Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
worldfu

Last hope "Crestfall"

41 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I very gladly would pay for quality. I still subscribe to Ryzom 2 years since I last played it, just because it is such a brillant game.

But I wonder how good can CF really turn out. Some people who really care about the server like Elicas (thanks for the reply) and Outstanding, maybe the 2 most active community members, have no voice in this little dictatorship of Asura. On top of that, many things point now to a very late 2017 release at best.

Between keeping your 'community' benched and then disappointed with delays or just announcing a 2018 release, the latters seems more reasonable.

In past matters like the LGN, it turned out the community was right. Ignoring it over and over is no longer a mistake, but stupidity. Nevertheless, knowing Crestfall will also be my last WoW experience, I also hope it turns out to be a real/good server.

Edited by loeth

2 hours ago, Elicas said:

You wont be getting the major update you want to see any time soon. We've got no CM and there is no dialogue between the forum and the devs, which is the way they currently want things to be. You'll get the biweekly update from Darkrasp for the foreseeable future. Possibly some extra minor announcements because there is still a lot of misinformation about where we currently are. I've poked Dark to post some more information, but they'll do what they want to do and what they think is right for them.

I know I might be in the minority here, but that's fine by me. They don't owe me shit. If I ever get to play this, I suspect I'll owe them. Guess I'll find other ways to waste my life away. 

11 minutes ago, loeth said:

But I wonder how good can CF really turn out. Some people who really care about the server like Elicas (thanks for the reply) and Outstanding, maybe the 2 most active community members, have no voice in this little dictatorship of Asura. On top of that, many things point now to a very late 2017 release at best.

A minor correction here; I never said we didn't have a voice. All beta testers freely and regularly give their opinions on everything about the server, and I've had multiple, heated, exchanges with both Asura and Darkrasp about the direction of the server with no fear of losing my place in the beta. They do listen. However, they have their own opinions on both how the server should be run and how they want it to turn out, and nothing anyone says will change that.

A lot of people will have to adjust to Asura if they decide to play here. He doesn't care about hype, he doesn't care about the forums, he doesn't care about 99% of people on the scene at large and he doesn't care about deadlines (self imposed or otherwise). The server will release when he is satisfied with it and not a second before, bugs will get fixed in the order he deems is important regardless of community outcry, and decisions will be made depending on what he wants to do/happen, not what the community wants.

He's lead dev, admin, project manager and spokesman all in one, and nothing will change that, beyond him walking away from Crestfall.

Every server is a dictatorship. That's how the scene has always been, the person paying for/running the server has final say in everything, period. I can't think of a single server that doesn't have one person with "final decision" privileges.

Posted (edited)

I just hope the community will be fresher. Ely was nost 2.0 and a completely shit community, was nothing like nost pre shutdown.

i sincerely hope a good bunch of them stay over there. So that we can build a new community.

Edited by Marbo

Suprise. Suprise? Suprise!

Im impation person when comes to waitting. How abaut you?

6 hours ago, Elicas said:

Asura literally doesn't care about anyone elses opinions, everything is done his way or the highway. 

0A4343CD-D984-46E7-AA96-CEABD184E6D2-2067-000002F8B71BC6A8.png

Posted (edited)

This server has/will have one major problem which is the shit vanilla community that is out there right now, and that is jumping projects like a swarm of locusts, Nost > k2 > ely, none of these servers was fun to play on, thanks to them.

I think we all can agree on that the Elysium Project is already dead, we know it, they know it, they are ready to drop Elysium like a hot potatoe, just as they dropped other servers before, when the next best thing was available, and they eagerly set their eyes on CF as the next target.

And soon they will be here with their toxicity, their nolife pvp ranking schemes, their gold making/supply mafia schemes, their systematic harassment schemes, which makes it basically impossible for any "normal" and "sane" persons with a life to enjoy these servers.

Edited by Wowboy

45 minutes ago, Wowboy said:

This server has/will have one major problem which is the shit vanilla community that is out there right now, and that is jumping projects like a swarm of locusts, Nost > k2 > ely, none of these servers was fun to play on, thanks to them.

I think we all can agree on that the Elysium Project is already dead, we know it, they know it, they are ready to drop Elysium like a hot potatoe, just as they dropped other servers before, when the next best thing was available, and they eagerly set their eyes on CF as the next target.

And soon they will be here with their toxicity, their nolife pvp ranking schemes, their gold making/supply mafia schemes, their systematic harassment schemes, which makes it basically impossible for any "normal" and "sane" persons with a life to enjoy these servers.

many of those players can easily be filtered out by releasing 4 servers across the span of a month and not doing it all at once

first, you release the first server, a pvp server, and it gets some thousand players at release

then people see that the server is what it was coughed up to be, so another pvp server is released a week later and even more of those you'd call locusts join that server

then you release another pvp server 3 weeks later for the players who don't wanna play with those guys, such as yourself, though some of them are gonna play on that server anyway; the pve server is also released then

On 26/04/2017 at 7:08 PM, Elicas said:

A lot of people will have to adjust to Asura if they decide to play here. He doesn't care about hype, he doesn't care about the forums, he doesn't care about 99% of people on the scene at large and he doesn't care about deadlines (self imposed or otherwise).

I think I'm OK with this. I dunno. For a start you can't please everyone anyway and also I would rather a strong dictator than a corrupt money grubber. The Vanilla wow scene is fairly toxic so I've got no problem with Asura telling people to shove off.

Eh..

On 5/2/2017 at 10:00 PM, Planks said:

I think I'm OK with this. I dunno. For a start you can't please everyone anyway and also I would rather a strong dictator than a corrupt money grubber. The Vanilla wow scene is fairly toxic so I've got no problem with Asura telling people to shove off.

Eh..

Word

On 3. 5. 2017 at 0:28 AM, Wowboy said:

This server has/will have one major problem which is the shit vanilla community that is out there right now

It's ok, they're all moving to TBC. Who even cares about vanilla anymore :P.

Posted (edited)

They should jsut abandon vanilla and make a TBC server. With stupidest rank pvp system/unending premades vs pugs on bgs/huge ammount of easy mafia goldfarmingselling schemes most of people could realize that vanilla is horseshit and would never play it again.

Edited by Homu

10 hours ago, Homu said:

They should jsut abandon vanilla and make a TBC server. With stupidest rank pvp system/unending premades vs pugs on bgs/huge ammount of easy mafia goldfarmingselling schemes most of people could realize that vanilla is horseshit and would never play it again.

guys i think this is bait

11 hours ago, Homu said:

You think you do, but you don't

Posted (edited)

This guy made his forum account only to troll in this "vanilla is bad" fashion, I'm impressed.

Edited by Macu

People playing wow on blizzard servers are not better or worst then others who plays on private servers. All about comunity: Friends, parties and guilds who make server live and grow like Nostalrius.