Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zaph

King of the Beasts

34 posts in this topic
36 minutes ago, Darkrasp said:

I'm not 100% certain I understand what you're asking.  If you log out in an instance, you should log back in at the exact same position, unless you've been offline for long enough, and the zone has been otherwise empty for long enough, for the zone to soft reset (which I believe is 30 minutes).  That's proper retail behavior.

Oh that's pretty good for reducing gold. The Maraudon farm is one of the best gold methods, but this will slow it down considerably.

I believe when you used the command /camp and logged in again you were in front of the instance entry.

Why is there seemingly such a strong opposition to players being able to farm instances? I don't think the game originally counted that as exploiting the game, it was and has always been a legitimate means of earning gold. 

Nothing wrong with farming instances, I made hunter Mara farm guides on Nostalrius and farmed enough to buy alchemy recipes when our alchemist's acc got hacked.

I think the problem is when it's either a) not Blizzlike or b) disruptive to the economy. In Nostalrius' case they made very poor changes when the community cried it's little heart out about the DM N farm, so perhaps CF is trying to get in and sort it before it crops up.

Did /camp on live take you back to the instance entrance? Or /scriptResetInstances()?

I roll hunter largely to farm instances as it is one of my favorite things to do in vanilla. In all honesty, I would run DM North just for fun as long as I could actually run it. I understand the difficulty of keeping DM North soloable as it inflates the amount of gold on the server. I was devastated when nost broke the King Gordok kite but Mara/ZF can still be fun instances to solo and make a small profit. As a hunter its still probably better gold to just buy an ice reflector and farm devilsaurs. 

I was trying to get a Spinal Reaper for my Hunter on Nost. We ran DKP, and no one else cared about the axe. I was anxious to use it to farm and chop off Alliance heads. Was going to have a Crusader enchant on it, on top of my Orc axe skill bonus. Sadly, I never got it. It was 1 of 2 of the last items in MC I cared about; the other being the nice cape, also off Ragnaros. Neither of these ever dropped. We saw the nice ring a few times, but I always passed it up for our Warriors/Rogues. I didn't need more hit chance. Being full T1, there was basically nothing else in here for me.

Hunter DPS isn't about topping charts. It's about "not" dying. My Hunter was among the highest health+FR DPS in the raid. At 41 yards, standing out of range of most boss AoEs. I'd always be the last standing when half the raid wiped. Other jokers stacking full DPS, like those derp casters using SP greens, would die in 1 boss AoE. They'd have around 2,500hp. I could kill them in 1 Aimed Shot, which is what I did to derp enemies in BGs. But in raids, they'd typically die in 1-2 AoEs because heals cannot help you unless you live long enough to receive one. I also chugged fire embers every raid and still used at least 1 stack of FR pots every MC run. I spent much of my farm time out in Winterspring skinning bears, because these mobs have the FR ember buff. This is something every raider should have been doing, for Ragnaros at least if nothing else.

Edited by Drain

@ThrixsulpaxThis was mine, it's a bit silly but it was the timing that was important:

I tried this on Feenix recently, was completely different lol

Edited by DeeMarie

Alright they are fixing DM but what about ZF and Mara ? Will we be able to farm them as hunters ?

Edited by dailybs