Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
meph

Average DPS of classes based on gear level

What kind of damage difference between the same class are we talking about

No world buffs, just straight up preraid bis vs naxx geared class. 100%? 200%?

Friends are trying to tell me that the gear difference was as big as it is in current wow, but I remember that scaling was fairly low. Is my memory really that hazy?

All I know is that raid gear had a lot of resistances, and I suppose that was at the cost of "performance" stats, so the damage may not have been much higher.

You definitely scale A LOT faster with gear on current WoW, no doubt. 

On current WoW almost all BIS trinkets, weapons and set bonus's can give you a 20-30% (If not more) DPS increase from the 2nd-3rd BIS item, you wont see that big of a DPS boost in vanilla at all aside from maybe weapons but you don't even get a better weapon on every content update for some classes.

Now obviously there's gonna be a huge difference between a player that is MC and Naxx geared, but usually when comparing players that are only 1 content patch apart - like MC and BWL then there won't be a huge difference depending on the class.

If we talk pre raid 1.12 compared to naxx its something completly different than pre raid 1.0 to 1.12 naxx.

This might lead to different opinions depending on when the person started the game.

Comparing pre raid bis 1.12 to naxx 1.12 its likely 250-300% in terms of dps performance. Casters get a bigger jump than meeles.

Rogue PRERAID to Rogue BIS without any buffs: ~1,74.

Rogue PRERAID without buffs to Rogue PRERAID with buffs: ~2.00.

its maybe 350% for warriors at least, barring ironfoe+felstriker

with ironfoe+felstriker its more like 250%, assuming that 1500 is the max

im not so sure about other classes, but its probably around 200 or 250% for the rest for pre-MC BiS compared to naxx BiS

Edited by Aquane

Thanks for the answers, I just found out about and downloaded the rogue spreadsheet (thanks Soyoen), seems his numbers are correct

That sounds about what I remember(obviously the numbers were lower during vanilla, we didnt have the same information), seems like a much more reasonable scaling than in the current wow

Fury warriors might be an exception to that. But I wonder about rest of the classes, I feel it's very unlikely that any class other than fury warriors does more than 200% with the buffs I mentioned

Edited by meph

3 hours ago, meph said:

Thanks for the answers, I just found out about and downloaded the rogue spreadsheet (thanks Soyoen), seems his numbers are correct

That sounds about what I remember(obviously the numbers were lower during vanilla, we didnt have the same information), seems like a much more reasonable scaling than in the current wow

Fury warriors might be an exception to that. But I wonder about rest of the classes, I feel it's very unlikely that any class other than fury warriors does more than 200% with the buffs I mentioned

going from no hit from gear to hit capped, maybe 10% or more crit, and alot more mana, and 500+ more spellpower makes a big difference in damage, it can easily be 200% more for mages warlocks and hybrid casters, if not even more

also, considering ignite, it goes up by maybe 700% or more for fire mages, though it doesn't actually get that high because if they do they pull aggro and die

spam scorch

Edited by Aquane