Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Elicas

Staff Roles and Responsibilities

You forgot to mention yourself, of all the listed people you are the most visible staff member from an average forum user perspective.

5 minutes ago, Murok said:

You forgot to mention yourself, of all the listed people you are the most visible staff member from an average forum user perspective.

I don't consider myself long term or full time staff. I'm essentially filling in for Outstanding IF/until he returns, and he was filling in for Inari while she is busy with real life stuff. Eventually, I'll transition back to being just another forum user and player, and Inari will be the full time 'face' of Crestfall.

33 minutes ago, Elicas said:

I don't consider myself long term or full time staff.

From your own words this is a living document. That means it is at every moment in time an image of the staff that is working for the project (in whatever capacity).

As soon as Outstanding returns you just edit the list. But for the moment newcomers who want to know who's who see an incorrect list.

14 hours ago, Murok said:

From your own words this is a living document. That means it is at every moment in time an image of the staff that is working for the project (in whatever capacity).

As soon as Outstanding returns you just edit the list. But for the moment newcomers who want to know who's who see an incorrect list.

True enough.

OP amended accordingly.

17 hours ago, Elicas said:

Core Developers

Rodeg

Rodeg is a core developer. He does miscellaneous core fixes and database work. He spends a lot of time replicating bugs found by beta testers, and picks up many of the bugs found that are not assigned to Asura/Darkrasp.

Shouldn't this be part of a beta tester role? A tester job is to find bugs and document them; if you cannot replicate It, If you cannot replicate It, It shouldn't be treated as a bug yet

38 minutes ago, HarTstaRx said:

Shouldn't this be part of a beta tester role? A tester job is to find bugs and document them; if you cannot replicate It, If you cannot replicate It, It shouldn't be treated as a bug yet

It covers both.

We test, find bugs, replicate and make reports. Rodeg then follows the report and attempts to replicate it on his own private build running dev stuff that I don't understand to find the underlaying causes, and report to Asura in more detail.

Now, that doesn't happen for every bug, since the vast majority (All NPC/Spell/Talent/Quest issues etc.) of issues are fixed via the database.

Rodeg replicates stuff that is core side and needs further investigation that beta testers can't do.

On 5/13/2017 at 6:00 PM, Elicas said:

I don't consider myself long term or full time staff. I'm essentially filling in for Outstanding IF/until he returns, and he was filling in for Inari while she is busy with real life stuff. Eventually, I'll transition back to being just another forum user and player, and Inari will be the full time 'face' of Crestfall.

Well I still have to agree with Murok. You're doing a tremendous job and are detrimental to keeping the forum as alive and "well" as it is now. Anyhow, great work!

I do have a question concerning the Beta Testers: Are you still looking to expand the number as time progresses? 

5 minutes ago, Hybris said:

Well I still have to agree with Murok. You're doing a tremendous job and are detrimental to keeping the forum as alive and "well" as it is now. Anyhow, great work!

I do have a question concerning the Beta Testers: Are you still looking to expand the number as time progresses? 

Detrimental means causing harm or damage :P

Yes, we are still looking at expanding beta numbers. People have been regularly filtering in over the last few months. Make an application and see if you get through!

I believe we're planning one more large wave in closed beta once we start PvP testing, and then open beta -> Release.

Ty for the quick answer. And you are absolutely right :P 
It seems I need to improve my English.^^