Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shoraine

Randomness of spawns

Got a question about the randomness of mob spawns for certain mob families/areas - not sure how best to describe this, so here's an example: I remember killing Defias Looters and Pillagers in Moonbrook. When I killed a Looter, for instance, a Pillager or a Looter could respawn in that spot.

On every private server I've played on so far I noticed that this randomness is non-existent. A Defias Looter will always respawn as a Looter, a Pillager as a Pillager.

Am I even remembering this right? If so, is it something that can be fixed for Crestfall?

Sorry if this has already been discussed; I couldn't find a pertinent thread.

Posted (edited)

Good question. I also don't remeber exactly how it worked back then, but I also recall some randomness in that matter.

Edited by Macu

IIRC, there were both random and static spawns. Especially areas like Darkshore/Ashenvale where there are a lot of wandering animals, most of those were random which is why on the quests to kill the matriarchs you have to literally kill everything you see until they spawn. However, some places were static, like the transition between the two aforementioned zones. In northern Ashenvale, if you kill the stags, only more stags spawn in that area. On the path into BFD, the casters and melee mobs were pretty random. I didn't play much in Goldshire on vanilla, but I do think you are correct there. Same thing in Arathi Highlands, there's a quest to kill x number of a specific type of syndicate, and they shared spawns with a few different mobs nearby, but not all of the spawn points were shared. But I could just be talking out of my butt and be completely mistaken.

This change would be so great, it would affect the gameplay experience heavily in my opinion.... Just think about it, people dont camp a spot anymore where 5 of the same spawn, but rather kill those who he doesnt need for quest because it has a chance to spawn what he needs.