Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Homu

let's face it: we need a good tbc server, not vanilla

57 posts in this topic

Everyone has played enough of vanilla on nost/elysium.

Elysium population is going down dramatically with every week. 

People just realize that they fall into "vanilla is good" meme.

bait thread

only 1 post by this account

hmmmm

elysium's population is going down because the server sucks and this server is looking to replace is after its release

There's some truth to this. Having yet another MaNGOS scripted vanilla core wouldn't offer anything that hasn't been already offered in the last 3-4 years.

The only differences being population size, bug fixes being applied, scripting - particularly of raids, trustworthiness and community interaction.

So just as well we're offering a unique experience.

You'll be able to choose a PvE or PvP realm and replicate entirely the original WoW experience, starting with vanilla and progressively moving through TBC, WotLK and potentially beyond.

If you just want the TBC experience, then Legacy Crusade will fulfill this using the same core as Crestfall.

This has been the goal for well over a year at this stage, we make no excuses for taking our time to ensure we give our players the best experience possible. 

we havent had a normal vanilla experience at all

Make one then.

As for us, all in due time.

Posted (edited)

Vanilla is my favorite version. TBC has some nice stuff, but flying mounts ruin it for me. I've been playing Vanilla for many years, and I never tire of it.

Besides that, I don't classify Crestfall as just another Vanilla server. I think we'll see a new standard of quality set.

Edited by Hunter4Life

55 minutes ago, Hunter4Life said:

Vanilla is my favorite version. TBC has some nice stuff, but flying mounts ruin it for me. I've been playing Vanilla for many years, and I never tire of it.

Besides that, I don't classify Crestfall as just another Vanilla server. I think we'll see a new standard of quality set.

Whats your fav class in Vanilla ?

16 minutes ago, dailybs said:

Whats your fav class in Vanilla ?

I will never tell! I'm a very mysterious person. xD

Creating a forum account just to make a troll topic. Nice try bro.

I prefer TBC because I can actually play specs I enjoy, which sadly suck balls in vanilla. I'm fine with playing through to eventually get there though.

I'd love to find a good quality project that provides vanilla with tbc races/specs/fixes/whatever scaled to 60, would be a treat.

6 hours ago, Homu said:

Everyone has played enough of vanilla on nost/elysium.

Elysium population is going down dramatically with every week. 

People just realize that they fall into "vanilla is good" meme.

The problem about vanilla servers nowadays its not about being too many of them but the quality in them and players doing sketchy stuff.
We need a legit server with legit staff for vanilla to shine

I've never played TBC and my highest level in Vanilla was 27, so I can't really tell which one is better.

So let's start from the beginning, shall we?

Posted (edited)

The truth is, to have a truly excellent TBC experience, you first need to start at Vanilla.

Edited by Pvt_8Ball

Don't tell me what I need!

I think that CF has missed the big wave of hype for vanilla servers, but I think the progression through expansions experience will be a major draw.

1 hour ago, Calfuron said:

I think that CF has missed the big wave of hype for vanilla servers, but I think the progression through expansions experience will be a major draw.

There are still plenty of new people joining the private server scene everyday. To assume that there is a stagnant pool of players to draw from, and that they're all tired of Vanilla, is silly.

I've leveled to 60 on 4 private vanilla servers, each with horribly corrupt GM's that ruined the server. 

A server with honest staff will be unlike anything the private community has experienced. That alone will guarantee a highly successful server. 

I have high hopes for this server but I know it will be fools gold if the GM's let grizzly/zzuk/whitekidney roll here and hack exploit and dupe the server to death. 

It is without a doubt something that people are witnessing with Elysium. Yes, the numbers are there to show that while the population is slowly falling in a rather steady clip, let's not forget that people have different reasons for jumping off of the ship, at least for now. Eventually, a life raft will bring them back aboard.

While not much information can be divulged by myself, I will say that as @Outstanding mentioned, having a true progression from vanilla to TBC and so forth will draw people here, no questions asked. In addition to the fact that the beta team and staff are working closely with one another, we're hoping to bring not just a fantastic vanilla experience, but an experience that will also help to strengthen the community that's being formed here. 

To add to that, I absolutely hated TBC when it first came out, because I was so in love with vanilla. But after a short while, I became obsessed with TBC to the point that I got a Netherwing Drake in less than two weeks from camping Netherwing Egg spawn points and doing every single daily/quest that I could finish, hah! I was ecstatic when I flew for the first time...

But all of that aside, when information is deemed appropriate and the like to be spoken of, do know that it will be given. =) 

10 hours ago, Ssaya said:

I've leveled to 60 on 4 private vanilla servers, each with horribly corrupt GM's that ruined the server. 

A server with honest staff will be unlike anything the private community has experienced. That alone will guarantee a highly successful server. 

I have high hopes for this server but I know it will be fools gold if the GM's let grizzly/zzuk/whitekidney roll here and hack exploit and dupe the server to death. 

Well, just look at Kronos then. Their staff is awesome, things are managed in a professional (and what counts more, transparent) fashion, their site and bugtracker are the best I've seen in the whole private scene, their core is probably the most polished and refined currently around, and yet they aren't the most populated realm. How would you explain that? There's always the typical herd mentality of the private playerbase to take into account, the average player prefers dying to a warlock's unbreakable fear in a Tanaris desert as crowded as Times Square, than playing where things work as they should but it's not clogged with people.

12 hours ago, Ssaya said:

The whitekidney thing is definitely off-putting. Not to beat a dead horse, but I hope they don't believe he's "helping" for any other reason than to gain inside knowledge on ways to exploit and manipulate the server for fiscal gain; methods that he can and cannot use.

With that being said, one asshole with his unkempt, dorrito dust-covered claws sunk into the servers economy probably won't ruin it... It's the principle behind the corruption. It's the distorted psychology that comes with such perpetual, machiavellian tendencies. It's the stark contrast in intent, when compared to the rest of the staff. Any reformation or benevolence will always be precluded by avarice, and don't think for a second that he won't stick a knife in your back or damn an entire server's population for his own gain, no matter how much he's "proven" himself.

It's all part of the long con.