Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Antility

Hana Yori Dango MY REVIEW!!

50 posts in this topic

Hana Yori Dango is a Japanese Drama from 2005.  this is the 2nd Japanese drama I have watched and was very impressed by it!

rOwqtEu.jpg

I RATE THIS SHOW 9 GOLD STARS OUT OF 10

YOU CAN WATCH IT HERE

https://dramanice.ru/drama/hana-yori-dango-detail

9 episodes long

quick synopsis of the plot

Eitoku Academy is a school that caters to children from rich, high-society families. Hence, Tsukushi, who comes from a poor family, is considered by others to be the "weed" of the school. the school is ran by a group called F4 , 4 older students come from 4 different powerful rich families. their family's have given the school lots of money so F4 has free reign over the school and can do whatever they wan't (they don't even wear uniforms)

If you cross F4 or get on their bad side they will target you and bully you and turn the whole school against you until you quit going their. the leader of F4 (named Tsukasa Domyouji) takes an interest in Tsukushi because she is the only girl at Eitoku who does not fawn over him. 

this show was very good, the soundtrack, the acting, and the storyline are good! so I recommend it to anyone who wants to start watching a J-Drama!

this show is based off of a manga series, so because of this I think there is a couple slight problems with it, ill talk about in the spoilers below

1 thing about this show is, while it is presented as "non-fiction" there is some parts that would definitly not happen in real life. for example, this leader of F4 beats the chit out of a lot of people with no repurcussions. like if somebody does or says something he doesn't like (especially early on in the show) he just beats the crap out of people and never gets in trouble. when he should probably be arrested for assault lol. but maybe his family is so rich and powerful he can get away with it?

but the most egregious example of this would be when, a girl at the school is extremely jealous of tsukushi and how Domyouji is giving her attention. so this jealous girl, who turns out to be a psycho and is presumed to be involved in the sex industry pays 1 of her host friends to slip Tsukushi a date rape drug, and then the 2 take her to a hotel strip her down to underwear (this isn't shown but its implied) so that the guy can pose lying in bed with her while the other girl takes pictures. and she does this to try and frame tsukushi, and posts the pictures all over the school to make it seem she is a sloot who sleeps around.

F4 is now on Tsukushi's side because they know their leader Domyouji likes her. so they begin to help to try and figure out who did this. and then, the psycho girl basically kidnaps tsukushi to lure Domyouji to a building. then holds tsukushi at knife point while 3 guys gang beat Domyouji. and then after that is all finished, that same psycho girl still shows up to school, no police involvement or nothing. just shows up to school, and says how very sorry she is. was a big "wtf" moment rofl.

one thing I think the show could have done without was the "comic relief" type of character. which is an older woman who tsukushi works for. there were enough funny / humorous moments in the show that it didnt need this comic relief type of character, I just ended up getting annoyed every time she had any lines

this show does a good job of keeping you guessing what is going to happen, and its not really a sad or overly emotional drama, but there is some emotional parts, but nothing that will start to make you cry.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED IF YOU WANT TO START WATCHING FOREIGN TV SHOW!

VIDEO BELOW SHOWS CLIPS FROM THE FIRST 3-4 EPISODES IF YOU WANT TO SEE WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE

Edited by Antility

Fab darling! Any chance you could review something....I don't know....say gaming related? All this effort for off topic when I think you'd make a really good reviewer for games in a gamer forum. But what the hell do I know..

1 minute ago, Outstanding said:

Fab darling! Any chance you could review something....I don't know....say gaming related? All this effort for off topic when I think you'd make a really good reviewer for games in a gamer forum. But what the hell do I know..

I don't play any games lol

14 minutes ago, Outstanding said:

you going to start watching the show? :)

Wait.....What? Oh.. That community manager status. That's a tough one to answer. Out of respect to the project I am still under an NDA and I believe that integrity is important. So unless the NDA is lifted I'll limit my comments.

The main reason is that I had a hybrid role here. I represented the community to the staff, and represented the staff and the project to the community. Owing to events outside the control of the project, I found myself advocating stuff that wasn't compatible to my role.

So in the end, I'd become a complete hypocrite. I already was to a certain degree. Such is life, and I can't really say more at present.

3 hours ago, Outstanding said:

Wait.....What? Oh.. That community manager status.

so the more-frequent-than-2-weeks update channel from cf is broken.

I wish the website with a simple progress bar was online.

If cf aspires to become a good server it needs a healthy population, but the owners don't seek to start hyping it.

7 hours ago, Outstanding said:

Wait.....What? Oh.. That community manager status. That's a tough one to answer. Out of respect to the project I am still under an NDA and I believe that integrity is important. So unless the NDA is lifted I'll limit my comments.

The main reason is that I had a hybrid role here. I represented the community to the staff, and represented the staff and the project to the community. Owing to events outside the control of the project, I found myself advocating stuff that wasn't compatible to my role.

So in the end, I'd become a complete hypocrite. I already was to a certain degree. Such is life, and I can't really say more at present.

So... what happened to the role? Is there going to be a new CM? The idea was very nice to be honest. Could this have been announced in a thread that didn't had anything to do with a J-Drama show?

I'm aware that maybe some of these answers are beyond your knowledge, but I felt that CM position was half of the channels of communication on the server and cutting ties without a warning in a J-Drama show post is kind of wtf...

13 minutes ago, HarTstaRx said:

So... what happened to the role? Is there going to be a new CM? The idea was very nice to be honest. Could this have been announced in a thread that didn't had anything to do with a J-Drama show?

I'm aware that maybe some of these answers are beyond your knowledge, but I felt that CM position was half of the channels of communication on the server and cutting ties without a warning in a J-Drama show post is kind of wtf...

This. I know you can't say much due to NDA, but can you say if you or Dark will be addressing it in an official capacity in a relevant location?

2 hours ago, Retrac47 said:

This. I know you can't say much due to NDA, but can you say if you or Dark will be addressing it in an official capacity in a relevant location?

You have to take into account that I'm not part of the original staff. You already have community managers like Inari and Rooted. I was an added bonus based on the fallout from The Legacy Gaming Network. They really didn't want a repetition of that fiasco and they wanted a Canary in the coalmine....

Anyway, as I said with the NDA in place there will be no frank exchange of views and I won't be found lacking in gravitas.

15 hours ago, Lilaina said:

@Outstanding

What happened to your community manager status? :o

Outstanding got into a heated argument with Outstanding, and then Outstanding kicked him.

14 hours ago, Outstanding said:

So in the end, I'd become a complete hypocrite.

That's weird. Never heard about that species of cow.

18 hours ago, Outstanding said:

So when the server releases, will the full details of everything be let out?

TAKE YOUR STUPID DISCUSSION SOMEWHERE ELSE

STOP HIJACKING MY THREAD

15 hours ago, Outstanding said:

You have to take into account that I'm not part of the original staff

So...u got fired or u resign?

2 hours ago, Sallerius said:

So...u got fired or u resign?

It's unfair to continue this conversation on this thread.

3 hours ago, DonnyDonowitz said:

0/0 Will not watch K-PoP teen drama. Not my cup of tea. 

it's not k-pop

it's Japanese,  i've learned that Japanese products are superior to korean.

the only reason korean stuff is popular is because they try to appeal and market to western fans, when Japan doesn try to.  but japanese stuff is better :)

10 hours ago, DonnyDonowitz said:

0/0 Will not watch K-PoP teen drama. Not my cup of tea. 

2 hours ago, Lloyd said:

can you please not post any stupid meme videos in this thread,  make a seperate thread if you want to trashtalk me

11 hours ago, Svensson said:

O shit he's back lmao

you remember me or something?

4 hours ago, Antility said:

can you please not post any stupid meme videos in this thread,  make a seperate thread if you want to trashtalk me

If it makes you feel better. I was genuinely stating my opinion. Not trash talking your taste as I see you put a lot of effort in this.

i would love to see your reviews on series like Iron Fist or GoT. Just the oriental soap operas are not my style. It's a culture that I respect but can't take it seriously. 

Nonetheless, I will not post more if it's not thread related as this got a lot of shit posts already.