Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WITCHCRAFT

Aw Heck I Can't Decide What Class

43 posts in this topic

I've done warrior and hunter to level 60, hunter most recently, so maybe not a pet class this time. I do love summoner classes in most MMOs though. For a while wanted to do paladin, but solo lvling sounds a lot like playing warrior again. Maybe a rogue or cat druid for leveling as stealth class. I've never been the invisible PVP asshole before. Shadow priest sounds fun for leveling, and I've never done raid heals stuff before. So many options...

I'm going mining/engineering for sure though. I have seen people pull off great PVP and other random goofy shit with both goblin and gnomish engineering. It's like you get a crate of Wile E. Coyote style Acme weapons and gadgets. How could any other profession be this fun?

Anyone else feel undecided on your class? I'm not gonna have time to level an alt, so I really have to stick with one thing...

Yeah, I can't make up my mind either. Right now I'm feeling like making a paladin, which was my original plan when I first heard about CF. I wouldn't base my choice of class on what is hard to level, especially if you intend to play just one character. Better to choose a class that you think you will enjoy at max level and possibly during other expansions as well.

Choice is pretty easy for me. I'll suck no matter what class I choose so it doesn't really matter. kek

I've had my mind "set" on several classes for certain periods of time ever since I came to these forums. Every few weeks or months I change my mind. First I was going to play a rogue. Then I thought about a paladin. Then it was going to be a mage. Now I'm currently "set" on a hunter. Who knows what I'll come up with in a week or two.

One thing I learned is to not listen to the community's advice on class or race choice. Reason for that is that people will usually tell me what the overall best choice is. That's not what I'm looking for. I'm looking for whatever is best for me. It's quite obvious that I'm the only one who would know what that is. Currently it seems that a dwarf hunter would suit me nicely. Is it the best choice? Probably not. Would I like it regardless? Quite possibly, and if I don't it won't be because it's not the most viable pick for a raid or whatever. I'll just struggle and make do with my choice as best as I can.

My final choice will probably be at launch day and it will likely be completely different from what I was thinking of rolling just the day before. I'm that kind of indecisive person.

Your problem is nothing compared to mine. I don't even know what faction I will play :P not to mention what class.

I'm dead set on playing a Hunter as main. I always choose the archer/assassin type of classes in all the games I play :D 

As an alt I've come down to it being either Feral Druid or Rogue... It'll probably be Feral Druid though, since I enjoy playing the "underdog" classes.

Whenever a new server I'd like to play on opens, I tell myself that it's time to try a different class, but in the end always end up with a hunter. I just love pets and pew-pewing from a distance, while my cat is ripping the mobs to shreds.

Just pick the class you are most comfortable with to avoid disappointment and the feeling of wasted time.

Tbh if you're that undecided just pick a farm class to make your later main alot easier. (Feed it mats etc.)

I've always been a Priest, but I'm switching to Druid since I want to split between Feral/Resto for vanilla, then go Balance in TBC. Will be feeding cloth to my priest alt for bags.

The struggle is real guys.
My main was always shaman, but I had only 1 shaman in Horde in the last years because I hate joining the more popular fraction. I tried to level up a nelf druid but it was not my cup of tea, neither the dwarf warrior. I've found out that I have to play shaman, I can't even reach lv60 if I don't play it. Maybe you should level a little bit when we will be in the opened beta phase to find out which class do you prefer and which one gives you the feeling. ;) 

I'm pretty set on playing a tank class. Either warrior or bear drood. Probably warrior though. I'd love to off some boomkin but they are kind of meh before ZG loot comes available.

Mage, because it's the only class farming that isn't going to be nerfed by the devs changes to vanilla WoW. If you don't want to main it, then you just switch at 60 to your main and have that gold farmer ready to feed you items. For some reason it's acceptable for them to make 100g an hour, but no one else, and no matter what you play you're going to want reliable gold once the AH campers start buying up all the stock and up ticking prices as they always do on private servers.

6 hours ago, LemmyWinks said:

Mage, because it's the only class farming that isn't going to be nerfed by the devs changes to vanilla WoW. If you don't want to main it, then you just switch at 60 to your main and have that gold farmer ready to feed you items. For some reason it's acceptable for them to make 100g an hour, but no one else, and no matter what you play you're going to want reliable gold once the AH campers start buying up all the stock and up ticking prices as they always do on private servers.

I recall reading that trash packs farmed by mages and other specs that can AoE farm will have their loots nerfed so it won't be as profitable. And there are other criteria for choosing a class and not just how good it is at farming gold don't you think? :3

7 hours ago, LemmyWinks said:

This reminds me of always playing Sorceress first in Diablo II. You can feed gold and items to your other chars, and run dungeons for important gear your real character needs.

warrior and mage here, playing both of them  with rested XP.

Go druid hotw pvp spec imo. If you are looking for something new compared to the two you've played. (More support-ish then offensive)

personally not a fan of fc'ing but you'll likely have to in wsg prems. Personally dont(or havent) as im too casul pvper))

def a super fun class to play and def different to hunter/warrior in terms of gameplay.

My biggest problem choosing class :3, i was a warrior : good in pvp and massive in pve , paladin in wrath of lich king was incredible also priest and hunt but finally you have to go with class that you love, with the class that you have spent years playing with, in your case i think warrior is your best and as always FOR THE HORDE my friend

11111.png.01c1ade8cf22ba9f93a8a2d2f2f7730a.png.f7cb684968e562f621e87a2af3ae5ed9.png

Faction is Horde without question. Race/class will be a little bit more of a challenge, as I love the Forsaken. But I also enjoy the feral spec of the druid as well.

Sometimes picking a class you have never played before turns out to be a great adventure. Yet it remains a big commitment

On 4/25/2017 at 1:31 AM, Lilaina said:

I recall reading that trash packs farmed by mages and other specs that can AoE farm will have their loots nerfed so it won't be as profitable. And there are other criteria for choosing a class and not just how good it is at farming gold don't you think? :3

There are so many AoE farming spots where a mage can make 100g+ an hour in vanilla that it isn't possible to nerf all of them without dramatically impacting the overall game. 

They can nerf mara ~ 50g and DM ~ 100g for hunters, BRD ~100g for rogue, and even DM E ~ 100g for mages, but mages can also just go anywhere there are a lot of spawns and just mass pull and AoE it all to death for ~ 50-100g an hour. The abitrary 'it's only okay when X makes that much gold but not Y' argument that people use to nerf farming is stupid. Mages will always make that much, unless you make mobs drop nothing.

On 4/28/2017 at 3:55 AM, Morrasul said:

Sometimes picking a class you have never played before turns out to be a great adventure. Yet it remains a big commitment

This is true. I've actually found something to love about every class, the more I've given each a chance. Like in retail Vanilla I thought Warlocks were stupid dark emo goth mage wannabees. Then I tried them out and was like... dang I rather enjoy dotting stuff and having different demon pets :P

do like me, not thinking about vanilla, but forward...im going shaman...because i loved TBC shaman dual spec...best dps so far (somehow with t4 i was doing more dps than t5 geared guildies dps classes xD) sooo...i gotta hold on vanilla times...

7 hours ago, LemmyWinks said:

There are so many AoE farming spots where a mage can make 100g+ an hour in vanilla that it isn't possible to nerf all of them without dramatically impacting the overall game. 

They can nerf mara ~ 50g and DM ~ 100g for hunters, BRD ~100g for rogue, and even DM E ~ 100g for mages, but mages can also just go anywhere there are a lot of spawns and just mass pull and AoE it all to death for ~ 50-100g an hour. The abitrary 'it's only okay when X makes that much gold but not Y' argument that people use to nerf farming is stupid. Mages will always make that much, unless you make mobs drop nothing.

Just leave it blizz like. One change here. Then another change there. Where does it end?

8 hours ago, LemmyWinks said:

I don't have enough experience of vanilla to know if this is true or not but my second points still stands: There are other criteria for choosing a class and not just how much gold you can farm in an hour during vanilla and the OP said that he/she only has time to level 1 character.

Posted (edited)

is the server close to being out?

topics like this are quite hilarious.  seen people from over a year ago on here talking about what class they are going to role as if the server is releasing in a few days. its quite funny to see

Edited by Antility