Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
worldfu

Last hope "Crestfall"

40 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I know that crestfall team is doing a great job but after that elysuim drama i start to lose some hope but i have no other choice than waiting for crestfall to save pservers community and take us to a safe land , we are drowning here .

For a year i have tested almost every single pserve from south America to Germany to warm to gs , dw and so many others : 

.Some have the best script :D but they don't have rdf and others have p2w shop :3

. Others  also have the best script i ever saw but "ich spreche kein deutsch" or "no hablo espanol" Special thx to google translate :D

.Low population , over populated, with really bad script 

. Others they don't know what the fu#$ they are doing 

This journey have taught me that we shouldn't complaine too much about scripting , there is no such a thing as a perfect scripted private server , it's for free for god sakes , but Crestfall seems to be different from others : pte , cross realm , over 4 years working for free "big up guys" ,active development ... 

I'm not expecting from crestfall to be a free retail version , i'm not expecting from crestfall to be perfect but i have a message to Crestfall team " with persistency and consistency........ SUCCESS will follow " so please don't blow ower dream away .

One last thing                                                                                      FOR THE HORDE 

11111.png.01c1ade8cf22ba9f93a8a2d2f2f7730a.png.f7cb684968e562f621e87a2af3ae5ed9.png

Edited by worldfu

Posted (edited)

27 minutes ago, worldfu said:

I know that crestfall team is doing a great job

How do You know it? Did something leaked and I missed it? There's actually no info what CF team is doing (well there's still every 2 week update about what's done but to be sure You don't know what's done, what need to be fixed etc. Not even talking about ~9471892 bugs that we are going to find during open beta and after server release).

after that elysuim drama i start to lose some hope but i have no other choice than waiting for crestfall to save pservers community and take us to a safe land , we are drowning here .

For a year i have tested almost every single pserve from south America to Germany to warm to gs , dw and so many others : 

.Some have the best script :D but they don't have rdf and others have p2w shop :3

. Others  also have the best script i ever saw but "ich spreche kein deutsch" or "no hablo espanol" Special thx to google translate :D

.Low population , over populated, with really bad script 

. Others they don't know what the fu#$ they are doing 

So You don't play WoW but you just test servers. I'm not sure if I understand but You are testing servers you are not going to play on (because you wanna play Cresstfall and only crestfall, nothing else). You know nothing about the CF server but in your mind it's better than all other p-servers you tested. 

This journey have taught me that we shouldn't complaine too much about scripting , there is no such a thing as a perfect scripted private server , it's for free for god sakes , and than we find Crestfall : pte , cross realm , over 4 years working for free "big up guys" ,active development ... 

Do You know how many exact posts been made on Corecraft forum?

I'm not expecting from crestfall to be a free retail version , i'm not expecting from crestfall to be perfect but i have a message to Crestfall team " with persistency and consistency........ SUCCESS will follow " so please don't blow ower dream away .

Again... There are servers with "BEST SCRIPTS EVER SEEN" but You still wanna play CF... Oh the language barrier - welcome to the internet.

Please, be realist.

Edited by duzyizly

Posted (edited)

@duzyizly you seem like a pro player i'm not like you but i've been playing world of warcraft from 2009 in frensh ivalive-sienna i played there for about 5 years as a pvp player "Takrizz" , also i have played on millinuim and molten so i know so much about privat than you that's for sure  

And just a question for you tell me if you can work for free in a long time project and please just read what i say about " BEST SCRIPTS EVER SEEN" if you want to to alt tab google translate while rainding than off you go 

if you don't believe in crestfall project what the heck are you doing here !!

Edited by worldfu

I can only agree with you worldfu, private scene really need some shiny realm, but unfortunately duzyizly is also right in some things.. For example the radio silence on forum.
Yea we have some info from Darkrasp but it still not enough to be satisfied. He said himself its more like blog for him... I mean... we can see some ppl with title "beta tester", but damn.. i check this forum every day for almost year and cant find anything from them or any big topic from Asura about wtf is going on.  What is going on then? Do they test some specific locations/spells/talents/quests/dungeons/raids/NPCs or what? Also why there is not some topic from testing how things looks like?

I guess alot of us here play this game for many years on private scene and everything what we read until this moment about this project fill us with enthusiasm. But we have been also fucked hard many times. 

Posted (edited)

@Elanthus i'm 100 % with your thoughts about crestfall after that elysuim thing i have never seen Asura posting anything , and launching without cross realm was really disappointing to me but let's be real , this guys try to bring us the best private server ever made for FREE so encouraging them is our duty, let us dream big for crestfall 

Edited by worldfu

44 minutes ago, worldfu said:

@duzyizly you seem like a pro player i'm not like you but i've been playing world of warcraft from 2009 in frensh ivalive-sienna i played there for about 5 years as a pvp player "Takrizz" , also i have played on millinuim and molten so i know so much about privat than you that's for sure  

And just a question for you tell me if you can work for free in a long time project and please just read what i say about " BEST SCRIPTS EVER SEEN" if you want to to alt tab google translate while rainding than off you go 

if you don't believe in crestfall project what the heck are you doing here !!

I'm realist, not a beliver guy.

I'm not "feed by hype" just because I was related with Corecraft.

I'm here because I like this forum and MAYBE I will be able to play this server once it's released (if it's will be as good as expected).
But I'm not like waiting againg 3 years for a "perfect server" - I'm enjoying the game by playing other p-server.

The idea of PTE seems to be most attractive to me here, it might also bring more devoted player.

Btw. a "pro player" - I think too many ppl misunderstand the meaning of "pro". I don't get payment for playing this game.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, worldfu said:

@Elanthus i'm 100 % with your thoughts about crestfall after that elysuim thing i have never seen Asura posting anything , and launching without cross realm was really disappointing to me but let's be real , this guys try to bring us the best private server ever made for FREE so encouraging them is our duty, let us dream big for crestfall 

You know matey... thats the thing... i keep reading this all the time. It was on every private realm - "We do this for you guys, we do this for free, we do this because it needs to be done" etc etc... It was on Kronos, Nostalrius, Rebirth, Elysium, Hellground, Corecraft, PlayTBC and so on...... Everyone promise the best experience and top quality, but we all know how these projects ends... 
I truelly want to see this project alive but sadly my experience from other projects (and dont mistake me, i play this game for 11 years) taught me there is no justice in this world =)).. so keep calm head and dont be fanboy bcs it ends bad :(

Edited by Elanthus

@Elanthus borther we share same idea and that's why i'm waiting for crestfall to not fall :P hope that this project to win our bet on best private server . Till we meet again , hopefully with each other on the horde side :D 

@duzyizly  I don't know what's the probleme between us, we crealy share the same thoughts we want this server to work badly , we both enjoy the pte project and we all have been also fucked  hard many times like Elanthus sayes . So pick Alliance and maybe when crestfall launch i will show you how you could be a pro player without been payed :D

If you place so much faith in the server that you think it will single handedly save the entire scene and be the best server ever, you're on for massive disappointment.

No server will be that good. If you want Crestfall to release any time in the next 10 years, it will have bugs. Nature of the beast. You want it flawless? Be prepared to wait a very, very, very long time.

^ That is a general observation, and not a comment on the current quality or possible lack thereof in the current CF beta. Read into that what you will.

I present to you...

The Great Hope, circa 1030
-- artist unknown

thegreathope.png

Where is the Fellowship of the Testers?

8 minutes ago, Chickengrease said:

I present to you...

-- artist unknown

thegreathope.png

3 hours ago, Elanthus said:

I can only agree with you worldfu, private scene really need some shiny realm, but unfortunately duzyizly is also right in some things.. For example the radio silence on forum.
Yea we have some info from Darkrasp but it still not enough to be satisfied. He said himself its more like blog for him... I mean... we can see some ppl with title "beta tester", but damn.. i check this forum every day for almost year and cant find anything from them or any big topic from Asura about wtf is going on.  What is going on then? Do they test some specific locations/spells/talents/quests/dungeons/raids/NPCs or what? Also why there is not some topic from testing how things looks like?

I guess alot of us here play this game for many years on private scene and everything what we read until this moment about this project fill us with enthusiasm. But we have been also fucked hard many times. 

I'm satisfied. It's your own issue that you're not.

Yeah, I'd like to see more, but they're playing it quiet and cautious since everything blew up with Elysium.

And, really, it doesn't matter, because this is a social place, minus the biweekly check to see what new info is out.
Spend your time elsewhere. Have fun. Live life.

Elanthus

22 minutes ago, Elicas said:

If you place so much faith in the server that you think it will single handedly save the entire scene and be the best server ever, you're on for massive disappointment.

No server will be that good. If you want Crestfall to release any time in the next 10 years, it will have bugs. Nature of the beast. You want it flawless? Be prepared to wait a very, very, very long time.

^ That is a general observation, and not a comment on the current quality or possible lack thereof in the current CF beta. Read into that what you will.

I'm not waiting for crestfall to be perfect i know it won't and finally a beta tester share a honest thoughts :P

Just now, worldfu said:

Elanthus

I'm not waiting for crestfall to be perfect i know it won't and finally a beta tester share a honest thoughts :P

Ofc it wont be perfect... But private community dont want to see another epic fail like Corecraft - wait for some dream several years and then nothing. Community dont want to see another playbtc- alot of promises and then nothing after release. Ppl dont want to see another wowserver or hellground with shady shop where you can actually buy gear. For example Elysium has all of this... Ragnaros was killed on first run where none of those fellas actualyl has reputation with hydraxians for summoning mayordomo, that project promised something which they cant give the community, it was/maybe still is a paradise for chinese farmers and other idiots who destroyd your game feeling. 
The point is... can Crestfall actually eliminate these things? You can have the best loot system, which they made few months, they can have the best quests/dungeons scripts/events or whatever but if they cant prevent previously mentioned things its useless anyway.. 

Thats why me and alot of my friends, who want to play here, would like to see official statement or update or whatever whats actually going on here.

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Elanthus said:

Only a total idiot and sheep can write such a bullshit. So much for your comment :p...

Sorry, what there was bullshit? Can your non-idiotsheep mind elucidate on that?

Or is it me being a total idiot thinking you have a life worth living beyond WoW? ;)

Edited by myrnym

We all know this will never release, we just torture ourselves!!! lol...

9 hours ago, Elanthus said:

Only a total idiot and sheep can write such a bullshit. So much for your comment :p...

If you want the CF devs lurking on these forums to take you seriously and provide more information on how the project is coming along, you should probably work on your rhetorical skills first. Posts like this will more likely have the opposite effect to what your trying to achieve here.

11 hours ago, Chickengrease said:

I present to you...

-- artist unknown

thegreathope.png

Not enough googly eyes on Bloo. Give it to Arrow to finish off.

You wont be getting the major update you want to see any time soon. We've got no CM and there is no dialogue between the forum and the devs, which is the way they currently want things to be. You'll get the biweekly update from Darkrasp for the foreseeable future. Possibly some extra minor announcements because there is still a lot of misinformation about where we currently are. I've poked Dark to post some more information, but they'll do what they want to do and what they think is right for them.

Posted (edited)

59 minutes ago, Elicas said:

You wont be getting the major update you want to see any time soon. We've got no CM and there is no dialogue between the forum and the devs, which is the way they currently want things to be. You'll get the biweekly update from Darkrasp for the foreseeable future. Possibly some extra minor announcements because there is still a lot of misinformation about where we currently are. I've poked Dark to post some more information, but they'll do what they want to do and what they think is right for them.

The big question is: why Asura decided to hide development status?

If development is slower than imagined and they still need 2 years to release, they would benefit from saying it: people would stop creating these threads, stop asking for updates and would not have their 'last hopes' broken by a major 'delay' (from what they expected, or were told). Then hyping it now is a bad idea and they should just be frank and cool things down.

If they are getting comfortable with the progress and release is emminent, they would also benefit from saying it: hyping the server and atracting a big player base is needed in order to get a healty population and to provide a good WoW experience. Elysium is bleeding players by the hour and many of these might leave the emulation scene for good if there is no clear signs of a good alternative. Players from projects running 2.0+ will also come, but in much lower numbers as CF supposedly is planned to start with 1.X.

If development is on track and release is to be expected until the end of 2017, then where the hell is the website with a progress bar? Why bi-weekly updates where very basic aspects of development are being described? (Energy generation, weapon procs, etc...) There will be a plethora of higher complexity bugs only seen during a larger scale testing but from what Darkrasp describes, they are still plagued by lower level ones.

My guess to answer the question formulated in the first line of this post is: 'because they know release will be way overdue their 2017 mark'. Judging simply from the frequency and content of the so-called 'Darkrasp's Updates', that seems to be a reasonable conclusion. If you disagree, please let me know why.

Edited by loeth

12 hours ago, Elicas said:

You want it flawless?

Be prepared to pay 5-10euros a month. I think thats fair.

18 minutes ago, loeth said:

The big question is: why Asura decided to hide development status?

If development is slower than imagined and they still need 2 years to release, they would benefit from saying it: people would stop creating these threads, stop asking for updates and would not have their 'last hopes' broken by a major 'delay' (from what they expected, or were told). Then hyping it now is a bad idea and they should just be frank and cool things down.

If they are getting comfortable with the progress and release is emminent, they would also benefit from saying it: hyping the server and atracting a big player base is needed in order to get a healty population and to provide a good WoW experience. Elysium is bleeding players by the hour and many of these might leave the emulation scene for good if there is no clear signs of a good alternative. Players from projects running 2.0+ will also come, but in much lower numbers as CF supposedly is planned to start with 1.X.

If development is on track and release is to be expected until the end of 2017, then where the hell is the website with a progress bar? Why bi-weekly updates where very basic aspects of development are being described? (Energy generation, weapon procs, etc...) There will be a plethora of higher complexity bugs only seen during a larger scale testing but from what Darkrasp describes, they are still plagued by lower level ones.

My guess to answer the question formulated in the first line of this post is: 'because they know release will be way overdue their 2017 mark'. Judging simply from the frequency and content of the so-called 'Darkrasp's Updates', that seems to be a reasonable conclusion. If you disagree, please let me know why.

Baring in mind i'm constrained by the NDA;

Asura still says they can release by the end of the year.

Beta testers have seen the website that was promised last year, but it hasn't been made live yet. The status and progress bar will be kept hidden because they don't want the wider public to know where they are at development wise. I keep saying this is a stupid stance, but Asura literally doesn't care about anyone elses opinions, everything is done his way or the highway. He doesn't want the site live yet, so it isn't live yet. Release is not imminent, and they do not want a high population like Elysium.

I can't answer in any more depth than that without breaking my word not to leak stuff from the beta.

Just now, Sallerius said:

Be prepared to pay 5-10euros a month. I think thats fair.

I'd quite happily pay a subscription fee again, if the server was worthwhile.

I'd be happy to dish out some money too if the server is as good as they're saying.