Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Darkrasp

Darkrasp's Update 4/3/2017

37 posts in this topic

As always, very much appreciate the updates. Great to hear that everything is screaming along full speed like a mag-rail. I don't really care about the promo stuff being done if it means the core is ready earlier. I think things will take off as soon as the servers are opened.

As usual, thanks for the hard work, and the fine reading material.

P.S. Any chance we can get a brief update on where class testing is overall?

Edited by Pvt_8Ball

Accurate representation of the bug tracker right now:

hype thrusters.gif

Sounds like you're really working your asses off, which is great to hear and I think I can speak for everyone when I say that we appreciate it very much, so thanks again. It's awesome that even the little stuff gets the necessary attention, if you keep going like that I won't be able to contain my excitement in the next few months. :D

I just made my forum account a few days ago, but have being visiting anonymously for a long time. Keep going with the good work, you guys are awesome. Like a lot of people, I really appreciate what is happening here with these updates and all. My best thoughts to all of you volunteers.

The hype is real again.

Edited by Urutau

Looking good! Keep it going you are probably my last hope at re-uniting with a couple of really good friends in the world of vanilla.:)

I am sure i'm not the only one who enjoys reading your updates. As well as seeing the progress being made.  So thank you to everyone who is helping to push this into reality.

I know you added a bunch of beta testers. Are you still focusing on certain classes or do you have all nine classes being worked on?

All hail King Elicas, Reporter of Bugs.

also I'm afraid to ponder the punishments of this system.

implemented an extremely draconian server-side anti-cheat  ...

1 hour ago, Darkrasp said:

Including fishing.

Nice to know that fishing is being looked into. Though if there were one non-Blizz like thing on CF that I wouldn't mind, it'd literally be fishing to not be such a pain in the ass as it was in retail. 

Either way, thanks for the update. Lookin forward to open beta, yadda yadda

Thanks a bunch for the update! ^_^

One thing I've always been wondering myself, although some could find it a minor aspect... do you also plan to fix and script features that aren't strictly needed for the gameplay, yet they provide a big deal of immersion and let the most choosy players appreciate how polished a core is? I'm talking about ingame mini-events and all those things retail was littered with that would 'bring the world to life', so to speak, and used to trigger when completing certain quests (e.g. Ammo for Rumbleshot or Operation Recombobulation, just to name a couple I can think of right now from an Alliance starting zone).

Long story short, what level of polish should we expect when the realm opens?

My own personal thought about this is practicality through compromise: focusing too much on fixing and scripting everything might delay development and release date, while bugs and non-scripted content could make people believe things were rushed and done with carelessness... even minor things, to a picky player. So a key strategy to success suggests focus should be where most of the population will end up concentrating, that is endgame areas and starting zones alike. Endgame is a realm's living room, where players spend most of their time once level capped, whereas starting zones are the facade, the first introduction to the realm for newcomers, and seeing the population curve on level distribution in Census+ through the first months after a server launch provides the best hint to what I'm trying to stress: prioritize low and high level areas, then move on towards the medium brackets, following and adjusting to the natural distribution of the population through time in order to enjoy the highest appeal to as many people as possible.

Oh, and talking about promotional material: I would suggest you hiring Hurricane, the artist who made the most impressive teasers and trailers about WoW I've ever seen (mainly for the TwinStar private project)... if he didn't end up being hired by Blizzard already (he said on Reddit he was contacted by them, about six months ago, and wouldn't do any more jobs for private servers, but it could still worth a try).

Cya!

7 hours ago, Darkrasp said:

Also, it's apparently somehow bled into periodic energizes like Mana Spring Totems, even though those shouldn't give threat.

Ah yes, memories of running dungeons (mainly happened in Slave Pens) on TBC trinity server.

*plops down mana spring*
-tick-
*everything aggroes the totem and proceeds to eat you*

I can't wait for the open beta! Thanks for doing these notes and keeping us informed and thanks for yout hard work too!!

7 hours ago, Darkrasp said:

@AurigonWe're starting internally with a couple of the beta testers who have extensive programming experience...

Ops, this excludes the bug-report King Elicas... :D

2 hours ago, Joyman said:

Ops, this excludes the bug-report King Elicas... :D

Lies.

I taught Dankrasp how to do the hello world code.

If (ElicasisgodlikeDruid = true)

then;

(return upvotes).

Skillz.

Edited by Elicas

Time will tell us. My hopes are everything to be fine. Thanks for the news @Darkrasp, good luck with the rest of the work that left. :)