Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
beerforce

[SUGGESTION] Don't launch without crossrealm!

36 posts in this topic
6 hours ago, beerforce said:

What do you think about crossrealm Auction House?

Pls no

12 hours ago, beerforce said:

If AH/BG/Arena would be linked I swear I'd roll on the PvE realm. Simply every issue which usually caused by the low population would be solved imo. 

AH could be abused so hard then. PVE low pop = more resources to get gold from, which then could get transfered to the PvP server via the AH again.

Wouldn't mind BG/Arena crossrealm tho, which already has been in the works but not sure if its still a thing.

Edited by Cruzix

Cross realm action house is definitely a big no no, they don't even do that on retail, you're essentially bringing cross realm mail into the game. Cross realm BGs would definitely be a good thing though, just a matter of developing it, maybe it will get developed post launch if BG queues become an issue. Definitely needs developing for TBC in my opinion.

Edited by Pvt_8Ball

15 hours ago, beerforce said:

I think this would surely destroy the economy on both servers - so a bad idea in my opinion.

As for crossrealm BGs, I have sorta mixed feelings. I think that there is a certain charm to be able to meet the people you fight in BGs out in the world, and being able to build a reputation on the server for being good (or perhaps bad :P) at PVP. Therefore, I would opt against it - at least at launch. If, after some time, it becomes nearly impossible for players on the PVE server to get matched in BGs, I think we should have the discussion at that point.

Anyway, not a deal breaker for me as long as it is only crossrealm BGs.

Thanks for the asnwers. 

My first thought was like 'more activity, more items - - > healthier economy' about crossrealm AH, but  yeah..  I have to admit that there are several incompitable factors in this idea. 

However, my opinion is the same concerning crossrealm bg/arena, I'd be really happy for it. PvP is really about more people, various enemy&team mates. Hoping the best... 

On 9/11/2017 at 11:27 PM, beerforce said:

PvP is really about more people

This, admittedly taken a bit out of context, would serve just as well as an argument against crossrealm BGs. I never did much PvP during vanilla, but I remember knowing many of the people on both my and the opponents' team whenever I did battlegrounds - either personally or by reputation. My hunter and a priest I knew from doing a few dungeons together once defended the AB lumbermill for most of the battleground, with the opposing team focusing on us more and more, which left our own team with more opportunities to capture other points on the map. A few minutes after we'd won AB several low-level alts started whispering us with congratulations and complimenting us on a game well played. It's moments like this one that spring to mind when I think of the closely-knit vanilla communities.

I still keep a retail account, just to casually check in on the game, level a bit, do whatever. The crossrealm system that's in place there right now is ticking me off to the nth degree. You run into people everywhere. Yeah, it does make the world look more populated, but since you have zero interaction with any of these folks it sure doesn't feel that way. You actually play against rather than with them since you all need to do your kill/collect quests etc. Everyone basically becomes a nuisance to each other by just playing the game by themselves, and that has become unacceptable to me. Social interaction is at an uncomfortable minimum; chats are either dead or toxic (channels as well as groups). Few people even make an effort at being social, because you don't really have to be anymore. Imho, this increase of anonymity and decrease of accountability is what has hurt online communities the most.

So, my two copper is that I'm not a fan of crossrealm for historical reasons, never mind if it's in a PvE or PvP context. I do understand the attraction of more frequent BGs, less pre-mades etc, though. It probably comes down to how you weigh your preferences, but one of the great things (again, imho) about the vanilla communities was that they were fairly adept at policing themselves - which worked because you could be held responsible for your actions through consequence.

1 hour ago, Sque said:

I'm against it.

I'm against it if I have to work with people from another realm. I'd rather it was Crestfall (1) Horde team vs Crestfall (2) Alliance team, rather than a mixed bunch. I want reputation to matter and when you are killing them in BGs it doesn't.

I think it's not a big deal tbh since we won't have 20+ realms with 100k people, max 3 realms with 10k. It's like playing on Elysium concerning bgs but not in an overcrowded world. 

I played on a wotlk server where their 2x xp rate realm had 4500 players in peaktimes, the 6x pve server had 700 and the 15x server had 1500. They implemented crossrealm bgs, arena and df, and I have to say that the vast majority liked it. It was pretty fun to play with other people, or beat them in arena. We were even laughing with the hordies when a 10 man alliance premade was farming us on wsg from the lowest poped PvE server.  

I usually talked with people from the other realms, it was not that bad what you mentioned above concerning anonymity. 

It's my only private server crossrealm experience, I think there was no other project made it before. 

I understand you cannot play with them in the real world but... It would definitely bring our future community closer together, and it will be neccessary if they will launch with 2 PvP realms since the more populated will kill the smaller one. 

Edited by beerforce

Better yet, they could just dump the pointless PVE server and make 2 PVP servers, that way we can all be happy. It would also stop the divide. Fvck you carebears

"Oh no, someone likes something I don't, fuck him!"

Grow up. Be happy you get a PvP server to engage in e-peen measuring, and we're happy we get a PvE server. And not releasing a PvE server wouldn't stop the divide, assholes like you would make damn sure the community stays divided.