Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Elicas

Q&A 1 - Opening The Lines Of Communication

35 posts in this topic

Thanks for all the questions so far, keep them coming!

OP amended, as the next answer post will actually be Sunday the 21st instead of the 28th. This stops the Sunday Q&A coming out the day before Darkrasps Monday update (as happened last time) and gives us 3 out of every 4 weeks with an update of some kind. The team is working on something to put out so that we can try and maintain once per week dev communication in some form.

6 minutes ago, Elicas said:

Thanks for all the questions so far, keep them coming!

OP amended, as the next answer post will actually be Sunday the 21st instead of the 28th. This stops the Sunday Q&A coming out the day before Darkrasps Monday update (as happened last time) and gives us 3 out of every 4 weeks with an update of some kind. The team is working on something to put out so that we can try and maintain once per week dev communication in some form.

That's cool. I'm not bothered personally but I know alot of people want more communication/news, hungry apes they are.

Not sure where to ask my questions so I ask here: 

This thread will be locked on Wednesday 17th, so if you have any further questions you would like to see answered in Q&A #2, please submit them ASAP.

Posted (edited)

I have a question for Q&A#2

Im interested in how the devs think about raid tuning. In the FAQ they say that will retune raids to how they were in their prenerf state. And they also want to make sure that all abilities work as intented (proper cooldown, damage etc. ). They also said that that is the main reason content is cleared so fast on other private servers. So is there any other tuning planed to bosses HP, Damage, Abilities addiotionally to making things work like pre-nerf retail vanilla.

If the answer to that question is "No" then Id like to add the question if you truely believe that just making things like they were in vanilla will be enough to create challenging content ?

If the answer to that question is "Yes" then Id like to ask to give us an example of how you would change a certain boss. Maybe make an example on how you would change Lucifron to give us an idea of what you are planing ?!

Thanks, really appreciate the possiblity to be able to ask questions directly to the devs :D

Edited by Morrasul

Posted (edited)

Reposting my question here as instructed:

Will Achievements be unavailable on the TBC server due to being a part of the pre-Wrath patch?

Also, from what I've gathered things are currently leaning against race/faction change, but as someone who only played WoW seriously during TBC... it would be really nice to be able to convert hard-earned Vanilla characters into BE or Draenei when TBC rolls around. Is that even on the table or is it looking like a firm "No" at this point? What about at least offering it as a one-time opportunity upon transferring a character from Vanilla to TBC server?

Edited by Aerin

Will faction quests and items (Thorium brotherhood, Timbermaw, Cenarion circle) be available at launch, or will you add them with some of the later patches? 

This was already asked in another thread but: 
Would you consider tuning also 5 man dungeons? And I mean all of them not just lvl 60 ones. In most of the vanilla private server projects, trash was almost always more difficult then the bosses in 5 man dungeons, which I think isn't how it should be. 

Question for Q&A 2 ! :) 

So, I posted this question on another part of the forum, and got redirected here (thankfully).

I read this statement from the FAQ:  "We are going to be phasing items roughly in two sections, "Pre-1.9" and "Post-1.9", where items that were added to the game or changed after the 1.9 patch will all be added/updated at approximately the time of the AQ launch. "

I just want to ask for a confirmation on that items like " Ban'thok Sash" and "Savage Gladiator Chain," Will not be updated to their "Useful" form before roughly AQ launch ? Aswell as not adding the bosses/questlines for the uppgraded t0.5 items before that time either? 

Thanks for taking the time to do these Q&A's and for all the work you do in general ! 

-Chode

Thread is now locked and questions have been selected. Expect to see Q&A 2 released on Sunday, 21st May.

Any further questions you may have can be submitted then for Q&A 3.