money (yeah I'm super cheap).

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i had access to three different accounts that people gave me as they quit on nost which i used to completely lock down the entirety of both the rich thorium and black lotus in burning steppes for a 2-3 month period almost entirely by myself

 

"multiboxing isnt an issue"

 

yeah right, this isn't retail where people are forced to pay multiple subs to keep alternate accounts active; majority of people in this case wouldnt multibox at all. its stupid af to compare the two. unless measures are taken to prohibit it, everyone will end up abusing it to some extent. literally just look at kronos 1/2, every other faggot leveling has some level 60 on /follow as they run around, or are actively farming shit across multiple different zones

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/20/2016 at 5:47 AM, mrmr said:

Multiboxing is A LOT of work, it's a game on its own and yet because it doesn't suites your playstyle it should be banned, "because on retail you had to pay for EVERY SINGLE account".

Still, your bank-accounts are fine, right? What about all of your "scout accounts"? Your "Portals account"? Your "Soulstone accounts"? Are these fine? Sure they are (cause they suite your needs).

are you really so dense as to not realize the massive difference between having a single alt parked in IF/ORG to check the AH/manage banks while you do shit on the main and having multiple level 60s all farming at the same time in the same zone, trading honor, having 10 level 20 warlocks across multiple different zones, having an entire 40 man raid with alternate accounts so everyone can have soulstones and otherwise?

 

like come on m8 youre reaching like crazy

i could also be wrong in saying this, but on retail vanilla and onwards wasnt logging onto multiple characters on the same account impossible? if so its pointless to differentiate between "multiboxing" and "multiaccounting" as any instance of the former would have been non-blizzlike anyway

Edited by Mecher
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Mecher said:

are you really so dense as to not realize the massive difference between having a single alt parked in IF/ORG to check the AH/manage banks while you do shit on the main and having multiple level 60s all farming at the same time in the same zone, trading honor, having 10 level 20 warlocks across multiple different zones, having an entire 40 man raid with alternate accounts so everyone can have soulstones and otherwise?

 

like come on m8 youre reaching like crazy

i could also be wrong in saying this, but on retail vanilla and onwards wasnt logging onto multiple characters on the same account impossible? if so its pointless to differentiate between "multiboxing" and "multiaccounting" as any instance of the former would have been non-blizzlike anyway

Seems like the dense one it's you.

I'm trying to tell you (all) that multi-account is the same shit as multi-box. They are both cancerous to the server.

Permitting one and not the other is the real issue here.

 

As you said yourself in your previous post:

i had access to three different accounts that people gave me as they quit on nost which i used to completely lock down the entirety of both the rich thorium and black lotus in burning steppes for a 2-3 month period almost entirely by myself

^ this is what multi-account gives you....

You probably can't enforce "having a single alt parked in IF/ORG to check the AH/manage banks"....as soon as players have access to multiple accounts they will exploit that.

...and sorry, they will exploit multi-account into multi-boxing too (lvl60 following "their little fake brothers")...

The funniest thing is that someone (many) will also get away with it....

 

Imposing non-enforcable rules is just not very smart (and all the pservers around do this) and "Multibox Nay, Multiaccounts Yay" is one of these non-enforcable rules.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20-7-2016 at 4:31 PM, Darkrasp said:

Our current intention is to cap accounts per IP at two.  If you have a roommate or a spouse who wants to play with you, that's fine.  Multiboxing will be against the rules, and for the time being, other players will be able to report suspected multiboxers. 

Multiaccounting has a different set of problems, as mrmr mentioned, and a few he did not.  A regular account allows (I believe) 8 characters.  That's enough for a main, an alt, one or two bank alts (especially in Vanilla before GBanks), and some "scouts".  Adding a second account gives you enough character slots to have an alt logged out at a dozen important checkpoints.  Not just Azuregos, Kazzak, and a few Green Dragons, but black lotus spawns, rich thorium spawns, the DM arena, etc.  It's behavior that's done because it's profitable, even though it's kind of disingenuous and kills the fun of finding something valuable organically.  In addition to that, allowing infinite accounts fails to discourage toxic players who get banned, since they can always just make another throwaway level 1 account and hop right back on the server to resume their toxic behavior.  With a two account maximum, it means two strikes and you're out.

Is it possible to use proxies to get multiple IPs, yes.  There will be some people dedicated enough to cheating that they'll go all-out in order to beat the system, and for those cases we're going to rely on player reports and server-side anti-cheat.

13 hours ago, Yacopok said:

Perhaps on obvious question. What about having my bank alt on a different account, and having two Wow's running in the same time within a city in order to transfer goods between my main and my bank alt via trade instead of mailing them and waiting for their arrival as well as spending in game money (yeah I'm super cheap).

Following up on this, just to clarify, as I havent really found the exact answer to it: Are you allowed to scout for Black Lotus, trade with a bank character, play the AH, scout worldbosses etc on one account while at the same time doing BG's, raids, whatever on the 2nd account? As long as you stick to a maximum of 2 accounts online at the same time? Or is this what the staff also considers "multiboxing", and thus against the rules? @Darkrasp

If the answer is yes, its allowed, I would assume the only question would be how to prevent it from being abused. And if the answer is no, the only question would be are player reports enough to prevent it from being abused anyways? (Player reports werent enough on Nostalrius, and a large majority got away with it)

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having an account sit in the AH that you alt-tab to during flights or whatever isn't what I would consider multiboxing.  I had alts on my retail account parked near the AH, Kazzak spawn and one or two green dragons, so similarly, that's not really a problem either.  You're afk on one account while active on another, and that's not really a problem for me.  The kind of multiboxing we will aggressively target is having a second character on follow and using a multi-input program to control both accounts simultaneously.

I'll clarify this with Asura and update the FAQ according to his decision.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No firm answer right now.  Controlling multiple accounts simultaneously with a multi-input device, or having extra accounts on follow for the purpose of levelling multiple characters simultaneously is a definite no.  As far as using multiple accounts simultaneously for AH/scouting, that's still under consideration.

Edited by Darkrasp
spelling
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What about manually controlling two characters on two monitors? Not for powerlevelling, but not afk either,for example levelling an alt while raiding on a main?

Edited by Apocalypsa
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If your behavior could be interpreted as "controlling multiple characters simultaneously", then you will be in violation of the rules and risk summary banning and/or deletion of both involved accounts. 

Up to you whether or not you want to try, I suppose.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, 3d party software, follow powerleveling are not allowed. I doubt you can really track that and even if you did It would be just a waste of time which you could invest on fixing bugs. It was not allowed on nost, they barely banned someone for it, most of the time people got singled out. On top of that you gonna set cap 4k-6k if your project succeed we might get queues. Do you think someone who wants to play on his main char should wait in queue because someone has an alt for scanning ah or parked warlock alt near world bosses? That does not seem right to me. Moreover, alt tab leveling is not that hard if you play in window mode you simply need assist macro and press 2 buttons to switch windows. Double mage farming, having 2 chars with herbalism camping black lotus, plaguebloom. You could tell me that is how it supposed to be and how it was on retail but most people barely could afford 1 account. Some people had 2 or even more accounts, It was such a minority that this would not affect servers economy. Allow 2 accounts online at the same time only for trading,enchanting, summons, portals only if you are in main cities(org,storm,ironforge,uc, etc) that would solve most of your problems and your gms would spend less time investigating every suspicious player abusing your rules.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you also need to take into account the community reaction. If the policy on multiboxing is a firm no with penalties you can expect a decent part of the community self - policing. 

AKA 'ratting' on players deemed to be violating the terms and conditions. I presume any suspicious behaviour can be verified by checking recent account behaviour just to be 100%.

Personally I don't like that part of the game. If I see suspicious activity I tend always to make a verbal approach to the player as they may not be aware of official policy. I consider suspicious behaviour and a failure to communicate to be grounds for GM intervention. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just like @Outstanding said, I'm with him. I think part of community will policy players, cause I dnt wanna see AFFFF following AGGGG with AHHHHH guarding them.

Really, just don't :> play the game the way it's supposed to be played.

"OH BUT I WANT MAKE ALL MY CRAFT ALONE".

MAKE ALTS, LEVEL THEM UP, ONE PER TIME.

Lazy ppl should go play Fun Server and not a blizzlike one ~~

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People who want to do everything alone or doesn't want to interact with other players at all shouldn't play Vanilla WoW and MMORPGs in general; they should play single-player games like retail :P

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Outstanding said:

If the policy on multiboxing is a firm no with penalties you can expect a decent part of the community self - policing.

Thanks for stating the obvious. How about a comment on the multiaccounting part of the discussion? You think the community will be able to prevent multiaccounting?

47 minutes ago, Odysseu said:

Just like @Outstanding said, I'm with him. I think part of community will policy players, cause I dnt wanna see AFFFF following AGGGG with AHHHHH guarding them.

Did you even read what Darkrasp said? "Controlling multiple accounts simultaneously with a multi-input device, or having extra accounts on follow for the purpose of levelling multiple characters simultaneously is a definite no." Multiboxing will not be allowed whatsoever. Its the "multiaccounting" part that is up for consideration/discussion. How about a meaningfull comment on that? :P

15 minutes ago, Rhazjel said:

People who want to do everything alone or doesn't want to interact with other players at all shouldn't play Vanilla WoW and MMORPGs in general; they should play single-player games like retail :P

Another comment that doesnt add anything to the topic.

Is this like a Crestfall forums thing, where people comment on every topic just to farm up their "reputation" and "posts" count? Just simply repeating themselves or sharing their opinion even though their opinion doesnt add anything to the topic whatsoever. How about people comment on the multiaccounting part of the discussion and actually contribute? Pretty sure the staff has already said multiple times that multiboxing will not be allowed. Anyways...

In my opinion you cant prevent multiaccounting and player reports will simply always be guesses, giving GM's extra work. (Example: will a player know if a lvl 2 Nelf rogue called Azuspy placed ontop of Azuregos's spawn point is also being controlled by someone who is doing BG's or a raid on his main? no... only GM's could, and thus every player report is likely a guess) 

17 hours ago, Darkrasp said:

Having an account sit in the AH that you alt-tab to during flights or whatever isn't what I would consider multiboxing.  I had alts on my retail account parked near the AH, Kazzak spawn and one or two green dragons, so similarly, that's not really a problem either.  You're afk on one account while active on another, and that's not really a problem for me.

Lets say you dont allow exactly what Darkrasp described in above quote. What prevents me from saying that my wife is scouting Azuregos while doing the dishes, while im doing a BG or a raid on my account? Just think about it, where do you draw the line? Do you allow banking/trading and the use of mage alts for portals as long as its inside a city, the way Nostalrius had it? A policy that, like I explained above, only causes extra work for GM's... 

6 hours ago, KFC said:

Allow 2 accounts online at the same time only for trading,enchanting, summons, portals only if you are in main cities(org,storm,ironforge,uc, etc) that would solve most of your problems and your gms would spend less time investigating every suspicious player abusing your rules.

This will only cause GM's to spend more time. Lets say you allow multiboxing and multiaccounting completly, GM's wouldnt have to investigate anyone, because its all allowed. If you only allow what you said, dont you think it'll be more difficult finding out wether or not someone is breaking this rule? So im allowed to trade/summon/portal etc, but not allowed to play the AH on a 2nd account? How do you know if that lvl 1 character inside the AH is also doing a BG on another account? or how do you know if that lvl 2 scout at that Black Lotus is not also playing a 2nd account? Exactly... you dont.

TLDR: Can we skip the multiboxing crap that is already pretty much set in stone and look at multiaccounting instead? I'll just quote myself:

22 hours ago, Brain said:

If the answer is yes, its allowed, I would assume the only question would be how to prevent it from being abused. And if the answer is no, the only question would be are player reports enough to prevent it from being abused anyways? (Player reports werent enough on Nostalrius, and a large majority got away with it)

 

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Brain said:

Pretty sure the staff has already said multiple times that multiboxing will not be allowed. Anyways...

 

18 hours ago, Darkrasp said:

Having an account sit in the AH that you alt-tab to during flights or whatever isn't what I would consider multiboxing.  I had alts on my retail account parked near the AH, Kazzak spawn and one or two green dragons, so similarly, that's not really a problem either.  You're afk on one account while active on another, and that's not really a problem for me.  The kind of multiboxing we will aggressively target is having a second character on follow and using a multi-input program to control both accounts simultaneously.

 

16 hours ago, Darkrasp said:

Controlling multiple accounts simultaneously with a multi-input device, or having extra accounts on follow for the purpose of levelling multiple characters simultaneously is a definite no.  As far as using multiple accounts simultaneously for AH/scouting, that's still under consideration.

Multiboxing means that one player controls multiple characters simultaneously. You have to distinguish like this:

  1. Multiboxing using 3rd party software - This form of multiboxing is completely forbidden.
  2. Multiboxing manually (alt-tabbing) - This form of multiboxing is in some forms forbidden and in some allowed. 
  • Forbidden: Having characters on follow for the purpose of leveling multiple characters simultaneously.
  • Allowed: Browsing AH, scouting for world bosses.

Note that I wrote these two types under "allowed" even though Darkrasp said it's "still under consideration". I did so because any form of behavior that's not forbidden is allowed. If it becomes forbidden in the future allow me to edit this. Note also that the form of multiboxing that is currently allowed is one which doesn't give any benefits to your main character directly. However, indirectly your main character still gains benefits of not having to be in a certain place to a) browse AH or b) scout for world bosses. Not having to be in these places mean that you may spend your time on other things like farming gold or honor etc. that you couldn't otherwise be spending your time doing and therefore you gain benefits you otherwise wouldn't have gotten. This form of multiboxing is allowed.

 

Things get a little complicated now.

10 hours ago, Darkrasp said:

If your behavior could be interpreted as "controlling multiple characters simultaneously", then you will be in violation of the rules and risk summary banning and/or deletion of both involved accounts. 

Up to you whether or not you want to try, I suppose.

This is a very misleading post as it says something completely different than the previous post. Possibly unintended. As stated before any behavior that is interpreted as "controlling multiple characters simultaneously" is multiboxing. Note that some forms of multiboxing were allowed in the previous post. In this post it's called "violation of the rules" and you "risk summary banning and/or deletion of both involved accounts".

I suggest you make up your mind if a) multiboxing is forbidden entirely (as in your last post) or b) some sorts of multiboxing are allowed (as in your first post). Furthermore (slightly off-topic) I suggest you don't delete accounts since some bans will be wrong and therefore will have to be rolled back. And lastly I have to say that it's really important to be clear on this matter as it has to be clear for everyone what is forbidden and what is allowed. We can't have random bans occurring just because the rules are unclear.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's either a lot of confusion here or I'm the one confused :P

  • Firstly I think the reference to parking an alt (on the same account) on AH or at a world boss spawn point was and is common practice and does not constitute multi-boxing. You have to /camp your main account to log onto either alt to check if boss is up instead of traveling there, but that's still playing your account normally, one character at a time.
  • Secondly what form of multiboxing is there that is not multi-accounting, I don't get the distinction.. I seem to recall that WoW used to log you out of your account if you tried to log-in a second instance from the same or a different machine, is that no longer the case? Even if it isn't, isn't that exceedingly simple to catch on the auth server side?
  • Thirdly if we've established that multi-boxing is for the most part the same as multi-accounting with the addition of playing those multiple accounts at the same time, we get to the meat of things.

As shown in this post and the page following, there are a lot of legitimate reasons why a 1 - 1 relation between account and external IP is not always feasible.

  • Lots of regions have dynamic IP allocation (that changes randomly) for home consumers.
  • Lots of homes / campuses etc have subnets with different local IPs behind a hub / router / modem that shows as a single IP to the server externally.

The first one makes it hard to lock accounts to IPs, the second one makes it hard to outright ban simultaneous play of different accounts from the same external IP.

Specifically about the second case, the mods have said that they aim to allow 2 or 3 accounts from same IP to connect without issue as a compromise that allows legitimate use.

Some limited multi-boxing might slip through as a consequence before we take into account any client-side measures (like warden checking for multiple wow.exe processes on the same machine for example)

 

In any case I'm sure what most people worry about when it comes to multi-boxing (multi-accounting simultaneously by one player) is this king of gameplay:

 

 

Or the equivalents in resource hunting etc.

As well as the very real problem of one person taking up more than their share of server space if login queues or population issues ever become a thing.

This is also the kind of multi-boxing that would be easily noticeable, reportable and pretty sure also easily verifiable by GMs.

 

Now if you're asking about 100% enforcement, I personally don't think that's possible without punishing legitimate players.

Edited by Roadblock
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Brain said:

Thanks for stating the obvious. How about a comment on the multiaccounting part of the discussion? You think the community will be able to prevent multiaccounting?

 

Is this like a Crestfall forums thing, where people comment on every topic just to farm up their "reputation" and "posts" count? Just simply repeating themselves or sharing their opinion even though their opinion doesnt add anything to the topic whatsoever. How about people comment on the multiaccounting part of the discussion and actually contribute? Pretty sure the staff has already said multiple times that multiboxing will not be allowed. Anyways...

 

Oh I'm sorry. I wasn't aware that I had to make a comment about multiaccounting on the multiboxing thread, my bad.

I stupidly thought I could raise the issue on how the community might deal with multiboxing and my own perspective on it, seeing as no-one has (to my knowledge) raised this issue before.

I'm not qualified to make a comment on prevention of multiaccounting other than; people who raise the suspicion of illegal activity can alert the GM's who, by investigating further can confirm that multiaccounting is taking place and take the necessary actions. Is this a good thing for the community? That's for the community to decide.

As for your second point, I advocated turning off the entire reputation system at the start of this process mostly on the basis of previous experiences in +repping and -repping forums. I was informed the -repping was not going to be made functional therefore the system stands as is. Not many people take the +repping seriously, in fact some of us have gone out of the way to make a mockery out of it. 

If you feel the system is being abused please raise the issue with the mods.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brain said:

Another comment that doesnt add anything to the topic.

That comment was to concur with what Odysseu said :P

Is this like a Crestfall forums thing, where people make wild, illogical and unreasonable assumptions about others because of a comment they made? How about people don't say anything at all without getting some information first?

On a serious note, I'm happy that the developers are forbidding multi-boxing since it can bring many negative impacts to the game. Regarding multi-accounting, I would go with the idea of forbidding it as well since it would bring too much trouble and extra work for staff members/moderators having to handle reports, like Brain said.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Roadblock said:

There's either a lot of confusion here or I'm the one confused :P

  • Firstly I think the reference to parking an alt (on the same account) on AH or at a world boss spawn point was and is common practice and does not constitute multi-boxing. You have to /camp your main account to log onto either alt to check if boss is up instead of traveling there, but that's still playing your account normally, one character at a time.
  • Secondly what form of multiboxing is there that is not multi-accounting, I don't get the distinction.. I seem to recall that WoW used to log you out of your account if you tried to log-in a second instance from the same or a different machine, is that no longer the case? Even if it isn't, isn't that exceedingly simple to catch on the auth server side?
  • Thirdly if we've established that multi-boxing is for the most part the same as multi-accounting with the addition of playing those multiple accounts at the same time, we get to the meat of things.

As shown in this post and the page following, there are a lot of legitimate reasons why a 1 - 1 relation between account and external IP is not always feasible.

  • Lots of regions have dynamic IP allocation (that changes randomly) for home consumers.
  • Lots of homes / campuses etc have subnets with different local IPs behind a hub / router / modem that shows as a single IP to the server externally.

The first one makes it hard to lock accounts to IPs, the second one makes it hard to outright ban simultaneous play of different accounts from the same external IP.

Specifically about the second case, the mods have said that they aim to allow 2 or 3 accounts from same IP to connect without issue as a compromise that allows legitimate use.

Some limited multi-boxing might slip through as a consequence before we take into account any client-side measures (like warden checking for multiple wow.exe processes on the same machine for example)

 

In any case I'm sure what most people worry about when it comes to multi-boxing (multi-accounting simultaneously by one player) is this king of gameplay:

 

 

Or the equivalents in resource hunting etc.

As well as the very real problem of one person taking up more than their share of server space if login queues or population issues ever become a thing.

This is also the kind of multi-boxing that would be easily noticeable, reportable and pretty sure also easily verifiable by GMs.

 

Now if you're asking about 100% enforcement, I personally don't think that's possible without punishing legitimate players.

 

Obviosly there is NO form of multi-boxing that it's not multi-accounting. And imho, there is NO form of multi-accounting that it's not multi-boxing.

Many people here (I could say non-coherent people) are badly hating versus multi-boxing, while going silent on the multi-accounting issues. That's the real problem.

It's also obvious that we have established that multi-boxing is for the most part the same as multi-accounting with the addition of playing those multiple accounts at the same time (using keycloning-software or not). Some may object that when you don't use a keycloning-software, you are just multi-accounting.

 

About "dynamic IP address" you are wrong. That won't stop anyone from playing a 1account/1IP setting.

Only the 2nd part you mentioned is true...so when you're using a router you and all your brothers (fake or not) will share the same external IP. That' sprobably the reason why they wanna go for 2account/1IP, like you said

Sadly, this is easily exploitable and doesn't account for the "large" families (How are me and my two brothers supposed to play together? We need 3account/1IP....because yes, I live with my two brothers [fake or not]).

 

Now, on the last part of your post, the one showing multiple characters in PvP (and these are using keycloning softwares, easily detectable I may say), that for sure should be prohibited, but keep in mind that you wouldn't see hundreds playing like that. Only a bunch would do and they could be very easily reported if/when they PvP (providing simple combatlog screenshots showing these multiple characters attacking you).

 

I would also like to comment about "As well as the very real problem of one person taking up more than their share of server space if login queues or population issues ever become a thing."

Here you're perfectly right, but keep in mind that this is true for BOTH multi-boxing and multi-accounting.

 

 

EDIT:

My stance on this subject is simple:  To avoid any kind of mis-behaviour a STRICT 1account/1IP rule should be enforced.

If 2(more)account/1IP will be the chosen rule, I would NOT add ANY other un-enforceable rule (like most of the suggested rules on these threads).

Edited by mrmr
Added my stance on the matter, for clarity.
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Frost said:

This is a very misleading post as it says something completely different than the previous post. Possibly unintended. As stated before any behavior that is interpreted as "controlling multiple characters simultaneously" is multiboxing. Note that some forms of multiboxing were allowed in the previous post. In this post it's called "violation of the rules" and you "risk summary banning and/or deletion of both involved accounts".

I suggest you make up your mind if a) multiboxing is forbidden entirely (as in your last post) or b) some sorts of multiboxing are allowed (as in your first post). Furthermore (slightly off-topic) I suggest you don't delete accounts since some bans will be wrong and therefore will have to be rolled back. And lastly I have to say that it's really important to be clear on this matter as it has to be clear for everyone what is forbidden and what is allowed. We can't have random bans occurring just because the rules are unclear.

If you read the previous posts, I gave my personal opinion, but said that I would talk to the boss.  The boss clarified our position, that multiboxing is not allowed, and multiaccounting is still under consideration.

Controlling multiple characters simultaneously from one device is not allowed, at all.  If you're caught using 3rd party software to dual-account farm or level, we'll ban both accounts.  As far as using one account to play the AH or scout while you're doing something else on another account, that's being decided on internally.  We don't particularly want it, but preventing it without harming legitimate users is a technical challenge we are still addressing.

An IP limit on accounts is one of the countermeasures we are still considering.  While there are Dynamic IPs etc., we can simply have the login server refuse multiple connections from the same IP if that's the way we choose to go.

In terms of detecting whether an account is being run by the same computer or by a spouse in another room, that's admittedly tricky.  We have some things in mind, and we reserve the right to take any action necessary if we determine that the behavior is causing problems with queue times or the server economy in general.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Darkrasp said:

If you read the previous posts, I gave my personal opinion, but said that I would talk to the boss.

I did. I don't wanna come of as rude, but seeing as you represent the staff it's kinda obvious to assume that you are not expressing your personal opinion (which no one asked for btw) but instead the staffs stance on this.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, imbaslap said:

rip 2 players in 1 household.

And to me, this is where the community comes into being.

So rule #1 Multiboxing/Multiaccounts banned for levelling/farming

Rule #2 we allow Multiaccounts in relation to different users in the same household or static second accounts for the AH or scouting from the same player

How do we police this?

In addition to the GM's we rely on the community to report suspicious activity. Anyone found violating rule #1 will be banned permanently.

To me , this is democracy in action. If the community really despises multiboxing/multiaccounts then they will weed it out.

If the community is meh, then a certain percentage will persist and prosper. In the end, you get the server you deserve.

6 minutes ago, Frost said:

I did. I don't wanna come of as rude, but seeing as you represent the staff it's kinda obvious to assume that you are not expressing your personal opinion (which no one asked for btw) but instead the staffs stance on this.

I think it's fair to point out that most of the devs/GM's/admin will want to play too. So a personal opinion is perfectly acceptable if it's stated as being a personal opinion. 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/20/2016 at 1:41 PM, Darkrasp said:

I'll clarify this with Asura and update the FAQ according to his decision.

 

On 8/20/2016 at 3:16 PM, Darkrasp said:

As far as using multiple accounts simultaneously for AH/scouting, that's still under consideration.

I don't see what's ambiguous about that.  I've stated on here in many posts that all final decisions rest with Asura.  Asura asks for my input, I give it.  Players ask for my imput, I give it.   But I don't make the last call on anything.

My forum involvement is simply a matter of me wishing to keep the community informed about the development process, and try to do so in an interesting and engaging way.  Sometimes that means interjecting personal opinions and anecdotes.  I apologize if I was unclear and I will strive to keep my communication more coherent.

Edited by Darkrasp
spelling
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0