Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Darkrasp

Darkrasp's Blog 5/2/2017

First ! Also great update as always ! :)

Posted (edited)

Beta when ? /joke

Nice info, I reaaalllyy like it! Keep up the good work, I believe we will get good server in due time!

Edited by dailybs

Posted (edited)

''a monthly project update '' and '' monthly Q&A '' and  "blog posts '' time to go back to the old days , i hope that i live to see crestfall server launch :P

11111.png.01c1ade8cf22ba9f93a8a2d2f2f7730a.png.f7cb684968e562f621e87a2af3ae5ed9.png

Edited by worldfu

Thanks, Dark! I always appreciate seeing the mechanics of how things are working behind the scenes.

Chicken bulion and fresh air, it sad my grandma and sleep 8ours per night, gj with updtate.

1 hour ago, Darkrasp said:

He also rebuilt the diminishing returns system (thanks very much to our Beta team, who compiled amazing research on the subject)

That's the thing about Crestfall, they've got some bloody good beta testers knocking around.

1 hour ago, Darkrasp said:

Just to give an idea:

Screenshot_5.png

Since I do not know what one line of updates is regarding work/time investment, I didn't get the idea. I usually deal in SI units. ;)

Very entertaining read, thanks for that!

I keep being impressed by the amount of work this project needs. Keep it up.

Great update @Darkrasp, thank you for providing this information. It's very interesting to me how "buggy" this immunity system is ATM and I'm glad to hear that you are fixing it in details.

As always, keep up the good work! :)

@Darkrasp Thanks for the update yet again !
And also i wish a fast recovery for Asura !
Sad to hear what happened to him

Reading these changes makes me excited for Crestfall. No Private Server has been able to copy those statistics within their own servers cause it takes too much work (or crashes their server due to the dodgy mangos etc)

So to someone like me this is great to see this in action! I just hope the average person sees this!

i have chronic bronchitis - which essentially means i get sick once a year. not as bad as asthma typically, and damn near the same when i get sick. Sleep in a sitting position, sounds uncomfortable but the second you lay flat you'll start hacking

Thank you for updating your blog Dark. Also wishing the best for Asura

Asura willingly contracted the plague of undeath just so he can rise later and have more time to do Crestfall. Plus, he's gonna be immune to Blizzard - I bet Nostrils would be still around if their leaders were undead.

On 2. 5. 2017 at 9:18 PM, Murok said:

Since I do not know what one line of updates is regarding work/time investment, I didn't get the idea. I usually deal in SI units. ;)

Well, a line can be whatever, from empty space or "{" to a set of values you spent half a day putting together :P.

Asura is actually the lich king.

These updates really show the progress you all have made, I'm so excited! :D

How do horror effects work under the new system? Do they fall into the same category as fears? 

Thanks for the update.

Given how Blizz-like this server is going to be, I am expecting constant complaints about how long it takes to level ;) 

3 hours ago, Lilaina said:

https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1090/990368744_a570913e7c_z.jpg?zz=1

where is the downvote, how can you share such gore images ? /cry

11 hours ago, Bobthebomb said:

Thanks for the update.

Given how Blizz-like this server is going to be, I am expecting constant complaints about how long it takes to level ;) 

I hope that is going to be the case. I want to be able to actually enjoy the storylines and exploring of all the quests in a certain area, again.

9 hours ago, MadeByRockets said:

How do horror effects work under the new system? Do they fall into the same category as fears? 

Horror/Turn/Fear are three separate mechanics, all attached to spells that apply the Fear aura.  We can make them work however we want.  Plan is the following, which I believe is Blizzlike.  Correct me if I'm wrong:

Mobs that are immune to Fear effects are also immune to Horror effects.

For players, items and abilities which grant a player immunity to Fear don't grant immunity to Horror.

Horror effects are, however, subject to diminishing returns.