Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lilaina

Some AV questions

So, I was reading about how AV games used to last for weeks, you had to collect quest items and farm rams and summon bosses and there was no resource counter etc. Is CF's AV going to be like that? The only vanilla AV that I have real experience of is the one on Kronos and it was nothing like that. Just the usual rush for towers and bosses.

There's also apparently a "pre-nerf" and "nerfed" version of AV that has to do with NPC stats or something. Is the pre-nerfed version also the one that lasts longer and is more complex? If so, can we get that one plz? :D I know that CF won't have the old terrain cuz it's part of the client and Darkrasp has also said that the NPCs will be harder but what about all the other stuff?

Pardon my ignorance but usually when people discuss these things on reddit and forums, they take it for granted that everyone knows what the original AV was like and I don't. :P

Edited by Lilaina

Automatic Raid invite came in 1.12 or so.

People joined in solo, without a group. from 1.5-1.12.

Maybe a group of people could do something but im sure there was always enough defenders who could wipe them.

There should be a lot of new NPC's. i think everybody will be amazed from the difference between all other servers AV and CF's.

The old AV was awesome, I hope we will have opportunity to play it because the nerfed one is available on everywhere else.

1 hour ago, Lilaina said:

Just the usual rush for towers and bosses.

I think that's less to do with if it's old AV or not, and more to do with the modern Meta. You can per-nerf AV all you want, but if people are just going to rush towers anyway, it doesn't make much of a difference. It's the players that're different, not only the game.

Edited by Pvt_8Ball

These things actually work on Kronos as well, but most of the time they are not utilized because of either a hard stomp(read premade) or players that don't know how to defend properly(i.e. teleport to your base with an AV trinket to defend it). However, if the conditions are right (pretty equal skill and gear on both sides), there are, as you mentioned some mechanics that help you end the game such as:

summoning a boss to a Field of Strife(Ivus the Forest Lord on the Ali side and Lokholar the Ice Lord on the Horde side), which will after small time delay(10 mins) march into the enemy base, unit upgrades, ground assault, aerial assault etc. read more here(http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Alterac_Valley) - warning maybe, wrong info.

As for the other aspects, afaik limited resources to prevent long "vanilla" AVs along with nerfing a lot of NPCs to a non-elite status were added in patch 2.3.0. I might be wrong on something so maybe some1 can correct me.

2 hours ago, Pvt_8Ball said:

You can per-nerf AV all you want, but if people are just going to rush towers anyway, it doesn't make much of a difference. It's the players that're different, not only the game.

We'll just have to make towers uncapturable unless 40v40 people were fighting for 24 hours already :P.

Edited by Xaverius

4 hours ago, Lilaina said:

Just the usual rush for towers and bosses.

I will agree with what some others had said because when it comes down to it, how the sides decide to play will determine how the game runs.  More often then not I've seen in the current private server scene, even when actions are made to try to extend the battles, if both teams want to rush to a win or rush to a loss, there isn't much standing in their way.  This is because a large majority of people just want to rush a win, get their rep and move on.  A fix for this would be reducing the value of a win or loss.  That would however result in games never ending because it would be more efficient for players to just sit in and grind out the turn-ins.  Who knows, though, maybe that's what the current pserver community needs to actually fight for 24 hours ;)

just blame blizzard for terrible game design on that part.

i dont think anyone really cares about AV being more than an average battleground.

On 10/4/2017 at 5:39 PM, imbaslap said:

i dont think anyone really cares about AV being more than an average battleground.

I care about AV more than an average battleground and I would love to experience the drawn out version