Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Lily

Timbermaw Hold Rep Grind Question

How long does hitting Exalted with Timbermaw Hold take if I grinded 5 Hours a day? (Not sure if Exalted is what I need, I am looking at the Furbolg Medicine Pouch) Thanks for the answers in advance =)

If you do NO hand in's whatsoever, grind from unfriendly-revered. After honoured you only get 2rep per Deadwood kill instead of 10, and at revered you don't get points from kills any more at all.

You will need 1400 Beads/Feathers to get revered-exalted, the majority of which you can gather while grinding to revered. After revered complete the chain quests, totem hand in's and hand in your feathers/beads. You're talking somewhere around ~4000-5000 kills though. So if we say ~15 seconds a kill including travel time, ~21 hours of grinding.

The beads and feathers were added to the game in 1.9 and won't be available at release.  There is a repeatable quest, "Winterfall Activity" right at the front of Winterspring you will have to complete, rewarding 75 reputation per turn-in, that you will have to complete approximately 280 times to reach exalted (250 if you're human).  The quest requires killing 24 mobs.  It takes about 10 minutes to do if nobody is harassing you, and is significantly faster if you have friends to help.  This means you're going to spend roughly 50 hours grinding the rep if you do it early, but it can be done much faster if you wait until after 1.9.  The good part about 1.9 is that you can double up and farm beads while doing the repeatable Wintersaber rep quest, kill two birds with one stone if you are a rep grinder like I was.

I did it the old way on retail, exalted with both factions pre-nerf.  Just be glad we aren't shutting down rep gains from kills halfway through Revered like it used to be.  /shudder.

3 hours ago, Darkrasp said:

I did it the old way on retail, exalted with both factions pre-nerf.  Just be glad we aren't shutting down rep gains from kills halfway through Revered like it used to be.  /shudder.

I feel like everything should be pre-nerf. Maybe I'm a sadist like that. 

What is your stance on artificially elongating rep grinds like early Blizzard did?

30 minutes ago, MadeByRockets said:

What is your stance on artificially elongating rep grinds like early Blizzard did?

Keeping it Blizz-like, as best we can.

On 7/20/2016 at 8:08 AM, Darkrasp said:

The beads and feathers were added to the game in 1.9 and won't be available at release.  There is a repeatable quest, "Winterfall Activity" right at the front of Winterspring you will have to complete, rewarding 75 reputation per turn-in, that you will have to complete approximately 280 times to reach exalted (250 if you're human).  The quest requires killing 24 mobs.  It takes about 10 minutes to do if nobody is harassing you, and is significantly faster if you have friends to help.  This means you're going to spend roughly 50 hours grinding the rep if you do it early, but it can be done much faster if you wait until after 1.9.  The good part about 1.9 is that you can double up and farm beads while doing the repeatable Wintersaber rep quest, kill two birds with one stone if you are a rep grinder like I was.

Will The "Root of All Evil" quest be available at release or added later?

TBH kind of ambivalent about it.  It was added later on retail, I know because I was already exalted and was the first person on the server to complete that quest when it came up after maintenance.

Buuutttt...

The trinket reward is a piece of garbage and not game-breaking by any stretch of the imagination.  Whether it gets withheld or not I don't particularly care.  So the answer is, maybe, depending on how much backlash there is one way or the other in Beta.

Agreed on the trinket being a gimmicky fun-item, it has limited and very situational use in pvp, thats it. 

I think the only reason it wasn't added sooner on live servers is because it took blizzard a while to realize that there was no reward for being exalted with the timbermaw.

Just wanted to clarify, since you were changing the reputation gain from mob kills anyways.

Thank you.

I did this grind up to revered once.

The only special thing about this grind is that you can only get rep from feather turn-ins past honoured.

So the established (optimized) method is:

• Finish the auto-neutral quest in Felwood
  • Kill Furbolgs until you get to revered (do NOT turn in any feathers)
  • Do all the remaining Timbermaw quests
  • Turn in feathers until exalted
  • ???
  • Profit

11 minutes ago, Ester said:

I did this grind up to revered once.

The only special thing about this grind is that you can only get rep from feather turn-ins past honoured.

So the established (optimized) method is:

• Finish the auto-neutral quest in Felwood
  • Kill Furbolgs until you get to revered (do NOT turn in any feathers)
  • Do all the remaining Timbermaw quests
  • Turn in feathers until exalted
  • ???
  • Profit

That only works after 1.9 when the feathers were added, which is what they were discussing above.

or kill High Chief Winterfall 764(human) times like Monkeynews did on nostalrius for revered > exalted, should take u about 80 hours if ur on point

Edited by slipryyyy

From the other side killing 5k fulborgs so the other 30 fulborgs gonna like you is absolutely barbaric.