Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
buddhaseyes

I need a new PC

30 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I have no Idea who to ask, so I will ask here ;)

Im planning to get a new PC since I´m afraid my laptop may explode... 
I would like to play modern games aswell, so it needs to be quite okay. Precisely I want to play Kingdom come: Deliverance. https://www.kingdomcomerpg.com/

As you may figuered by now, Im a complete noob regarding PC specs so I really need some advice .. and my budget is very low :P 

So far I have found this one: https://www.agando-shop.de/product_info.php/info/p108457 -- The site is in german only unfortunatly so I will just post the main Ingredients :

Mainboard:  MSI 970 Gaming, AMD 970
Processor: AMD FX-4300 overclocked 4x 4,5GHz
Graphics: Nvidea Geforce GTX1050 TI 4gb, Palit StormX
8 GB RAM, while a firend got 2x 2GB which I can have

Will I be able to play most of the "newer" games with it? Most importantly Kingdom come ;) - I also don´t mind if i cannot play on highest settings, I just need to play it.
And besides, for a total of 630 euros, is it a fair price? 

Greetings, buddhaseyes 

PS: And thanks in advance ;)

Howdy

1st go here https://pcpartpicker.com/

2nd build your dream system

3rd start the painful adjustment of bring down your your dream system to your  price range. 

4th enjoy the nightmare of building your system and tuning all the hardware.  Then enjoy the euphoric feeling when it all works. 

5th after building your 2 and 3rd system come to the conclusion its cheaper and more convenient to buy a midrange gaming labtop every 4 to 5 years.  

Have fun with your build!  hope i helped a bit. 

Last tips: make sure your cpu pin matches your mobo.  Buy hardware that is a year old or so.  you will save hundreds and you wont be a guinea pig for new architecture builds and compatibility issues.

Posted (edited)

Yeaaah, I know that it is much cheaper to build your own PC, but in my case .. well I bet things would be broken by even looking at them.

I might buy some upgrades in the future when I got the money, but for now I just want to have a simple solution where I cannot break anything! :P

Thanks anyways ;)

Edit: and besides, I have no Idea which parts are good, and which arent ... Thats why I don´t know if the prebuilt PC I want to buy is good enough for the newer games :P

Edited by buddhaseyes

Posted (edited)

Probably go with something more like an Intel i3-7100 + gtx 1050 ti or 1060.

Compared to the AMD 4300, the Intel 7100 will either match it (worst case) or beat it by 65% or so (best case). Otherwise, just get the best graphics card you can afford.

P.S. Don't make the noob mistake of thinking you can just compare CPUs on core count and clock speed, it only works when comparing products from the same generation and brand.

Edited by Pvt_8Ball

As for CPU, I'd recommend any kind ofcurrent-gen i5, like 6400 or 7400, if the price difference isn't big. Or 6500. Or anything between those. The point here being that i5 will last you longer than any i3 when it comes to power. I have i5-3450 and 5 years later, I met a single problem, and that was when I tried recording a video :D.

Can't go indepth, I'm playing a game, I might return to this topic. Or not.

Well, thanks for the awnsers. I just ordered a PC, so It doesnt really matter anymore until I got money again :P

Posted (edited)

What PC did you order?

I should've probably mention get an i5 if you can afford it, but I assumed it was out of your budget, and it's really not worth it if you have to sacrifice a decent GPU for it.

Edited by Pvt_8Ball

I actually found a system with the combination you told me haha

I3 7100 2x 3,9GhZ and GTX 1060, but with 3gb - I think that should do it for me now tho

8 GB RAM and a MSI H110M ECO, Intel H110-Motherboard

For 640 Euros (including Windows 10)

I checked a bit and I think it was quite a good offer, at least for my Budget since I really can´t afford more atm :P 

Actually that's pretty good. With that videocard, you can probably just change the CPU when you'll get more money and it's gonna be gud. Maybe get 16 GB RAM later, but if you're not an eternal multitasker like I am, you might not need it :P.

Yeah you should be set to play modern games on at medium-high settings (depending on how important frame rate is to you) for the next 5-6 years at least. For comparison, XBONE and PS4 use cards roughly equivalent to a 1050 or 1050ti. You might drag a bit on CPU heavy games, but otherwise you should be fine.

Posted (edited)

36 minutes ago, Retrac47 said:

For comparison, XBONE and PS4 use cards roughly equivalent to a 1050 or 1050ti.

Actually, a 1050/1050ti is a fair bit ahead of what's in the Ps4.

Edited by Pvt_8Ball

Posted (edited)

For 629 euros (almost 700 bucks USD) that is a horrible pc... Its using old vishera tech that is 5 years old. That cpu is a massive bottleneck, even for thr 1050 ti. Keep in mind that CPU is 50 bucks.

Also DDR5 ram is coming out in 1 year or 2 already, so youll be 2 generations behind. On top of that, youre running single channel ram on that bud, so youll experience a lot of slow down when running evem just multiple tabs of chrome.

Using an unknown brand of PSU is also not good, the psu is probably the most important thing in your system as it can save or kill your PC from a short.

I highly recommend you break your budget and go with an i5 CPU or the new ryzen cpu because that CPU is obselete and will severely bottleneck you in modern games. The 1050 ti is a good budget 1080p card, but the rx 470 is slightly bettet and cheaper. Also always get dual channel memory, if you can even get 16 gigs because games like GTA5 stutter with 8 gigs.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/

Thats to give you an idea of how overpriced that PC is on that site. Theyre charging you a premium of 200 dollars? like what? Its a 400 euro PC.

Edit* also OP dont settle for a 2 core 4 thread CPU like an i3. Multie core CPU's are the future, intel relasing the i3 in my opinion was an absolute dick move to confuse consumers. 

Edited by MadeByRockets

I actually did not buy the PC I posted the link for. 

https://www.agando-shop.de/product_info.php/info/p108416 - I bought this one (with Windows 10 its 640 euros)

@MadeByRockets : I really have no Idea what exactly are you talking about :P However, I think (hope) that the PC I now bought will last a bit. I don´t mind what settings I can play most games at, I just want to play them ^^
And yeah, as I said; If I would buy single parts I would most likely break something, so I´m fine to pay a little bit more if its already built haha

Posted (edited)

Ya did fine, I get a feeling that MadeByRockets under estimates how fucking much hardware costs outside America. The thing he said about the AMD RX 470 is fair, but you can't go wrong either way. I generally recommend Nvidia to my clients, just because they seem to perform more consistently and run into less issues.

Edited by Pvt_8Ball

Sorry haha i went off a little tangent on that post, just passionate about this subject. I always recommend that you do a lot of research before buying a PC. 

I think i did a solid 6 months of research on all my PC components, while finding deals.

You guys are doing it wrong. The correct way to get a better PC is to leech off your relatives and friends' old components and make them build the rig for you.

19 minutes ago, Lilaina said:

You guys are doing it wrong. The correct way to get a better PC is to leech off your relatives and friends' old components and make them build the rig for you.

You might not end up with the newest/bestest pc at the time but you certainly end up with the cheapest :D

Posted (edited)

thats more than enough to build a rig.

First go amd4 ryzen 

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113437

then get a B350M motherboard 

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813144019

get some RAM

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231886

pick up a rx570 

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814126189&cm_re=rx570-_-14-126-189-_-Product

power supply (PSU) 

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139148&ignorebbr=1

SSD 

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA85V3R95256

then a small case 

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811854028

i believe after conversion I'll be pretty damn near your price range. this machine is also more future proofed in you have DDR4 the newest AMD4 socket (they've reported plan on keeping the socket the same for a while, and just focusing on updating the cpu itself over the socket design. meaning you can update this part down the road as budget permits) people will bitch and say why not a 1060. this isnt a fan boy thing its compatibility issues. and the RX4xx and RX5xx run better on amd platforms than they do on intel based systems. The 1060 itself will work just as well, but if and when you ever update to a ryzen 7 series, you'll see a jump on performance from the RXxxx series cards. my two cents. 

Edit: i should also add this machine will run vanilla wow maxed everything. retail wow maxed everything but sunshafts and shadows. overwatch on elite settings. you'll be able to stream in HD resolutions as well if thats your thing 

Edited by Masquerader

Posted (edited)

@Masquerader

1. He's already bought his computer. Plus you shouldn't assume everyone wants to build their own PC.

2. With an OS, the system you linked would be out of his budget, definitely more expensive than the pre-built he ended up buying at least. Hardware costs more outside America.

3. You linked a 90GB SSD for mass storage, wut lol. SSDs are great, but 90GB is just stupid.

3. The socket is more future proof, that's a fair point.

4. That's a myth, AMD cards don't run any better on AMD CPUs, this has been debunked a few times. Some results may go in favour with the idea that AMD works best with AMD, but there are also results that say the exact opposite.

Edited by Pvt_8Ball

Posted (edited)

Only @Masquerader seems to know about PCs enough in this thread. Now nothing is worth buying except AM4 system(perhaps only if seeking used parts). Also buying pre-assembled pcs is something really awful most of the time they use cheap cases, cheap psus and so on, which is really wrong.

Edited by Joyman
addendum

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, Joyman said:

Only @Masquerader seems to know about PCs enough in this thread. Now nothing is worth buying except AM4 system(perhaps only if seeking used parts). Also buying pre-assembled pcs is something really awful most of the time they use cheap cases, cheap psus and so on, which is really wrong.

Ryzen is a beast in synthetics, but it's performance in gaming is pretty shaky, and it's a very immature platform that's still being worked on post launch. Those two combined makes AM4 hard to recommend right now. There are other aspects I could go on about for why I wouldn't recommend AM4 as a primary option, such as Ryzen's sub par memory and storage controllers, etc. Also, if the past has taught us anything, it's that early adopters often get stung. This is AMD's first new platform since a while, and it's still pretty rough around the edges.

I too follow the build it yourself ideology, it is better. But to force it down every random joe's throat is a very arrogant thing to do. When you've been in the hardware game for awhile, you realise some people just couldn't give a shit about learning to build computers themselves. If OP was the sort of person who would want to learn to build his own PC, he wouldn't be hear asking for help, instead he would be researching profusely. Which is why all the talk about self building is entirely moot in this thread.

Pre-built is the way of this thread, all the people posting parts lists and such aren't helping one bit.

Edited by Pvt_8Ball

Yep, buying dual-core cpu in 2017 on a platform already dead for the price of real 4-core one with great architecture and on a platform with future-proof 5 year lifetime is better. You can always buy the parts you prefer and the shop you buy them can assemble for a charge - at least smaller ones do this. This way you will know that you won't get some cheap chinese psu that will let you down at the first sign of trouble and kill all your parts, or plastic case with few options and bad cooling. But I guess people shouldn't ask for pc advice in wow private server forums...

90gb for operating systems and a game or two. i assumed he would have older parts kicking around like mechanical hdds, and if thats the case i wouldve went with a 49 dollar m.2 just to cache the mechanical but i dont know what im talking about. (windows 10 trial is free for 90 days atleast, at which point he could pay for the license. but again what do i know) want a rig for current and retro gaming on a budget this gets you in the game. simple. 

or go buy a dell, and their pre-built systems, pay 200 dollars extra on components to have an alien face on your pc. \

one last note - if you go into a amd3 or any intel ddr3 based systems, youre only hurting your wallet more than you think. As more and more ddr3 gets discontinued if anything were to happen to your "brand new" pc the prices for replacement parts prices will have skyrocketed.