Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zaph

King of the Beasts

34 posts in this topic

When all loot is yours what more can you ask for?  

Hunters are supreme.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it true that hunters can actually be very good dps in vanilla, but most of them are casuals that do not even try to do their best?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Wolfrig said:

Is it true that hunters can actually be very good dps in vanilla, but most of them are casuals that do not even try to do their best?

Time to stack arcane damage.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes hunters can in fact be great damage dealers, however they are very gear / consumable dependent.  The casuals you refer to are known as huntards in the community,  it is one of my goals to take huntard out of vocabulary and inform people to be hunters! 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm thinking about rolling a hunter once Crestfall starts, I would like to have a challenging gameplay as a DPS, but I'd still like to be a decent dps as well. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hunter dps isn't too challenging but you do have quite a lot of things to manage.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hunter was my first love. I definitely will have to roll one when the server drops.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ramsay said:

So are hunters  sought for by pve guilds ?:o

In my experience, every raiding guild is going to have a little of everything. Just play what you want and have a good time. Each faction has 8 classes. 40 raid members diveded by 8 classes equals 5 of each. Though, that is likely to never happen due to availability and some boss encounters. Just giving some simple math. 

Edited by TheToeKnee
Added Quote
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ramsay said:

So are hunters  sought for by pve guilds ?:o

Yes they are the only class able to dispel enrage effects.  Hunters have decent cc with the ability to kite mobs on some fights.  They have great burst and do comparable damage.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Ramsay said:

So are hunters  sought for by pve guilds ?:o

Not directly as dps, but as utility dps they are absolutely mandatory. They are the only class able to dispell enrage effects as Zaph said.

Just from the first couple of 40 man raids;

Magmadar in MC.
Ebonroc (possibly? one of the three drakes, can't remember which exactly now) in BWL.
Chromaggus in MC.

Chromaggus at minimum needs three hunters rotating enrage dispells to make things smooth, most guilds use four.

Add to that, kiting in phase one of Broodlord in BWL as well.

That's 3 bosses that mandatory must have more than one hunter, and a fourth where hunters kiting makes the first phase significantly easier. That's just in the first two large raids.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They could compete on DPS only if "buff-stacking" is not broken like on EVERY pserver.

Please, I don't wanna see rogues/warriors with t2 dealing 2000dps....

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Both in my Nostalrius guild and in retail vanilla guilds we used to have 4 hunters in each raid. In addition to the utility already mentioned above I can add a few more that I immediately can think of:

Trueshot Aura: 100 Attack Power to your group - Mandatory in every melee grp.
Aspect of the Wild: Gives 60 Nature Resistance to your group - Needed in AQ40.
Tranquilizing Shot: Removes 1 enrage effect. - Mandatory rotation for Magmadar in MC, and Flamegor & Chromaggus in BWL.
Kiting: In early progress on Razorgore the Untamed (1st boss BWL) normal tactic is to either have hunters or prot warrs kite the dragonkin spawns, often a combination since getting enough of either class is very hard/bad for the rest of the progress.
Pulling #1: Pulling mobs in BWL, both in Suppression Room and the trash packs with Engineers, hunters are usually the preferred pullers due to kiting abilities.
Pulling #2: Pulling with your pet, sacrificing it so the tanks can pick up their assigned target easily without the first one being stomped is an important task in several fights. For instance Garr and Majordomo in MC.
 

I might also add that hunters indeed can be high at the meters, especially in early vanilla such as MC and BWL. As others have mentioned it is like it is with most classes: To top meters you need consumables, do your "rotation" right, and know the fights in-out to maximise uptime dps on the boss. In addition to this, Hunters have one additional parameter to push their dps even further: your pet. Many use a Wolf standing next to them with a macro that use Furious Howl along with Aimed Shot and thats that. Tho, the best hunters I've come across are really good at pet handling so that pet actually adds quite a bit of dps in addition to surviving throughout the fights. Furious Howl+Aimed Shot macro is then used whenever the pets hp is low and he "rests" beside you. This require a lot of training and skill to achieve, and it is not easy to master this, since you gotta watch ur pet at the same time as everything else is going down. 
 

Edited by Phaanboi
Typos
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kikeron said:

I would make a hunter alt for soloing DM Tributes

@Darkrasp mentioned in an earlier thread that I now can't find that they were going to 'fix' the last boss to be unsoloable by hunters.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, King Gordok is super easy to path exploit due to some stupid terrain in his room.  Simple fix is to just make him cast Summon Player if nobody is in his melee range after the first 15-20 seconds of a fight, and make sure both he and Cho'Rush are immune to feign death.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/25/2016 at 5:33 PM, Darkrasp said:

Yeah, King Gordok is super easy to path exploit due to some stupid terrain in his room.  Simple fix is to just make him cast Summon Player if nobody is in his melee range after the first 15-20 seconds of a fight, and make sure both he and Cho'Rush are immune to feign death.

Why would you do that? I mean, in original vanilla these were solable. Why change it. You will open discussion for many thing that should have been different. For instance, warlocks will come and tell you that dots should tag the mobs, since there are people that wait the dots and then tag them for themselves. And many other things that were not functioning well at vanilla.

If you intent not to be Bliz-like, you should announce it, in my opinion.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Simply because hunters soloing King Gordok was something that Blizzard tried to fix on retail not once, not twice, but three times.  First it was Chinese farmers using a teleport hack that Warden couldn't catch, which was eventually caught up to.  Then they eventually fixed the ability to split pull and drop Cho'Rush (1.9ish).  Then they fixed it so that unless Kromcrush was dealt with using either the Ogre Suit, or killed, the Tribute Chest wouldn't spawn at all, though admittedly that didn't happen until I think patch 2.0.

The point of all those changes was obvious: it was an effort to stop exploitative behavior.  I see no reason why we shouldn't fix the glitch, even if that means accomplishing Blizzard's intention by a slightly different means.

Edit:  I'm thinking we may go the scripting route and make tribute not spawn at all if Kromcrush isn't dealt with in some way.  We'll have to see if that profitability reduction is sufficient to reduce the incentive to exploit the King.  Since he'll still potentially drop Tomes, Foror's and eventually, Ace of Warlords cards, we may still need to go the Summon Player route.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/27/2016 at 9:04 AM, Darkrasp said:

Simply because hunters soloing King Gordok was something that Blizzard tried to fix on retail not once, not twice, but three times.  First it was Chinese farmers using a teleport hack that Warden couldn't catch, which was eventually caught up to.  Then they eventually fixed the ability to split pull and drop Cho'Rush (1.9ish).  Then they fixed it so that unless Kromcrush was dealt with using either the Ogre Suit, or killed, the Tribute Chest wouldn't spawn at all, though admittedly that didn't happen until I think patch 2.0.

The point of all those changes was obvious: it was an effort to stop exploitative behavior.  I see no reason why we shouldn't fix the glitch, even if that means accomplishing Blizzard's intention by a slightly different means.

Edit:  I'm thinking we may go the scripting route and make tribute not spawn at all if Kromcrush isn't dealt with in some way.  We'll have to see if that profitability reduction is sufficient to reduce the incentive to exploit the King.  Since he'll still potentially drop Tomes, Foror's and eventually, Ace of Warlords cards, we may still need to go the Summon Player route.

I'm curious since it seems like you'll be fixing "exploitative" behavior. Will the aggro range on mobs in DME be increased so that mages aren't able to AOE farm herbs. That usually takes a toll on the economy of the server when it comes to herbs and only benefits one class.  Or is it just this one exploit that's going to be fixed?  I think you get to the issue of trying to add "intended" blizzard features to a version of the game that wouldn't work well with those features.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Hunter said:

I'm curious since it seems like you'll be fixing "exploitative" behavior. Will the aggro range on mobs in DME be increased so that mages aren't able to AOE farm herbs. That usually takes a toll on the economy of the server when it comes to herbs and only benefits one class.  Or is it just this one exploit that's going to be fixed?  I think you get to the issue of trying to add "intended" blizzard features to a version of the game that wouldn't work well with those features.

99% sure they said they were going to nerf herb drop rates in DME lasher packs to pretty much break that farming spot.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Elicas said:

99% sure they said they were going to nerf herb drop rates in DME lasher packs to pretty much break that farming spot.

I had no idea, good to know, thank you for the info.  I fear grinding the gold for an epic mount is going to be much harder on this server.  Definitely will be a different feel from what was on Nostalrius but closer to that Vanilla feeling when it was truly special when you got your epic mount.  Looks like Devilsaur leather for me!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lasher packs have indeed had their drop rates reduced slightly.  They still drop all the same stuff, just not as much of it.  As well, we're fixing (maybe already fixed?  @Asura?)  the glitch that let players reset an instance while still inside it, so anyone farming instances has to actually get naked and die, then run back, which heavily reduces the efficiency most private server instance farmers probably got used to.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Darkrasp said:

Lasher packs have indeed had their drop rates reduced slightly.  They still drop all the same stuff, just not as much of it.  As well, we're fixing (maybe already fixed?  @Asura?)  the glitch that let players reset an instance while still inside it, so anyone farming instances has to actually get naked and die, then run back, which heavily reduces the efficiency most private server instance farmers probably got used to.

So not longer possible to /camp out of the instance as well?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Caith said:

So not longer possible to /camp out of the instance as well?

I'm not 100% certain I understand what you're asking.  If you log out in an instance, you should log back in at the exact same position, unless you've been offline for long enough, and the zone has been otherwise empty for long enough, for the zone to soft reset (which I believe is 30 minutes).  That's proper retail behavior.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0