Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Elicas

Q&A 1 - Opening The Lines Of Communication

35 posts in this topic

I guess we always have to delete the content of WDB Folder when we play on Crestfall to see new stats aswell ?

Also would you recommend deleting the content of WDB Folder before Open beta ?

1 minute ago, Brikot said:

I guess we always have to delete the content of WDB Folder when we play on Crestfall to see new stats aswell ?

Also would you recommend deleting the content of WDB Folder before Open beta ?

I would recommend deleting it every now and then, because updates to the item database will always cause conflicts with the Cache if you've got an older item on it. Personally, I'd say every 2-3 days just to be sure - but it's not really something to worry about TOO much. Resetting your cache doesn't affect anything other than that :)

When we are at open beta, can we have some gm commands to ease testing ? Like testing dungeon, more HP, instant kills or certain amount of damage.

i personally delete wdb on every logon so i don't forget :), u can just create a batch file to open wow with for example:

#Cache
RD /S /Q "WDB"

#Realmlist
del realmlist.wtf
echo set realmlist login.kronos-wow.com > realmlist.wtf

#Start WoW
start WoW.exe -console

exit

are black lotuses just gonna have a random chance to spawn at any herb node that both can potentially have one and is in a location where one can be found?

like, would I be able to herb any plaguebloom in EPL and have a chance to find a black lotus with any one of them, or would black lotuses, as in retail, only and always spawn in certain locations?

Thanks, Elicas.

Is the philosophy towards pve encounters still the same ("early"-raiding (MC and BWL) should be considerably harder, but AQ40 and Naxx40 shouldn't be changed at all) or did it evolve a little? We've had a discussion about aq40 and the nerfed version of c'thun the other day, and i'd say a big part of the community would rather have a big challenge fighting c'thun than downing it as easily as a lot of guilds do on other private servers right now.

10 hours ago, Brikot said:

When we are at open beta, can we have some gm commands to ease testing ? Like testing dungeon, more HP, instant kills or certain amount of damage.

Beta testers currently have commands available to them, but in a full open beta I don't know if you guys will have them or not. 

I'm assuming no though, you guys shouldn't need those commands by that stage of development. Usually in an open beta, projects are looking for people playing the game normally and testing content in a "live" setting if that makes sense.

I look forward to seeing all the new testers one day though! Who knows, maybe you will have all the commands?

I like that! However...I am a bit unsure about the battlegrounds. Why would you release all at once? I get Elysiums Approach for implementing the "small" Battlegrounds because they don't bring that powerful av gear and are easier to organize, I would also get implementing warsong and and alterac to be blizzlike but why are you implementing all at once? It's not like it bugs me because AB is my all time favorite anyway but if confuses me :o

Thanks for the update! Always appreciate getting new news.

What instructions will be given to the GM team regarding chat channels, particularly ones like /world which are non-standard but almost universally used?

On one hand, I'm generally against censorship and I can see the practical issue of where do you draw the line, but on the other hand it would be amazing to have minimal amounts of repetitive trolling/memes and idiot "personalities".

Nice to see.

Now where's my beta invite I want a purple name! Lol

Interesting about the dynamic spawn rates. I can see how they could affect the economy. As long as I'm not waiting 10 minutes to kill a boar, I'll be happy. xD

Question: Will we be allowed to use a tunneling service with Crestfall?

I think some tunneling services use VPNs? I'm not entirely sure how they work but VPNs will be blocked so yeah..

Speaking for a Aussie with 300+ms.

This is a great idea! Looking forward to the next one. I simply cannot wait for this to launch.

Interested to know about the VPN thing too. I thought i read somewhere the server will actually I'm it's on tunneling to make it payable from afar.

I'd love to finally be able to play below 300ms...

I heard a rumor that there originally were 1 Black Lotus spawn per Dire Maul instance lockout (somewhere in the gardens I guess) - imo this could be an amazing thing to help stabilize the BL market in a healthy price-range, and not have "BL-mafia" controlling it etc. So my question is:

Are you planning to have a Black Lotus spawn inside Dire Maul?

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Phaanboi said:

I heard a rumor that there originally were 1 Black Lotus spawn per Dire Maul instance lockout (somewhere in the gardens I guess) - imo this could be an amazing thing to help stabilize the BL market in a healthy price-range, and not have "BL-mafia" controlling it etc. So my question is:

Are you planning to have a Black Lotus spawn inside Dire Maul?

You should really provide some evidence of this instead of asking for rumors to implemented :P Not saying you aren't right about this (personally I don't know, since I don't know much about professions) but without anything to back it up with, everyone could be asking for anything and say "this is how it was, trust me".

Edited by Cruzix

Posted (edited)

Will flask effects persist through death at launch or not till patch 1.7 like on retail? Also before 1.6 you could actually use more than 1 flask at once. Another thing is that flask effects were dispellable till 1.3. To put it simple: what are your plans regarding flasks? :)

Edited by Macu

On 30/04/2017 at 8:20 AM, Outstanding said:

I see what you did there

Elicas stole your job bro, punch him in the face xD

On 30/04/2017 at 3:34 PM, valaquenta said:

Thanks, Elicas.

Is the philosophy towards pve encounters still the same ("early"-raiding (MC and BWL) should be considerably harder, but AQ40 and Naxx40 shouldn't be changed at all) or did it evolve a little? We've had a discussion about aq40 and the nerfed version of c'thun the other day, and i'd say a big part of the community would rather have a big challenge fighting c'thun than downing it as easily as a lot of guilds do on other private servers right now.

I would love to hear about that aswell

Posted (edited)

Could you block the addon people use for Realmplayers.com ? People create another game content that influences the blizzlike experience very heavily and it is hard to find a guild for myself that doesnt do time runs where you have to have all kinds of potions and best gear available in the game, just to get in and out of a dungeon as fast as possible. The enjoyment of raiding is gone with this, people just keep looking at realmplayers.com, which makes people compare their ego, then get mad and all the negative stuff.

Whats wrong with that? You dont need best gear to beat a dungeon, because thats what its about not about who is fastest... I hope you guys got this. This is not a player meta or whatever it is called...

Would this not be called something like "3rd party game influence" ? I mean Gold sellers have a site too which influences the game and i would say its a "3rd party game influence" too

Edited by Brikot

On 03/05/2017 at 2:05 PM, Brikot said:

Could you block the addon people use for Realmplayers.com ? People create another game content that influences the blizzlike experience very heavily and it is hard to find a guild for myself that doesnt do time runs where you have to have all kinds of potions and best gear available in the game, just to get in and out of a dungeon as fast as possible. The enjoyment of raiding is gone with this, people just keep looking at realmplayers.com, which makes people compare their ego, then get mad and all the negative stuff.

Whats wrong with that? You dont need best gear to beat a dungeon, because thats what its about not about who is fastest... I hope you guys got this. This is not a player meta or whatever it is called...

Would this not be called something like "3rd party game influence" ? I mean Gold sellers have a site too which influences the game and i would say its a "3rd party game influence" too

I somewhat agree to that, can't compare realmplayers.com to gold seller websites but i 100% agree that it destroys the player experience.