Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Salvia

! New Addon ! EquipColor

Salvia is putting a lot of work into becoming a UI developer, so feedback including constructive criticism is important.

46 minutes ago, Salvia said:

Equippable items and recipes that require your character to have a higher level are also colored red.

Also, already known recipes appear as green colored.

This addon also works with the bag addons Bagnon and OneBag.

Looks great so far. I love bagnon, so it's great to see you have integration with that. I have a few suggestions:

Make items equip-able at a higher level a different color from items you can never use, maybe orange or yellow.
I would also recommend having learn-able recipes be green and another color, maybe blue, for recipes that you already know and a third color, purple?, for recipes you could learn at higher skill levels.
Adding commands and potentially a GUI to allow the user to customize the color of each of the listed categories of items.

The addon looks awesome, it's a very nice idea. I wouldn't change anything tbh.

Posted (edited)

It looks nice, I'm quite happy with how far you've come in a month or so. I'd recommend against adding arbitrary colours for various things like Retreac47 said, but I guess they wouldn't hurt if you made them optional. Also, could you add an option so that that addon only does the red items, but not the green ones? Otherwise, just work on any potential bugs the may come up and job's a good'n.

Edited by Pvt_8Ball

Don't use addons anymore but it looks like great utility when organising inventory. Having synergy with other addons is a great plus and when I had addons in retail was a big priority for me.

All in all, solid work.

Maybe add some other color for items you could equip, but you don't meet lvl requirements for eg. orange?:)

10 hours ago, Macu said:

Maybe add some other color for items you could equip, but you don't meet lvl requirements for eg. orange?:)

Yes, that is in consideration, but is not implemented for the time being.

Good addon idea but It won't force hunters to press greed on shields or plates : (