Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Elicas

r/LegacyRealms

Name Home Home Position LegacyRealms Role
SAKUJ0 Kronos Moderator Direction
Wyke_Unchained Rebirth Game Master  
little_gamie Kronos Moderator Content Creator
GMGurky Kronos Game Master Management
PathlessGiant Nostralia Community Manager Debate
Eitri VengeanceWoW    

That looks a bit like Kronos and affiliates or Kronos & potential recruits (Wyke). 

Or generally speaking "we are the legacy movement leader, able to guarantee fair play among servers" (*unlike those other shady people is what is implied)

Looks like a nice anti-Elysium gathering tbh. Wyke has never hidden his feelings about it, and neither have you.

I'll sub and lurk but I'd be lying if I said this doesn't pop some red flags for me.

1 hour ago, Roadblock said:
Name Home Home Position LegacyRealms Role
SAKUJ0 Kronos Moderator Direction
Wyke_Unchained Rebirth Game Master  
little_gamie Kronos Moderator Content Creator
GMGurky Kronos Game Master Management
PathlessGiant Nostralia Community Manager Debate
Eitri VengeanceWoW    

That looks a bit like Kronos and affiliates or Kronos & potential recruits (Wyke). 

Or generally speaking "we are the legacy movement leader, able to guarantee fair play among servers" (*unlike those other shady people is what is implied)

Looks like a nice anti-Elysium gathering tbh. Wyke has never hidden his feelings about it, and neither have you.

I'll sub and lurk but I'd be lying if I said this doesn't pop some red flags for me.

It's worth noting, I've never hidden my feeling about Kronos either. I bear some serious grudges around their handling of K2, which will never be completely forgiven.

Sakuj0 and Gamie aren't Kronos staff, and it's also worth noting the sub has Primal and Hellfire represented, as well as neutral devs like Shacka and Qingle as well.

Having some trepidation is natural, but I'd suggest going in with an open mind. 

I'm conflicted :P

From one side I don't want to jump the gun and come with preconceived notions but ..

This feels a whole lot like a "bad cop, good cop" scenario and reeks of marketing to me. (MrLegacy & /r/LegacyRealms)

I mean we had Mr Legacy and Co. Marelle (risenui/vashin/cthuntrash/etc/etc) from Risen with his army of reddit alts and probably a couple more of his ex-guildies (wootlol900, elyleaks) acting like a gang of internet thugs running rampant on /r/wowservers for the past 2-3 months.

The "good cop" in all this period is doing nothing, not condemning doxxing or any of the worse practices used, then when finally moderation kicks in and bans the worst offenders and the whole shitstorm is over, and the platform for the bad cop is removed, they make the "better wowservers" after the fact?

And several of the bigger private server players are conspicuously missing from the "council" of the new place?

I'm sorry but this doesn't say "clean slate" to me not without a goldfish memory.

But anyway that's just me, I won't post further on the subject, I wish everyone involved good luck.

Subbed.

lets build this community ^_^

Posted (edited)

I don't know the guy, I only saw forum posts, but when Wyke resigned from a GM post on the Rebirth, there were some comments that he was a shit GM.

I'm not sure what to think about it, but let's not jump into conclusions.

edit: I still subbed to this thingy.

Edited by ilovecats

17 minutes ago, ilovecats said:

I don't know the guy, I only saw forum posts, but when Wyke resigned from a GM post on the Rebirth, there were some comments that he was a shit GM.

I'm not sure what to think about it, but let's not jump into conclusions.

edit: I still subbed to this thingy.

Wyke was an excellent GM, and any server that gets his services is on to a winner.

He was also an unpopular GM, he has a low tolerance for people spouting off, and generally dislikes and has little time for what many would consider "harmless trolling". As such, he has a rep for being a party pooper and "censoring muh interwebs".

Of all the issues to be found on the Rebirth when I played there, he was not one of them.

29 minutes ago, Elicas said:

Wyke was an excellent GM, and any server that gets his services is on to a winner.

He was also an unpopular GM, he has a low tolerance for people spouting off, and generally dislikes and has little time for what many would consider "harmless trolling". As such, he has a rep for being a party pooper and "censoring muh interwebs".

Of all the issues to be found on the Rebirth when I played there, he was not one of them.

Good to know, thanks.

We will see how the sub progresses.

Posted (edited)

20 minutes ago, Brikot said:

It's not a discussion place, the forums here are more suitable.

It was used just as a outreach for official announcements to the reddit platform (like you could have a facebook group or a twitter account etc)

The main platform of communication is the forums here for Crestfall.

Edit: This might change closer to release or when there's an open beta accessible to the general public.

Edited by Roadblock

Posted (edited)

Hmm... I was starting to wonder why the amount of people subscribed to that subreddit just doubled overnight.

Edited by Pvt_8Ball

5 hours ago, Brikot said:

That will (probably) get a lot more use once we go into release.

For the time being, everyone subbed there likely already knows about these forums, and we would prefer to keep contact with the fanbase centralized here.

2 hours ago, BallsMalloney said:

I only got one thing to say..

EW REDDIT

I can only imagine the hilarity of hosting an AMA on 4chan though fam

That said, /wowpsg/ is one of the most important forums for this sort of thing, and we should let them know

On 4/26/2017 at 10:13 AM, Elicas said:

and they do not want a high population like Elysium.

1 minute ago, Sallerius said:

That still holds true. The current plan remains that server caps will be set no higher than 6k.

Posted (edited)

*wrong thread, sorry.

Edited by valaquenta

1 hour ago, valaquenta said:

*wrong thread, sorry.

Can't keep up with all this spam from Elikus. xD

5 hours ago, Lilaina said:

Can't keep up with all this spam from Elikus. xD

:(

Looks interesting, and I'm curious if it will ever take off. The "team" seems heavily Kronos biased which could lead to some questions about being impartial when moderating. 

Another potential issue, or godsend, is the restricted posting. This is a barrier to both casual lurkers and shitposters, so it could be the best choice they made or the worst one which could prevent its growth.

Overall it should be a good litmus test to see if the community really does want a more regulated environment to discuss private servers, or continue to run rampant everywhere they can.

Edited original post for an addendum.

9 hours ago, Elicas said:

:(

It's ok, your spam is highly informative. ^_^