Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DonnyDonowitz

[Report] GS Website using your trademark

Evening Crestfall staff,

I don't know if it has already come to your attention but it seems that some people are trying to bait unaware people into scams using your projects name and information.

While I was researching for the forum in google, this as came to my attention. 

Things like this might damage some of Crestfall's name integrity and that they are taking advantage of some unaware people I can't just stand.

I don't know if something can be done from your part, however, I'm just letting people know to be aware as some might get baited into this scam.

IMG_0366.PNG

IMG_0367.PNG

Edited by DonnyDonowitz

There's gold selling sites like that for all private servers. Here's the one for Nostalrius http://nostalrius.net/ and Kronos http://kronosgold.net/ etc etc... 

But yes, the staff is fully aware of this for a long time now and has been discussed on these forums several times too :)

2 minutes ago, Cruzix said:

There's gold selling sites like that for all private servers. Here's the one for Nostalrius http://nostalrius.net/ and Kronos http://kronosgold.net/ etc etc... 

But yes, the staff is fully aware of this for a long time now and has been discussed on these forums several times too :)

Cheers, mate. Guess I'm quite late. Nevertheless, it's here. Just in case. Just found it odd as the server hasn't released yet. 

2 minutes ago, DonnyDonowitz said:

Cheers, mate. Guess I'm quite late. Nevertheless, it's here. Just in case. Just found it odd as the server hasn't released yet. 

Even the sellers are aware of the prowess of Crestfall, huehue.

As CF is a decidedly less-than-legal operation per IP law, making an IP claim in Trademark would probably be more to the detriment of CF by drawing undue attention from the big-bad-ActiBlizzard.

Most that can be done is to let people know its a scam/permabannable/or whatever

this can easily be solved by putting in big font on the front page of every forum and on crestfall's main website that YOU WILL GET PERMANENTLY BANNED WITH ABSOLUTELY NO EXCEPTIONS FOR BUYING GOLD FROM ANY SOURCE AT ALL FOR ANY OF OUR SERVERS EVEN IF LITERALLY ANYBODY INCLUDING CROGGE AND ASURA STATES OTHERWISE(as they might get impersonated); DO NOT GET SCAMMED BY GOLD SELLERS

i wouldn't put it past the Chinese gold sellers and whatnot to make a fake post from Asura claiming that its "okay to buy gold at <website name here>"

Edited by Aquane

I only saw this today(sorry but i was offline for a while =D )
It saddens me that the gold sellers don't just dig a hole and stay there for the rest of their lives.

To be fair, Crestfall, Zul'Dare and Kul Tiras are all lore things based in WoW, but it's shady money trading bastards so fuck 'em!

(history lesson time)
Kul Tiras was a human nation focused on trade. Zul'dare and Crestfall are both locations on the islands of Kul Tiras! Fun fact: Kul Tiras is mostly unincluded in WoW! A bit ironic that a great private server coming up is named after something Blizzard is actively hiding and not including into their game..

20 minutes ago, BallsMalloney said:

Zul'dare and Crestfall are both locations on the islands of Kul Tiras!

According to the WoW manual (or Lands of Conflict from the Warcraft table-top RPG, if you prefer) they're actually islands of their own situated north/northeast of Kul'Tiras.

6 hours ago, Shoraine said:

they're actually islands of their own situated north/northeast of Kul'Tiras.

This is true, thus I said Islands and not Island of Kul Tiras. It's a shame we don't have them in game, especially because Kul Tiras is the best human nation.

Map of Kul Tiras.jpg

Edited by BallsMalloney
picture

15 hours ago, Xaverius said:

The wow development map. Unfortunately, all we got to see of Kul Tiras was Tol Barad, and only as a useless (pvp in other words) zone.

Ye, such fail by blizz team. Kul Tiras pvp zone would be so much better idea.