Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Homu

let's face it: we need a good tbc server, not vanilla

57 posts in this topic
2 hours ago, Aurigon said:

Well, just look at Kronos then. Their staff is awesome, things are managed in a professional (and what counts more, transparent) fashion, their site and bugtracker are the best I've seen in the whole private scene, their core is probably the most polished and refined currently around, and yet they aren't the most populated realm. How would you explain that? There's always the typical herd mentality of the private playerbase to take into account, the average player prefers dying to a warlock's unbreakable fear in a Tanaris desert as crowded as Times Square, than playing where things work as they should but it's not clogged with people.

It's quite simple. Kronos is just a funserver with severly nerfed content presenting no challenge. Humans on kodos, character shop, nobody wants such a shit. Also scripts, pathfinding were far from perfect as I recall.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Macu said:

It's quite simple. Kronos is just a funserver with severly nerfed content presenting no challenge. Humans on kodos, character shop, nobody wants such a shit. Also scripts, pathfinding were far from perfect as I recall.

kronos doesnt have nerfed content, it's just the "retail" versions of the content with HP and Damage values. also keep in mind blizzard loved to forget about old content when putting in new things and fixes.

MC/Ony/BWL/even AQ sort of got left in the dust when all the class buffs and changes came about throughout vanilla. where as, the content didnt get anything buffed. more so small nerfs and fixes.

 

why people think kronos is nerfed befuddles me. they are just utilizing the latest patch of the game when everything is basically done (before TBC prepatch).

they just need to tune things up to 1.12.1 to counter all the class buffs and items added. do that, and you'll experience a different game. (non blizzlike).

 

there's no way to please everyone.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Macu said:

It's quite simple. Kronos is just a funserver with severly nerfed content presenting no challenge. Humans on kodos, character shop, nobody wants such a shit. Also scripts, pathfinding were far from perfect as I recall.

I've been in the private scene for 5 years and, to be honest, this is the first time I've ever heard Kronos being called a "funserver" by anyone. They actually had things working that I never saw on either ED nor Nostalrius (I tested them personally to believe it), they even scripted content that no one on any other project could, like mini-events and quests utterly broken elsewhere, and even gameplay things that Blizzard itself had no time to finish, like fully working LoS in the open world (how is that a nerf? It makes PvP more difficult if anything). As for the character shop, they just chose to take advantage of something that has always existed during retail, and even more so in the private scene, believe it or not. True, cross-faction mounts were a pain to see to me as well, still far from being game-breaking (not like you saw them around every corner either). It's widely known that Kronos didn't have the success it deserved just because Nost launched first (and did so with endgame content that was a laughable and awkward bugfest), that's pretty much the whole story.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What brought most of the ppl to Nost was the pre-nerf agenda imo. Kronos released with 1.12.1 itemisation and nerfed content even if it was nerfed "blizzlike" along with the patch progression. ZG on Nost and Kronos were 2 entirely different instances in terms of difficulty. Rep gained from quests was hillarious, you could get exalted around lvl 50 or earlier doing quests. I think that what discourages players from staying on server is lack of challenging content, I for excemple quited retail wow after first Cataclysm patch that nerfed pretty much everything to the ground. The game was just too easy and in consequence - boring.

I don't know much about the current state of Kronos but I played it a year ago and there was a ton of bugs there. At launch many players rolled Kronos and they were dissapointed and came back to Nost. 

Nost was not the best server in the world but Kronos was a far worse experience for me. Dunno what is the official definition of a "funserver" but it certainly felt that way.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Hunter4Life said:

 

There are still plenty of new people joining the private server scene everyday. To assume that there is a stagnant pool of players to draw from, and that they're all tired of Vanilla, is silly.

While I have no statistics on the number of new people joining the private server scene over any period of time, I assume that any new people would be influenced by the current private server scene. And from my limited perspective, it appears that there were few vanilla servers then a bunch flooded the scene and now people are getting excited about TBC and WotLK (again). I'm not a prophet and won't attempt to predict what the scene will want in x months when CF launches.

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bluemoon said:

The whitekidney thing is definitely off-putting. Not to beat a dead horse, but I hope they don't believe he's "helping" for any other reason than to gain inside knowledge on ways to exploit and manipulate the server for fiscal gain; methods that he can and cannot use.

It's all part of the long con.

Hey just because he has made financial gain off exploiting and hacking private servers for a friggin decade doesn't mean he will do it on this one.... ;)

Also Kronos has lower numbers simply because nost came out first. I think it goes to show how healthy the vanilla community is that two servers were overwhelmed at start with how many people wanted to play. With how blizzard handled nost and blizzcon I guarantee CF will catch a huge wave of retail players plus the vanilla veterans.  The progression to TBC will bring even more. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

9 hours ago, Macu said:

What brought most of the ppl to Nost was the pre-nerf agenda imo. Kronos released with 1.12.1 itemisation and nerfed content even if it was nerfed "blizzlike" along with the patch progression. ZG on Nost and Kronos were 2 entirely different instances in terms of difficulty. Rep gained from quests was hillarious, you could get exalted around lvl 50 or earlier doing quests. I think that what discourages players from staying on server is lack of challenging content, I for excemple quited retail wow after first Cataclysm patch that nerfed pretty much everything to the ground. The game was just too easy and in consequence - boring.

I don't know much about the current state of Kronos but I played it a year ago and there was a ton of bugs there. At launch many players rolled Kronos and they were dissapointed and came back to Nost. 

Nost was not the best server in the world but Kronos was a far worse experience for me. Dunno what is the official definition of a "funserver" but it certainly felt that way.

thats because nost boosted all the trash HP in ZG by 30% same with world bosses and ZG bosses.

MC as well.

BWL wasnt touched on Nost HP wise.

Nost felt better because the HP values were flat increased by a %. you can do the math yourself and take nost values and compare to retail values. its literally 30%/15%/5% boosted.

 

Nost did the patch item regression thing which grabbed most player's attention as it was a new experience compared to the "run of the mill" 1.12.1 servers. also the changes to pack more people into 1 server reaching 10k+ people.

Edited by imbaslap
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

11 hours ago, imbaslap said:

thats because nost boosted all the trash HP in ZG by 30% same with world bosses and ZG bosses.

MC as well.

BWL wasnt touched on Nost HP wise.

Nost felt better because the HP values were flat increased by a %. you can do the math yourself and take nost values and compare to retail values. its literally 30%/15%/5% boosted.

 

Nost did the patch item regression thing which grabbed most player's attention as it was a new experience compared to the "run of the mill" 1.12.1 servers. also the changes to pack more people into 1 server reaching 10k+ people.

As I recall the bosses in Zg also hit harder on nost, the Bat and Panther aspects especially, Mandokir leveled after killing only one player etc. It was not only an HP buff.
That's why I'm not for the 100% blizzlike server if it means bugs, exploits and easy content and that's why I'm so interested in this project, they have a potential to even improve vanilla and maybe future expansions. I totally don't agree that Kronos had worse population cos it launched too late. there was a huge influx of players there, after Nost closed and for some reason, they didn't decide to stay.

Edited by Macu
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You'll get Crestfall TBC in 2019, all is well.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Uh, yeah.  I haven't exactly had my vanilla itch scratched by Elysium.  It was like trying to itch myself with brambles.  As much irritation as relief.  Speaking for yourself, OP.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only way to get a good TBC server with balanced factions is to progress from Vanilla to TBC.

Any server that starts fresh and attracts a population rolling characters based specifically around the TBC end game will end up ruined with a disproportionate Horde:Alliance ratio, ending with a dead realm, especially on PvP servers.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So you want a PTE realm only for tbc and(into) wotlk? 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Elicas said:

The only way to get a good TBC server with balanced factions is to progress from Vanilla to TBC.

Any server that starts fresh and attracts a population rolling characters based specifically around the TBC end game will end up ruined with a disproportionate Horde:Alliance ratio, ending with a dead realm, especially on PvP servers.

Why exactly do people roll more horde than alliance during TBC? Racials? Belf paladins?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Lilaina said:

Why exactly do people roll more horde than alliance during TBC? Racials? Belf paladins?

Multiple reasons.

  1. Racials.
  2. Belf Paladins getting Seal of Blood. The only way to be competitive dps as a Paladin in TBC is to roll Horde.
  3. You no longer have the disadvantage of Orgri/TB/UC being miles away from all the raids, since Shatt is equal for both factions.

Last TBC launch I watched was PlayTBC, where around 90% of the Paladins created were Horde side. They're a very popular class. If the majority of Paladin players have already rolled Alliance during Vanilla, then the pops drastically balance themselves out.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Elicas this raises a lot of interesting issues for me. Let's open this up a bit this evening when stupid work stops getting in the way.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Elicas said:

Multiple reasons.

  1. Racials.
  2. Belf Paladins getting Seal of Blood. The only way to be competitive dps as a Paladin in TBC is to roll Horde.
  3. You no longer have the disadvantage of Orgri/TB/UC being miles away from all the raids, since Shatt is equal for both factions.

Last TBC launch I watched was PlayTBC, where around 90% of the Paladins created were Horde side. They're a very popular class. If the majority of Paladin players have already rolled Alliance during Vanilla, then the pops drastically balance themselves out.

I disagree on 1 and 2

First of all Horde racials are kinda equal with Alliance's.

Sure, undead rogues get WotF, but gnome warriors get Escape Artist (with even a shorter CD). Orcs have stun-resist, humans get perception and dworfs stoneform.

 

About SoB, I'm not that sure that it's much better than the Alliance counterpart. Why? Because during retail SoB was OP while SealTwisting.

As a ret Paladin you're going to dps with SoC, no matter what...then if you can SealTwist, sure, SoB > SoV, but SealTwisting won't be possible in here (isn't it?)

 

Also, why even bring up PlayTBC? It lasted maybe 1h and it was insta-70 (?)

Edited by mrmr
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, mrmr said:

Sure, undead rogues get WotF, but gnome warriors get Escape Artist (with even a shorter CD). Orcs have stun-resist, humans get perception and dworfs stoneform.

 

This is all the noteworthy TBC racials:

Horde:

  1. Blood Fury (Orc)
  2. Hardiness (Orc)
  3. Axe Specialization (Orc)
  4. War Stomp (Tauren)
  5. Berserking (Troll)
  6. Bow/Throwing Specialization (Troll)
  7. Will of the Forsaken (Undead)
  8. Cannibalize (Undead)
  9. Arcane Torrent (Gaylf)

Alliance:

  1. Stoneform (Dwarf)
  2. Gun Specialization (Dwarf)
  3. Escape Artist (Gnome)
  4. Perception (Human)
  5. Sword Specialization (Human)
  6. Mace Specialization (Human)
  7. Shadowmeld (Night Elf)
  8. Gift of the Naaru (Draenei) 
To me the Horde racials looks stronger as well, especially due to the offensive CD racials which are very strong.
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Orc warrior BF burstiness looks unequalled from what ive read about arena and how the fights and general tactics go down there.

same goes for wotf, there doesn't seem to be an Alliance racial that can be considered -alot- better.

taking into account that i've only read on tbc pvp in this guide and havent actually played the expansion(pvp wise, did some 5-man shit on archangel way back).

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aren't those the same racials that exist in vanilla as well? Like bloodfury, will of the forsaken, warstomp. Shouldn't horde be more popular during vanilla as well if majority of players are such try-hards that they choose the lamer faction based on those.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Lilaina said:

Aren't those the same racials that exist in vanilla as well? Like bloodfury, will of the forsaken, warstomp. Shouldn't horde be more popular during vanilla as well if majority of players are such try-hards that they choose the lamer faction based on those.

PALADINS being faction specific, dwarf priests (fear ward the most ridiculous 'racial' in the game), desperate prayer on human(lol) and dwarf priests too.

 

Vanilla doesn't have arena either, the pvp (and pvp 'progression' aka gear) is based on battleground premades and world pvp.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

25 minutes ago, Lilaina said:

Aren't those the same racials that exist in vanilla as well? Like bloodfury, will of the forsaken, warstomp. Shouldn't horde be more popular during vanilla as well if majority of players are such try-hards that they choose the lamer faction based on those.

Yes, the racials are mostly the same. There are some changes, for example the orc racial which got better in tbc i think. I think the main reason for the higher number of alliance players in pve is the fact, that paladins weren't available for horde until tbc. Paladins are just awesome with their blessings and unstopable flash of light spam. In my opinion they are just superior to shamans in vanilla (just my thoughts)

ps: @Ciar was faster ;)

Edited by Mogri
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want TBC, but I'll wait until Crestfall get there with PTE. I don't want to re-roll on yet another server and have it disappear after a couple of weeks. I agree that playing through Vanilla will help with the faction balance issues, although I'll re-roll Belf when TBC does launch.

Currently I'm playing on Elysium until Crestfall launches. I tried Hellground and thought it was pretty good until it got shut down. I thought about trying HellFire [L4G], but if I keep jumping servers, I'll never get any characters leveled. I tend to play a lot of alts and slowly meander toward endgame as it is.

I have no problem with Elysium. I ignore all the drama and just play the game for the most part. That's what I'm here for. I have high expectations for Crestfall, and look forward to it. Until then, I'll probably be leveling on Elysium.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I'm currently playing life, it hasn't paid out yet, have expectations.

Edited by dailybs
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, dailybs said:

I'm currently playing life, it hasn't paid out yet, have expectations.

Also playing life. No wipes yet thankfully.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My PC doesn't run RL, graphics are too taxing.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0