Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Thadius

Good Leveling Duo Partner for a Paladin?

Friend might be rolling a Retardin; wonder what people think might be a class that'll help us burn quickly through questing zones, and make us formidable in PvP situations. 

Leaning towards Warlock. High DPS, brings a tank, can fear spam.

What do you think?

Warlock would be a good combo for sure. Anything ranged really since paladins don't have any.

Posted (edited)

I was about to write a list, however, while writing it I realized that you can basically go for anything. just keep in mind that you dont want to run after a mob all the time (if you play a mage and gain aggro your paladin will become insane running after mobs),whereas, lock and hunter have pets who keep aggro.

ofc the threat generation buff from paladin (cant remember the name) can be the solution but rebuffing and sometimes losing aggro can be a pain.

any meele class would be fine aswell ofc.

Edited by Budge

Warlock/Rogue/Warrior as they do not need to sit and regen anything if they are healed.

You might want to lvl a warrior since you got yourself a healer, that will ease the process greatly! However you'll be competing on gear...

A pal and a rogue in wpvp would be quite a team tbh although ofc the warlock has the range advantage but much less slippery so he'll spend a lot of mana healing you.

Hands down, Mage.

Ret has three major issues;

No ranged pull (unless fighting undead), massive mana usage unless just autoattacking, only one way to catch up or initiate against fleeing targets.

Frost Mage solves all three, and as a combo, you can do some really serious aoe grinding for gold etc. that is almost always safe as houses.

Mage or hunter would be the most efficient.

Paladin and Warrior are the ultimate combo tbh.

/world  LfF shaman or priest for leveling buddy (PvE Horde warrior)  :D

Ok if he goes tank while lvling a mage would be good for aoe farming. Consecration tanking so nice

I think a paladin is very versatile and can fit to any partner.

i wouldn't recommend another paladin or a priest as they don't bring so much dps.

I think best would be a warlock or rogue.

On 2017-05-09 at 11:27 PM, Thadius said:

Friend might be rolling a Retardin; wonder what people think might be a class that'll help us burn quickly through questing zones, and make us formidable in PvP situations. 

Leaning towards Warlock. High DPS, brings a tank, can fear spam.

What do you think?

I ran duo-pally on Nost. AOE grinding, just blasted through the levels and I tanked in dungeons while my mate healed or DPS.

In PvP you are a pain in the ass as well, while leveling or at max level. Depends on what you guys spec at max level though. But if you are just thinking about the leveling speed I suggest duo-pally since it's the fastest I ever leveled to max level as.