Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WITCHCRAFT

Aw Heck I Can't Decide What Class

43 posts in this topic

Close as in few weeks, no             

Close as in a few months, probably

 

Also I see no harm in telling people what class/race you'll be playing in a particular game that is upcomming.  I knew I wanted to play vampire counts first as soon as TW: warhammer revealed that the race was playable.   And I did, when the game released.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Antility said:

is the server close to being out?

topics like this are quite hilarious.  seen people from over a year ago on here talking about what class they are going to role as if the server is releasing in a few days. its quite funny to see

Hey man, like, you don't know. Maybe the server will drop tomorrow. Anything is possible.

I don't want to spoil the experience by playing to level 50 on another server, then trying to do the whole thing again when Crestfall launches. Nothing else to do until then.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/2/2017 at 2:05 AM, Lilaina said:

I don't have enough experience of vanilla to know if this is true or not but my second points still stands: There are other criteria for choosing a class and not just how much gold you can farm in an hour during vanilla and the OP said that he/she only has time to level 1 character.

When it comes to vanilla, and raiding, you absolutely want to choose a class based on gold viability. Either that or you're making two characters.

It is not possible to farm gold for warrior BiS BoE items, plus resistance gear, plus potions and elixirs to raid as prot. Similarily as a healer, you just cannot kill things fast enough to farm gold for mana potions and elixirs. If they nerf hunter and rogue farm because the community has some strange bias, it basically pidgeon holes everyone who wants to play support roles in a raid to make a mage. Otherwise they will not have the resources available to them to be effective. This is amplified even more so by the devs wanting to increase the difficultly of the mechanics of these old raids.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LemmyWinks said:

When it comes to vanilla, and raiding, you absolutely want to choose a class based on gold viability. Either that or you're making two characters.

It is not possible to farm gold for warrior BiS BoE items, plus resistance gear, plus potions and elixirs to raid as prot. Similarily as a healer, you just cannot kill things fast enough to farm gold for mana potions and elixirs. If they nerf hunter and rogue farm because the community has some strange bias, it basically pidgeon holes everyone who wants to play support roles in a raid to make a mage. Otherwise they will not have the resources available to them to be effective. This is amplified even more so by the devs wanting to increase the difficultly of the mechanics of these old raids.

Well...there are professions too. And AH. And you can farm stuff with friends, especially if you're a healer and they're a DPS. And not everyone is interested in tryharding raids anyway. Idk about others but I'm not choosing my main's class on a PTE project based on how effortlessly I can amass gold to buy some stupid consumables for vanilla raids when there are factors like PvP, survivability, coolness, and...*gasp* how fun the class is to consider as well.

/end rant

5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Lilaina said:

Well...there are professions too. And AH. And you can farm stuff with friends, especially if you're a healer and they're a DPS. And not everyone is interested in tryharding raids anyway. Idk about others but I'm not choosing my main's class on a PTE project based on how effortlessly I can amass gold to buy some stupid consumables for vanilla raids when there are factors like PvP, survivability, coolness, and...*gasp* how fun the class is to consider as well.

/end rant

I can tell you're new to private servers. Good luck farming those black lotus for required raid consumables when there are gold sellers camping the spawns 24/7, 365. Good luck having the mana to last an entire fight without having bags filled with mana potions, and wizard oils. Gathering professions are generally useless once you've started raiding, and herbalism becomes king. But with free accounts, comes gold sellers camping spawns of the necessary herbs.

I understand playing a class you want to play, what I'm saying is if raiding and end game content are what you're interested in then the changes this server is making will force most of those players to also play a mage, plus their main class. If you don't plan on doing anything but leveling and dying to the honor premade farm groups then this doesn't apply to you, but you're also the minority. The appeal of the server is to raid through vanilla and progress into TBC raiding. Since PvP gear is obsolete once BWL hits, most people will be raiding. Most people will be directly hurt by not having a secondary character to farm with. No one will be able to progress through all the content efficently without one.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You want harder raids and control over gold farmers?

Proposal: no flasks/elixirs allowed in raids, only class buffs, world buffs, scrolls etc.

No need to tune the raids up and no need to spend hours farming herbs, people can finally drop herbalism even if they want to raid etc.

Money-making focused on mob killing and not herb spawn farming.

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 3. 5. 2017 at 8:22 PM, Lilaina said:

there are factors like PvP, survivability, coolness, and...*gasp* how fun the class is to consider as well

You forgot to account for the personality and background of the character in question that your barely-sane brain made up during long travel times.

I mean, that's why my first character is ALWAYS a particular human rogue with particular looks. But I tell you, sometimes it's hell to figure out what skin tone or face you used 8 years ago, especially since your screen resolution was 1024x768 and you played in a window.

Edited by Xaverius
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/3/2017 at 9:18 PM, LemmyWinks said:

but you're also the minority.

Tread lightly without evidence to support your claims...

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Xaverius said:

You forgot to account for the personality and background of the character in question that your barely-sane brain made up during long travel times.

I mean, that's why my first character is ALWAYS a particular human rogue with particular looks. But I tell you, sometimes it's hell to figure out what skin tone or face you used 8 years ago, especially since your screen resolution was 1024x768 and you played in a window.

I still play in a window most of the time.  I like being able to toggle between the game and other stuff on my monitor, because I don't need two of them.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Humperdink said:

I still play in a window most of the time.  I like being able to toggle between the game and other stuff on my monitor, because I don't need two of them.

The issue is rather that the resulting window and screenshots were something like 900-something by 700-who-knows. Which makes it damn too low quality to compare to 1280x1024 screenshots.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Xaverius said:

The issue is rather that the resulting window and screenshots were something like 900-something by 700-who-knows. Which makes it damn too low quality to compare to 1280x1024 screenshots.

Right, well, carry on then ;)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3.5.2017 at 9:18 PM, LemmyWinks said:

I can tell you're new to private servers.

Dang it, what gave me away. 9_9

 

12 hours ago, Xaverius said:

You forgot to account for the personality and background of the character in question that your barely-sane brain made up during long travel times.

That's easy. Personality-wise all my characters are either Goody Two-Shoes' ladies or evil/power hungry/greedy men. I rarely bother with background stories.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, Lilaina said:

That's easy. Personality-wise all my characters are either Goody Two-Shoes' ladies or evil/power hungry/greedy men. I rarely bother with background stories.

That's no fun! Where is the mage with distrust of Kirin Tor and PTSD from the fall of Dalaran? The bitter priest who is annoyed that idiots constantly get themselves into situations where they need healing? The stereotypically xenophobic ex-sentinel nelf warrior? The warlock who once went too far and whose psyche is torn and tired ever since?

Also dwarves. All dwarves can be essentially played as "too angry to be stopped," as that's the defining characteristic of dwarves.

Clearly you need to spend more time travelling by foot or riding a taxi across the entire Kalimdor :P.

Edited by Xaverius
3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Xaverius said:

That's no fun! Where is the mage with distrust of Kirin Tor and PTSD from the fall of Dalaran? The bitter priest who is annoyed that idiots constantly get themselves into situations where they need healing? The stereotypically xenophobic ex-sentinel nelf warrior? The warlock who once went too far and whose psyche is torn and tired ever since?

Also dwarves. All dwarves can be essentially played as "too angry to be stopped," as that's the defining characteristic of dwarves.

Clearly you need to spend more time travelling by foot or riding a taxi across the entire Kalimdor :P.

Great! Now gimme some back stories for all my horde toons. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/5/2017 at 11:42 PM, Ugondiss said:

Great! Now gimme some back stories for all my horde toons. 

Orc: Strength and honor. Humans smell bad and cannot be trusted. *pets wolf*

Troll: Vengeance for Zul'jin. If you are a hunter, get a raptor pet and raptor mount and obsess over dinosaurs.

Tauren: Either a racist caricature of native americans, or endless cow/moo/milk jokes and puns. If you were typing a sentence and it doesn't reference the fact that you are a cow, delete it.

Undead:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Hospitaller(:P) as a Paladin

bubblereck on par with cavalry :ph34r:

Otherwise;

boltingbob - survival hunter(pref dwarf)

 

 

Edited by Marbo
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I wanna roll sham, resto in vanilla and then ele in tbc. I just can't do a dps in vanilla unless I have a dedicated guild where I can always have a spot, hopefully the same applies for tbc. I always liked ele shams in tbc, heavy support with solid dps. I play a Druid right now on Kronos and am lvl 52, so soon I'll be vanilla endgame for the first time as a resto Druid, but as easy as it is to level druids it's so boring, energy ticks are not my style and I'm sick of staring at a cats ass all the time lol. 

Mage also sounds fun though, I love the idea of frost leveling in vanilla, only thing stopping me is I raised with a warlock on Excalibur so on tbc it will just feel a little too familiar. 

Hunter also, easy ass leveling in vanilla and monster dps in tbc. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-5-8 at 4:32 AM, WITCHCRAFT said:

Humans smell bad

-smells self- LIES!

I've never looked at WoW's races this way.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0