Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
valaquenta

Concerning the game design overall : what's the right thing to do?

55 posts in this topic
3 hours ago, Adalon said:

Apparently wanting to include all the shit vanilla specs is heresy and, "well that's not vanilla..." when tweaking raids wouldn't be either, not to mention the snide, "we'll you can go make your own server then!" digs.

Whoops! Yeah, I did it. Personally, I don't care what's "perfect vanilla" or whatever. I just think this issue has been put to bed on this forum many times. 

There's too much focus on class in vanilla right now. Guess what? Not every spec can be #1, every spec in vanilla is VIABLE very few are IDEAL/what is used in elitist guilds. You want to play a non-ideal spec find non-elitists and if you're a hybrid get a set of gear for every spec and be flexible. You can have fun as any spec in vanilla and be USEFUL if you know what you are doing even if it isn't what your class is IDEAL at doing. Look through the community and guild pages on each server here, unless people are looking for world firsts they're open to taking enhancement shamans, oomkins, and even ret pallies if you can play those specs well, just because 1 mage dps = dps of 2 of any of those doesn't mean content can't be completed even if buffed with a few of each.

14 hours ago, Zniki said:

The whole beef i have is with people that have double standards for their view of what vanilla is supposed to be and their lack of following their own logic while saying their view is proper vanilla and the rest is a fun server (used as a slur) ...

While I still disagree with some of your other points you've made previously, I can see what you're saying now.

On 4/12/2017 at 11:29 AM, Zniki said:

lol, the fallacy. Why on earth would be retuning raid out of necessity be ok while retuning classes would be considered custom, "fun" server experience? this doesnt make any sanse....

Retuning classes is much harder work, it will also affect PvP part of  the game. But if u tune boss fight and only them nothing is going to go out of the dungeon. It is not going to influence anything apart from boss fights. And i thought the main idea is  not to rebalance, but to make a little harder. Nobody gets any benefit from tuned bosses.

On 2017. 04. 12. at 1:30 AM, Adalon said:

I just want tweaks to make certain specs viable.

Give us boomkins in vanilla! I'm bored of the same 4 classes filling raids.

There is a server which running from vanilla to wotlk on wotlk client, that would be your server budy.