Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WITCHCRAFT

Character Names up for grabs - Idea Thread

Posted (edited)

Post names you would use if you played a certain race/class, but aren't gonna use.

Yotsuba, female gnome warrior with green braided hair

2bixaEO.jpg

I did this on Rebirth. Was fun tanking as literally the smallest character possible.

VoodooPrincess, for lady troll. Great for a shaman, priest, or mage.

SEXECUTIONER, hot lady paladin. I've seen high tier plate and mail. It's all boob windows and mithril bikinis. Accept your fate.

STREAKER, world PVP asshole alt. Be a naked level ?? guy in low level PVP zones. Focus your whole build on GOING FAST. You can't beat anyone your level in PVP, but you can lead them on a wild goose chase, naked as a jaybird the whole time.

MrClean, bald male paladin. Make jokes about Scrubbin' Bubbles etc. as you heal.

Spineshank, undead rogue. Always loved rogues with eye-rollingly BADASS names.

If I end up going horde b/c following old clanmates, I will play tauren shaman since I have never tried either race or class. Need some good tauren pun names. Any suggestions?

Edited by WITCHCRAFT

On Nostalrius, I was doing some lvl 30 elite quest, going down into a druid barrow as a party. We had gotten 3/4 of the quest doodads, but then at the bottom of this fucking bear tunnel with no other players around, we get ganked by a level 60 rogue.

Her name was BLACKSTABBATH

this is a real thing that really happened and that was their name

threads like this aren't such a good idea unless you don't mind someone else using the name you wanna use

Nice try. You'll never get my secret list!

arthis, gooldan, ilidin, bovar, thrul, xxdethxxx

plz dont use my sercet list o fnams

I had a female be pally named her Tankeralla prot spec of course.  I didn't keep her just was messing around with names.

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, Aquane said:

threads like this aren't such a good idea unless you don't mind someone else using the name you wanna use

That's the point. These are names I'm not gonna use, so they are up for grabs.

3 hours ago, Malediction said:

arthis

I remember screenshots when WotLK death knights were brand new, every single variation of AARTHAAS XARTHUSX ĂRTHĂS

Edited by WITCHCRAFT

Hey,
1st of all:
Rogues names are usually "stupid-fun-w/e-childish-idontknow" like stabyou, ambushehe, stabstabstab, xproxpvpx, ililiililii...

I have a "secret" recipe for charcter names (well I don't use it but...). So the big secret is to add some prefix to your name for example if you are playing priest and you gonna name your character "Tommy" you can also call it "FatherTommy", beacause "Father" is some way to call priest (in Christianity or anywhere I dont know). Hey! "Rabbi" also works I think...
Some prefixes/affixes that are actually familiar with a class (or race), because trolls are obviously Indians (no offence), and orcs are WWE fighters.

So:
"Father/Rabbi" for Priests
"Khan/Ataman" for Shamans
"Sorceror/Summoner/Conjurer/Maharaja" for Warlocks/Mages
"Smith" for Humans (JohnSmith anyone?), "Kowalski" works aswell
"youarenoob/mepwnyoulol" for rogues
etc

1 hour ago, duzyizly said:

Rogues names are usually "stupid-fun-w/e-childish-idontknow" like stabyou, ambushehe, stabstabstab, xproxpvpx, ililiililii..

There was one guy on Nost, ud rogue "sneakyboner" .And i stupido asked him "are u undead?"(obvious right).His reply was -  "im just happy to see u". Barrens chat...

Matt - Dwarf Paladin

On 4/30/2017 at 3:48 PM, duzyizly said:

"Khan/Ataman" for Shamans

Ooh! Thanks for the idea.

Tengri would be a pro shaman name. I really like that WoW orcs are Mongols, Uralic/Siberian and Native American cultures smushed into one. It's a refreshing take compared to "green humens, always evil alignment" and gives all the more lore reason for them to ally with Tauren.

A lot of WoW races are 2-3 real life cultures crunched into one. Night Elves have a Greco-Roman thing going on, as well as Celtic/Druidic stuff, and some Feudal Japan thrown in. Trolls are kind of stereotypical to the point of almost being racist, but combine Caribbean, African, and Central American cultures into one. I love the tropical Mayan ruins theme of STV and Zul'Gurub.

Blizzard's visual/lore crew did a fantastic job. It helps that WoW's style has aged fairly well. Kind of like Wind Waker on the GameCube. It holds up a lot better than the "super realistic" graphic style that other MMOs at the time used.

Posted (edited)

23 minutes ago, WITCHCRAFT said:

Mongols

Pretty sure that's centaurs. And Pandaria cows because blizz can't keep it consistent.

23 minutes ago, WITCHCRAFT said:

It holds up a lot better than the "super realistic" graphic style that other MMOs at the time used.

Doesn't apply to the WoD models though. Those are already looking old :v.

Edited by Xaverius

2 hours ago, WITCHCRAFT said:

Tengri would be a pro shaman name

I rolled shaman Tengrim on Nost. 

Undead Rogue named Xsephirothx preferably leveled whilst listening to Linkin Park

On 4/26/2017 at 7:48 AM, WITCHCRAFT said:

If I end up going horde b/c following old clanmates, I will play tauren shaman since I have never tried either race or class. Need some good tauren pun names. Any suggestions?

How about

Cowpun/Animalpun/Tastymilk/Beefsupreme/Cowabunga/Ataurable

2 hours ago, Svensson said:

How about

Cowpun/Animalpun/Tastymilk/Beefsupreme/Cowabunga/Ataurable

Bulldozer.

On 5/3/2017 at 11:32 AM, Svensson said:

How about

Cowpun

If only humans and tauren were on the same side. Level up a human guy named Manbun and a tauren named Cowpun together.

Goblin or Dwarf tankname - Tankabbott (Classic MMA fighter David "Tank" Abbott)