Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

beerforce

Greetings from Hungary!

Posted (edited)

Hi lads!

I'll write a novel here because of 2 reasons:
1. I'm preparing for a superlative english language exam.
2. I was so disappointed in the last few weeks/months because of the newest private servers. More details below.

First of all, I'd like to introduce myself. I'm 23 years old university student from Hungary. I'm learning international economics. I play football since my childhood in my local club, I ran 35 kilometers once from my town to another town, and I love foreign languages and cultures. I'd like to speak much more languages, however I speak only english and a little bit arabic. I saw we have a lot of people here from several countries, so if anybody is interested in learning a little bit hungarian for exchange teaching me on his/her own native language, I'd be very grateful. Even if somebody would like to practice english a little bit, I'm also up for that. Just send me a private message. ;) 

About my experience, I play WoW for 10 years and I'm a big fan of WotLK and TBC. I had no opportunity to play on retail, however I've totally lost my interest after LK. Reforging Azeroth and let people fly there were a huge mistake in Cata.
 My main is enhancement shaman, but I'm willing to play elemental and restoration aswell.
I always consider the benefits of my guild first. Basically I'm very helpful player with strong team spirit. We have a proverb in Hungary: "Unity is strength".

I played on #####(Hungarian #1 private server with 6-7k players at peaktime on 3 realms with crossrealm bg, rdf and arena) about 5 years from TBC to WotLK. From WotLK my main became enhancement shaman, I reached 2,3k in 2v2 and 2,1k in 3v3 and also cleared the whole PvE content on HC difficulty. After they patched the server to Cata, I rolled on LK Arena-Tournament and TBC Arena-Tournament servers. We reached 2k+ ratings on both servers(beastcleave on LK AT and holypal-war-cementsham on TBC AT) then we stopped playing. In this time I became a big supporter of 3v3 and 5v5 brackets, since it's not a thing on blizzlike private servers. 2v2 is dominated by the same teams for years on the servers, however the higher brackets give more opportunity to play with less op classes since it's more balanced. Maybe I'll open a topic about it when it will be actual.
So after a while, I rolled with my friend on several TBC servers, but the main problem was that all of these servers were in the end content for years , so it was hard to prevail as a new player.

Meanwhile I heard the story of Nostalrius and their comeback. I was so hyped when I found a pretty good guild since I always wanted to try out vanilla. I joined this guild more than 1 month before the relaunch, so we prepared together with explore leveling guides, google drive sheets, we made leveling groups, youtube tutorials etc. The first Sulfuras of the guild has been promised for me, so you can imagine how I felt after playing years with enhancement shaman and I had a very good chance for possessing the strongest weapon int the game…
 Maybe a week before the release, one our officer found out that we should roll in alliance because it's much better than horde. So I started a dwarf warrior on the launch, but I couldnt enjoy it, even if I loved those guys… Maybe you know this feeling, when you would like to play with your friends/playmates, but you and they want to play totally different thing.
In the end I left the server because I couldn't enjoy the game+ DDoS attacks 24/7.

After all of these drama I rolled on the relaunched polish TBC private server which had a pretty good playerbase, but they  have been closed by Blizzard… or at least they say this. In addition they have been DDoSed in 24/7 aswell. I lost my interest and belief in this server because they had some major gamebreaking bug, and there are 2-3 devs working there. After the wipe another trash private server stole a big part of the players so I'm not hoping anymore in a good-shaped, populated TBC server.

All my faith in Crestfall now. I don't mind the population anymore, all I need is a good community. Less attention, less DDoS attacks. I can't wait playing with my shaman from vanilla to WotLK.
I'm hoping in a stable server and maybe some extras, like crossrealm function or supported 3v3 and 5v5 brackets, pre-nerfed dungeons and raids...
I know we have a long ride ahead of us and there are a lot of opened questions yet, but I'll wait here patiently.

Have a nice day guys, and keep your hype up! :)

Edited by beerforce

Welcome!

I'm also using this forum to improve my english. If you have any interest in portuguese language, just let me know, I have no idea how hungarian sounds like, we can exchange some knowledge.^_^

Hello and welcome hungarian firend!

I'm also hungarian and I'm really looking forward to see you in-game on the Horde side! ;)

Thanks for your detailed introduction in flawless English. Hopefully we can reward your patience. 

Posted (edited)

Welcome, fellow neighbor! I would like to congratulate you on making the decision of joining our tight knit community. The people here are warm and welcoming. I am a university student in international economics & politics and finance as well. But I am far from my native country and study in the US. However, I do have friends of Hungarian descent back in Romania, so I will take you on those language exchange lessons if you don't mind. I am fascinated by foreign languages and cultures as well. Not only this, but I am also a big history buff. 

I used to be trilingual, but I haven't spoken French in years, thus my skills are rusty. This being said, I am currently taking Spanish classes and self teaching myself Italian. I am hoping to become fluent in Italian by the end of the year and in Spanish some time next year.

Cheers!

Edited by HijacK
Paraphrasing

26 minutes ago, HijacK said:

Welcome, fellow neighbor! I would like to congratulate you on making the decision of joining our tight knit community. The people here are warm and welcoming. I am a university student in international economics & politics and finance as well. But I am far from my native country and study in the US. However, I do have friends of Hungarian descent back in Romania, so I will take you on those language exchange lessons if you don't mind. I am fascinated by foreign languages and cultures as well. Not only this, but I am also a big history buff. 

I used to be trilingual, but I haven't spoken French in years, thus my skills are rusty. This being said, I am currently taking Spanish classes and self teaching myself Italian. I am hoping to become fluent in Italian by the end of the year and in Spanish some time next year.

Cheers!

I'm happy to meet with a like-minded person, dear neighbour! :) I'll be very happy if you will spend a few minutes of your free time to me! After my superlative english exam I'll learn german possibly, but before I totally engage in german, you can also teach me some basic romanian, spanish or italian sentences if you up for that!
Since @Urutau was also interested in this kind of topic, I'm going to write him another pm, hopefuly he will respond on this one. Learning together foreign languages would be really useful and fun until the launch!