Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Elicas

New Community Manager

39 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Firstly I'd like to congratulate you Elicas, gratz!

I'm quite interseted in knowing whether @Outstanding would be a Community Manager ever again. Will he have a resignation post of some sort? Is this only temporal or is it going to stay like this for the forseeable future?

Appreciate the answers!

Edited by Clavus

4 minutes ago, Clavus said:

Firstly I'd like to congratulate you Elicas, gratz!

I'm quite interseted in knowing whether @Outstanding would be a Community Manager ever again. Will he have a resignation post of some sort? Is this only temporal or is it going to stay like this for the forseeable future?

Appreciate the answers!

Thank you!

The short answer is, I don't know.

The long answer;

Outstanding has left with his reputation intact and no ill feeling from either party. I agree with some of his reasons for leaving and disagree with others, but to share them publicly would break a bond of trust between us that I have a lot of respect for. He may very well fill the role again (and as a personal opinion only I hope he does), and he may very well have a resignation post if he feels that he requires one.

Congrats for you Elicas and I'm sad to see @Outstanding's resignation. :(

Anyway I'm glad we will have more info on what's going on and thanks to all of you for your time and effort! Keep up the good work!

Congratulation from my side as well :) . I would like to ask, what is planned for pvp. When Elysium launched( to my knowledge) they opened wsg and ab ( allthough wsg shouldn't be available at Launch if we're talking patch 1.1., ab even less. )  And they opened maraudon as well. Something I can understand and somewhat appreciated.

But how is Crestfall going to handle this? Will there be only the 1.1 stuff? Will there be maraudon from Launch. WIll there be bg's, at least one? And if not, will lthere be at least the honor System?

Thank you for your answers in advance :).

Thanks for the update, and congratulations on your new position! I am glad to see that the role will not be left void, and I look forward to the new lines of communication.

Thanks again to @Outstanding for serving this community in both official and unofficial capacities.

All hail to the new Outstanding!

Posted (edited)

Congratulations and thanks for taking on the role! You're doing a big thing for the community. So was Outstanding and so will every other (possible) future CM.

I hope nothing really bad happened. I won't dig for details I'm not fit to know of so I'll trust in what's written here and assume everything is A-OK backstage. No reason not to.

Outstanding the Community Manager will live on in our hearts.

Outstanding the cow fisherman (fishercow?) will hopefully still bring joy to our hearts with forum statistics and... other things that pillars of the community do. (Jokes aside, much respect)

P.S Xaverius will be the next CM. Calling it.

Edited by VeloxBanks

1 hour ago, VeloxBanks said:

So was Outstanding and so will every other (possible) future CM.

I bet this role will be akin to teaching defense against the dark arts in Hogwarts. Outstanding lasted a couple of weeks. Any bets on how long Elicas will last? :D

Congratz @Elicas,

I know you do great work and invest alot of your free-time in progression, so I am verry happy to see that your effort will be rewarded.

It's so good to see that so many known ppl from this pserver scene/community working together for one project that I just can't wait to create my character once again.

Cant wait for updates! 

Posted (edited)

First of all, I'm happy it's you filling this role, like Outstanding, you're pretty well known in the community, and you do a lot of high quality posts without showing any favouritism. I feel you're someone who says it how it is, so to speak, and I'm happy for that.

Secondly, the changes moving forwards as outlined in your post is exactly what Crestfall needs, and addresses probably the biggest issue some people have with the project. You can never please everyone, but this is a solid step in the right direction.

Overall, I'm happy about this, thanks for the hard work, as you know, it's highly appreciated.

Edited by Pvt_8Ball

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Lilaina said:

I bet this role will be akin to teaching defense against the dark arts in Hogwarts. Outstanding lasted a couple of weeks. Any bets on how long Elicas will last? :D

Image result for snape

Thanks for the kind words all. I've spent much of the afternoon working with several team members outlining some upcoming announcements and detail posts.

Nothing major mind you (don't get hyped please), but some things that will hopefully go some way towards repairing some of the damage done by the staff being silent for so long.

Edited by Elicas

Looking forward to these updates and congratulations Elicas, there are ppl who stand out in the CF community (for the right reasons :D ) and yourself and Outstanding are two of them.

GL o7

Greetings all. Let's make this brief (for me)

First up, great that @Elicas is stepping into the role as community manager (temp). I can think of no finer or more appropriate person. Knowing the unbelievable amount of work he's put into the project so far, I'm pretty sure the community will see the benefits shortly. Just please don't bait the bear, he has a terribly short temper and doesn't suffer fools at all.

As for myself, it's true. I left the role as community manager for a variety of reasons as alluded to in a super hidden thread, and the main reason was nothing to do with the project or staff at all, but a by-product that left me advocating stuff that was contrary to my role in representing the community. I'm sure a screenshot will present itself at some point.

As to the other reasons, this is where I am obliged to show integrity, as it will directly convene the NDA I willingly signed up to. I'm happy to divulge these in a calm, rational, constructive and comprehensive fashion, but only if I am released from this clause.

That's pretty much it. The project and staff still have my support.

Posted (edited)

Congrats Elicas :D 

In my topic "last hope crestfall" you were clearly sharing a honest thoughts, without fearing to lose your beta tester spot so stay as you are .

My questions is , if crestfall team launch a vanilla server this year , the next expansions will be released in a margin rate of 1 to 5 years or a little bit longer !!?

11111.png.01c1ade8cf22ba9f93a8a2d2f2f7730a.png.f7cb684968e562f621e87a2af3ae5ed9.png

Edited by worldfu

Crestfall staff throwing the community a bone. Better then nothing I guess. 

6 minutes ago, worldfu said:

My questions is , if crestfall team launch a vanilla server this year , the next expansions will be released in a margin rate of 1 to 5 years or a little bit longer !!?

It is estimated that it each expansion will take around ~2 years. The full timeline hasn't yet been finalized, though preliminary TBC work has already begun and several zones have had their initial pass for scripting mobs and drop tables. Darkrasp mentioned he was doing this in one of his updates a little while back.

7 minutes ago, Ugondiss said:

Crestfall staff throwing the community a bone. Better then nothing I guess. 

Proof is in the doing, wait and see what we put out over the next few weeks.

Good luck and thanks for hearing some of us out and answering, Elicas. I hope the bandwidth of information from CF to the 'community' increases.

@Outstanding, do you still have access to the server? Is the fishing testing complete?

19 minutes ago, loeth said:

Good luck and thanks for hearing some of us out and answering, Elicas. I hope the bandwidth of information from CF to the 'community' increases.

@Outstanding, do you still have access to the server? Is the fishing testing complete?

No and no. But the fixes implemented were perfect. 

Coming next week: I'LL be the new manager! Muhahaha!

Posted (edited)

13 minutes ago, Outstanding said:

the [fishing] fixes implemented were perfect. 

Ah, glad to hear that. Thanks!

Edited by loeth

1 hour ago, DonnyDonowitz said:

How it all went down!

That is actually a 100% faithfully accurate representation of what happened.