Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
beerforce

[SUGGESTION] Don't launch without crossrealm!

I think crossrealm function would be the trump in the hand of Crestfall.
As the devs mentioned before, it's a big work and costs so much time to build it, but it would be totally worth. On the other hand, when the server will officially launch the devs will possibly have so many other things to care with. I have never seen a smooth launch (except Kronos 2, but after a few days it suffered by DDoS attacks).

Crossrealm has several benefits, let me list a few why I consider it very important:
1. It's very rare on the private servers. I can't say any decent project who has working crossrealm, and most of them have no opportunity to make it because their realms are not running on the same schedule and timeline. So it would be a good marketing trick aswell.
2. My definite conviction is crossrealm would help to increase the population of the PvE realm. There are people out there who are thinking about which realm should be the best for them, since the 2 realms give different experience. People who are afraid of the lack PvP opportunity on the PvE realm may consider rolling on the PvP realm and if these people are tired of gankers, corpse campers, wPvP maybe they will stop playing.
3. Reducing the chance of the monopoly gaming by the elite battleground premades. I've just realised that we need crossrealm when I saw how many people are interested playing battlegrounds on the PvE realm. Comparing the possibly population it's a lot. It was a pleasent surprise for me how active was the PvP topic there. Even most of the elite PvP players will roll on Kul'Tiras, there will be premade farmers on the PvE realm aswell. The lower population could cause easier farming opportunity for them.
4. It keeps the 2 realms in touch, and the community is not seperated completely. Maybe this is the most important of all for me.
5. Faster BG pops --> better leveling experience. Just imagine how many people would like to see a working crossrealm in the early part of the server.

I'll definitely roll on the PvP server, but I'd be very happy if I could play against/with the other realm players. This function brings the community closer together, and this is why we love vanilla and the game. Grab this advantage from the begining, even if you have to delay the launch to 2018 - make the launch as perfect as you can.

Posted (edited)

Fine with me. Like most PvE players I enjoy Battlegrounds immensely, I just don't want to deal with ganks in the world when I'm trying to quest/farm. If anything it might boost PvE pop a little.

Edit - Maybe its something best left to a vote later on, if the realms seems to do well it may not be needed. Plus I have no clue how difficult it would be to implement it.

Edited by Adalon

Appreciate how long this might take them to implement.

Would you like a release this year or next year? Something allegedly "simple" like the clustering technology (having kalimdor/EK/instances) on different server has thrown up plenty of bugs. You don't know what this could cause.

31 minutes ago, Elicas said:

Appreciate how long this might take them to implement.

Would you like a release this year or next year? Something allegedly "simple" like the clustering technology (having kalimdor/EK/instances) on different server has thrown up plenty of bugs. You don't know what this could cause.

I wish I could play right now, but the thing is we missed the vanilla hype boat. We are not in hurry anymore, at least me, so all my "wish" is to make it as perfect as they can. I know they can implement it later aswell, but as I mentioned above, I'm afraid of they will have to care other important things after the launch. I have a bet that it's smoother to build it when the server is not out yet, and there are no crying players because of the server is down by crossrealm implementation. It is a big extra thing with lot of benefits, I'd be happy if I could see it from the launch. That's all.

Posted (edited)

11 minutes ago, Terpsichore said:

I absolutely despise cross-server stuff and is one of the biggest reasons that made me stop playing on retail. It doesn't "bring the community together", it does the exact opposite. If you want to keep everyone together, then don't split them by having multiple servers.

What's wrong with meeting players from other realms on bg and arena? I don't get your point. I really like the idea about keeping the pop around 4-5k, it's very healthy, but playing arena/battleground against the same teams are not that fun imo.

Edit: RDF ruined the game, I agree.

Edited by beerforce

1 minute ago, Chickengrease said:

Cross-realm BGs are fine imo and a nice addition to the activity. It's the cross-realm RDF that ruined it. 

Agree with this completely.

Cross-server BGs felt pointless to me, might as well just fight against NPC bots that imitate players. The whole point of MMOs is the community, knowing who you play with or against and being able to meet them in the world, the rivalry, the alliances, the drama, etc. I want a coherent world, not being paired with random people from a different dimension.

Personally, this is a dealbreaker to me and I won't be playing if it happens, it destroys all the fun of vanilla BGs for me.

I'm fine with crossrealm BGs, but I'd rather have Crestfall released sooner and crossrealm functionality added later than have it upfront and the whole thing delayed.

Posted (edited)

You guys realise that there were no BGs at launch? So you want crossrealm BGs without BGs till patch 1.5?

I don't have any objections but if it will delay the server launch by another year I'm totally against it.

Edited by Macu

40 minutes ago, Terpsichore said:

Cross-server BGs felt pointless to me, might as well just fight against NPC bots that imitate players. The whole point of MMOs is the community, knowing who you play with or against and being able to meet them in the world, the rivalry, the alliances, the drama, etc. I want a coherent world, not being paired with random people from a different dimension.

Personally, this is a dealbreaker to me and I won't be playing if it happens, it destroys all the fun of vanilla BGs for me.

It's a very RP view imo. I think the faster BG pops, varied enemies and being less farmed by premades should have bigger priority.

Posted (edited)

Crossrealm BGs only would be nice for the PvE players that's for certain. More BGs in general overall, more faces. I don't see an issue with it, only a nice addition. Given the fact neither BGs or the ranking system will be available from the get go, perhaps this is something that could be worked on once the server has already launched to avoid more pre release server work?

Crossrealm BGs from the PvE and PvP (and perhaps a 2nd PvP server) - @Darkrasp is this something you have considered or are interested in doing?

Having played on Nostalrius PvE (before Darrowshire), There was only 2 BGs up most of the time, sometimes one and a half even. Nostalrius PvE would had benefited from it, in terms of activity in BGs, and so can Darrowshire, but of course we have no clue how populated Zul'Dare will be. However from the experinces of Nostalrius PvE and Darrowshire, in terms of standings and BG activity haven't been impressing at all - got a slight feeling Zul'Dare will have the same lack of PvP activity (unless you think 200-600 players are a big PvP player pool, counting level 10-59 players in that standing pool as well).

Edited by Zecov

14 hours ago, Terpsichore said:

Oh please. If that is a dealbreaker and you won't be playing on this unique and awesome project, then I'm really sorry for you. It's not like there are 5,6 or 7+ realms connected to BGs. There are only 2. And it's only for BGs, later on Arena.

I think it's a good idea. As mentioned by many, this will create more BGs and less queues.

I also would like to mention that out of experience a PvP server has a higher Horde ration (probably due to racials in PvP) and a PvE server has a tendency to favor Ally. i.e. Horde has to wait longer on PvP server to join BG and ditto for Ally on the PvE. Crossrealm BGs would solve this issue. 

As a PVE server guy that likes battlegrounds I'd love to see this, but I'm not inclined to grab a flag and start a crusade.  Just give me classes that work right, quests and events and fight mechanics that work the way they're supposed to, and a group of drunken wise-asses to kill stuff with and I'll be happy forever.

14 hours ago, Macu said:

You guys realise that there were no BGs at launch? So you want crossrealm BGs without BGs till patch 1.5?

I don't have any objections but if it will delay the server launch by another year I'm totally against it.

THIS!

I first thought it says crossfaction and almost went on a rampage.

Sorry.

I'm not necessarily against it, but I'm definitely not for it. I think it's better to have them seperated. Just the idea that after a BG I had a good team mate or an annoying enemy, anything, and then I'd have to think: wait, was he on my realm though? Can I actually meet him in the world? I'm more on the side of knowing your server in and out.

Posted (edited)

crossrealm isn't enough of a solution to the fun-ruining experience that is being in a pug versus a premade, but it wouldn't help on its own, except for PvE's horde side who is going to be severely lacking in tryhards due to not being as good at PvE as alliance

the other parts of solution is to make queueing in a group(premades) always matches you against other group queuers (so other premades) and to hire a GM whose sole job is to make sure that people don't AFK in BGs for honor and that premades don't go around the group queueing and go against pugs

admittedly I've dodged the group queueing to be in a largely premade AV on nost for more than a few BGs shortly before the shutdown so I could get AV exalted faster, and I got exalted before the shutdown; you dodge the group queueing by just having someone scout for a new BG pop without being in a group, then having everyone else in the 39 or 40 man raid queue for AV all at once, and right away, it can also be done for AB and WSG, but not as easily for WSG

if crossrealm isn't implemented but the other stuff is, then there'd just be less of a variation of players in the battleground, but the PvE server's horde side would be the only one to suffer for it, if not also the alliance PvE side because of the lack of good tryhards to have fun fighting against

but some people, formerly including myself for a reason that I forgot about, would prefer that there not be crossrealm battlegrounds

if those are done including crossrealm BGs, you can have fun BGs 6+ months after the server's release that aren't in the 40-49 or 59-59 brackets, and aren't AV a month after its release either

Edited by Aquane

Posted (edited)

Nice, less delays! yay.

Less delays = win.

Edited by Brikot

A completely fair and rational position.  I'll lobby for it in the future as a wishlist feature.  Thanks for clarifying Darkrasp.

24 minutes ago, Humperdink said:

A completely fair and rational position.  I'll lobby for it in the future as a wishlist feature.  Thanks for clarifying Darkrasp.

It was implemented at patch 1.12 on live I believe, so I agree. It would be nice if it was implemented by the end of vanilla or when we get to TBC at least :)

I'm giving this a no for reasons stated before and not just here.

I would hate to try and reach out to someone I played in a BG with only to find out that they're not on my realm. All crossrealm really does is split each realm rather than bring both of them together. Sure, you get to have people from the other realm on your team. Then the BG ends and you possibly never see them in-game again. Wonderful. Truly wonderful it would be to meet someone you enjoy playing with only to find out that they're on the other realm and thus you can never spend time with them outside of BGs. Truly wonderful it would be to find a player worthy of being called your rival only to, again, find out they're on the other realm and thus you will never be able to fight them out in the world, if ever.

There's going to be enough banter between the two realms on the forums. Can we please leave it there? Having crossrealm functionality won't be a deal breaker for me even if I absolutely despise it, same as it won't be a deal breaker for me if we get all the way to WoD. I try and just roll with whatever the majority wants. However, I really see no good reason to add crossrealm whatever. At the very least the negative outweighs the positives. And I'm not even listing the launch delay as a negative simply because I already find the whole thing to be bad enough without that factoring in.

Just my two cents. As I said, not a deal breaker for me, just something I find really bad. I just thought I'd lay it on you people how I see things. That's why we're all here anyway.