Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Outstanding

Video Option: Q&A with the devs

38 posts in this topic

Website when?

;)

Did you or did you not shoot the sheriff? 

Do we have a 100% decision on the database website for our dear server?
If yes, when will that occur? any E.T.A ?

What technical options are we going to have to make donations and how are you going to discern a donation to the PvE server from a donation to the PvP server?

Were you guys able to fix that common bug where an ally's pet appears enemy-red? As well as instances where friendly guards have the same issue?

Will the number of spawns, the respawn times as well as spawn locations of Devilsaurs be modified in any way to make group camping more difficult?

You've said that you're gonna release raids a bit more difficult then on retail and then nerf them. Will you nerf the content to the retail release state or nerf it further just like Blizzard did?(hope not)

Posted (edited)

Will there be dynamic spawn rates for mobs, quest items, resource nodes?

Edited by Hunter4Life

Posted (edited)

It's a good move, putting your feelers out to see what sort of questions people are interested in. Q/As are great in my opinion, a fairly effective use of dev time, compared to just responding to random forum posts, etc.

Anyway, my question would be this: Do you ever see Crestfall opening servers for other games in the future, nothing too crazy, just stuff like Community TF2 and minecraft servers, etc?

Edited by Pvt_8Ball

Assuming the servers reach full capacity at launch, will donors be allowed to bypass the login queue?

Will you keep working on CF if Blizzard releases their own legacy servers (and they don't suck)?

I don't recall where but these questions where alredy answered:

14 hours ago, Svensson said:

Will the number of spawns, the respawn times as well as spawn locations of Devilsaurs be modified in any way to make group camping more difficult?

Yes, they were working on this for diffrrent resources among Devilsaur.

3 hours ago, Lilaina said:

Will you keep working on CF if Blizzard releases their own legacy servers (and they don't suck)?

Yes, Asura spoke about this and ensured that he doesn't care about what Blizzard does in the future

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, HarTstaRx said:

I don't recall where but these questions where alredy answered:

Yes, they were working on this for diffrrent resources among Devilsaur.

I'm curious about Devilsaurs specifically considering it's a hot topic on Elysium. So far this has been the only response which outlines what could *potentially* be implemented whereas I'd like clarification on what changes the team has already decided to implement.

Edited by Svensson

How much wood can a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?

I remember this being talked about during the last Q&A and around on the forums but will we be able to play with more than two people on the same IP without getting flagged for multiboxing? My girlfriend and I were planning on playing together and are moving into our own apartment soon and would share the same IP. Also, a few friends and my brother might be giving CF a shot and would want to bring their rigs overs for a little all night gaming. Would this be possible?

Regardless of what the decision is I am still super excited about CF and will be playing day and night as soon as I can :D

Also, a big thank you to all the devs, mods, testers, and everyone in-between!

If the Venture Company cuts down a tree in the forest. And there are no Druids around to hear it, does it make a noise?

Given the long time it is taking to release vanilla WoW, how do you plan to keep a blizz-like release schedule for future expansions? To clarify, since I imagine you will want to play the WoW that you built as well, why won't WoTLK and future expansions not take many years each to develop? (I leave out TBC since you've already been working on that one)

Will the old discord, and the old ways (lel) come back one day? Being able to discuss with both testers, project owners, and potential players, was so good : probably the most fun i've had on discord.

I supported your decision (actually, i was amongst the ones who suggested to do that, temporarily), but i still wonder if you'll go back to communicating "casually" with us, or if you feel like you have the obligation to remain discreet from now on because of the hype that surrounds the project.

Thank you very much, take care guys.

I think it's kind of obvious now that we're almost in may, but q2 is no longer a possibility for release right? What about early Q3? Still a thing? It would be really nice to be able to play in july/august.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, malazatum said:

I think it's kind of obvious now that we're almost in may, but q2 is no longer a possibility for release right? What about early Q3? Still a thing? It would be really nice to be able to play in july/august.

The question is: Q3 of 2017 or Q3 of 2030?

Edited by duzyizly