Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Urutau

Some questions about Druid viability

Greeting, everyone! My first topic here.

First of all, I'd like to say that I love both sides of WoW, PVP and PVE and I never REALLY played vanilla WoW. I was pretty decided that I wanted to roll a Night Elf Druid on Crestfall, but then I started wondering how bad is to deal with both Purge and Dispell Magic when two of the druid's healing spells are HoTs. On the Horde side, their HoTs can only be dispelled by priests. Should I really be concerned about this? How BIG is this difference on the PVP aspect? I intent to play some semi-hardcore PVP. I'm not even getting into the racial skills discussion, since NE's are simply a joke, even worse for druids in my opinion.

And my other questions is: which class would be the "less" negatively affected by high ping? I live in South America,so I'll probably play with around 240 ms. I know that melee is out of question, since everyone's position will be completely messed up on my screen. My first thought was to play hunter, but then I realized that traps will probably be a pain. So, what's your opinion?

If you want to do organised PvP, you'll only be taken to WSG as a Feral/Resto hybrid for flag carrying duties. If your ping is bad enough to impact you, you will never get a spot. You will probably find a spot in any roaming group or AB premade though, and AV is AV, anyone is welcome. As far as dedicated PvP healers, everyone basically wants a couple of Paladins and a Priest, dedicated premade Resto Druids isn't really a thing.

As for PvE, you're in demand because of how Druids are always the least played on each faction, every server. Playing Resto will let you walk into pretty much any guild you choose. The Feral/Resto PvP hybrid build is good enough to raid heal MC/BWL/ZG/AQ20/AQ40 without issue, and offtank raid trash/boss adds with just a gear swap. It's very versatile, and most small/casual guilds who are low on healers/tanks will fall over themselves to get you. Kitty DPS is a niche, but can be very successful with dedication and an understanding of how to do it. Will be harder on CF though, since the +weapondamage enchant will be fixed, so you wont be getting the free +126 AP like on Mangos servers.

As for least negatively affected by ping, in PvE, Mage or Warlock, since both can easily be one button DPS classes.

In PvP, you're kinda screwed if your ping is bad.

Druids are stellar when mobility can be exploited and turn into unstoppable juggernauts once geared enough (AQ40/R13), with engineering and utility potions you can mitigate most ganks and burst fairly easily, and you also get good enough damage output to kill squishies.

Main issue is that with bad to average gear, you aren't really able to do much besides running and annoying people.

3 hours ago, Terpsichore said:

Druids are stellar when mobility can be exploited and turn into unstoppable juggernauts once geared enough (AQ40/R13), with engineering and utility potions you can mitigate most ganks and burst fairly easily, and you also get good enough damage output to kill squishies.

Main issue is that with bad to average gear, you aren't really able to do much besides running and annoying people.

Annoying people is my specialty! 

*flashbacks to playing a disc priest in WSG and just spamming dispel/mana burn and nothing else*

Posted (edited)

Specs like hotw make for great support classes, in wpvp with a dps buddy it's a super fun class to play.

Personally I favour NE druids too, and tbh I shouldn't worry about purge at all, you get bof and bos instead, which beats purge(in the big picture) imo

Edited by Marbo

Posted (edited)

you get bof and bos instead, which beats purge

What does bof and bos mean?

Edit: Forget it. I just realized.

Edited by Urutau

To keep my answer short and simple:

PVE: needed cuz very  few druids available but your heal will be one of the worst in the raid (except u tryhard), still you will get loads of gear

PVP: you are the warsong king, also in AV a sneaky stealth with some rogues is funny to cap some towers and in AB you can simply survive long enough till your mates are coming to help you.

1 hour ago, Budge said:

To keep my answer short and simple:

PVE: needed cuz very  few druids available but your heal will be one of the worst in the raid (except u tryhard), still you will get loads of gear

PVP: you are the warsong king, also in AV a sneaky stealth with some rogues is funny to cap some towers and in AB you can simply survive long enough till your mates are coming to help you.

PvP: agree.

For PvE, while in a few encounters you have the upper hand as healing druid, you are spot on for early raids.

After AQ40 though, druids become unstoppable healing machines. With very high-end gear, a priest gotta sweat to compete with a druid.