Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Gurgel

Why do you love your class?

The purpose of this thread is to let everyone share what class they love and why.

What class will you pick? Will you play it through the expansions? What is it about that class that is so appealing to you?

I myself am unsure of what I will play because I simply enjoy all classes! I don't want you guys to tell me what class to roll. I simply want your personal opinion and experience with your favorite class/classes.

Rogue, because I love recording the muffled cries for help my victims make as I tea-bag their open mouths without consent, then mixing them into my favorite Skrillex songs.

Priest. I've always identified with it. The classic healer that can cover all situations (single, group, HoT, absorb, buff, resurrect) Not a 'badass' or exciting class, Paladins taking most of the spotlight with all of 'The Light' lore etc, so Priest is a quiet support who is always there yet rarely appreciated until he's not.

As Shadow got some love I turned to it as a fun offspec. It ever so slowly got additional lore and I enjoyed the duality of the class even more along with the Psychic themes.

Healing with a Ranged offspec has always been my thing, so Priest, Druid and Shaman have always held my attention. I'll be branching out into Druid come CF, and I hope I enjoy it just as much.

Rogue, because I love stealthing around and choosing my engagements.  Being able to bypass annoying/non-quest mobs and get straight to my objective has a lot of appeal.  I also like that rogues have a good toolbox for approaching mobs with distract/sap/blind to separate out targets and stunlocking abilities + evasion to handle tough targets.  They also involve a lot mentally in raiding situations.  You aren't just spamming frostbolt/shadowbolt/etc.  You need to keep slice and dice up, while trying to maximize eviscerate combo points and timing your cooldowns appropriately to procs or raid buffs.  And it's great being able to sprint + vanish during a wipe to save on repairs and runbacks when guildies mess up.  The biggest downside is that there's too many other rogues, such that getting and staying in a good raiding guild is hard/time consuming.

My other favorite is the warlock because I've always had a thing for summoner classes.  Between demons, fear, and dots warlocks are probably the best combination of durability and damage in open world situations.  Other than perhaps kiting hunters or frost mages, there's probably no one who's as capable at soloing elites or other tough targets.  And with life tap + drain life + siphon life + wand, there's very little down time.  I haven't done much raiding as a warlock, but it seems the downside here is boring shadowbolt spam.  On the plus side, warlocks are usually short in supply so you can have real life commitments and not have to worry about 90% raid attendance instead of 100%.

Hunter. There are myriads of reasons why, some of them are purely aesthetic, but if I would have to choose the most important for me, it would be that furry ball of histamines by your side.

Because...as a warrior lvl 30, the RNGesus gave me a miracle and i owned a lvl 60 mage(i resisted everything and i did crits 80% of time, he died in 12 seconds or so)...on nostarlius (before closing), and thats why Warrios4life!

What class will I play? Probably Rogue.

What class is my favorite to play? Warrior. Warrior is the most fun class in the game. It's also the most frustrating.

It's easily the most involved class with a high skill ceiling. Macros, keybinds, plenty of theorycrafting, stance dancing, knowing how to take on classes that should always win against you. It's a class with multiple personality disorder. You have to be knowledgeable about other classes aswell as your own, remembering cast times, durations and cooldowns of slows, stuns, roots, etc. Carrying multiple weapons and trinkets around because you're always at a disadvantage without a pocket healer. You have to be calm and plan ahead, but you have to be quick to react or take initiative.

However! If you're not a raging buffoon growling at your monitor (which has the phrase "What is best in life? To kill your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women" printed out and taped onto it), yelling "KILLLL!!!!! MURDER THEM!" loud enough for the neighbors to ponder calling the police, and feeling the visceral satisfaction of hitting Charge or Mortal Strike and seeing a 3k crit on that Mage who thought he had you, then you're not doing it right.

Other classes might have some aspects of this. Rogues have strategy, Hunters have to be an encyclopaedia, and most other classes get high crits, but none of them carry the satisfaction and intensity that Warriors bring and have carried with them throughout most of the expansions.

Because Druid is love, Druid is life.

Also, cat Durid is for fite.

For me its more about a spec i loved very much and its Enhancement Shaman. I always loved the hybrid classes and i loved the tricks with totems and ofc windfury amagads. I loved the spec even more in TBC/wrath with the fast paced playstyle and dual-wield etc. I will probebly start an alt-Enhancement in TBC.

What i plan to play are hard to say because i am trying out alot on Elysium right now. But i think it be a druid with a paladin alt (plan being Alliance)

I like hunters because cats. Tons of them.

I like mages because arcane missiles is my favourite spell in game and teleporting everywhere is very convenient and time-saving.

But I still haven't found what I'm looking for... In the end I don't know what I'm going to play on CF. For example, I've never been a proper healer due to toxicity of rdf.

Posted (edited)

When I was starting those 8 years ago, I was choosing between rogue, hunter and warlock.

Rogue and hunter because I tend to go for these more or less vaguely ranged characters in games. Also I pictured them as either a lone marksman in the case of hunter, or an independent infiltrator in the case of rogue. As for the warlock, I was intrigued by the official description about them living on the outskirts of society, tolerated, but not accepted.

Of course, it turned out warlocks have that merely in the lore, and in game there is barely any distinction in the regard of outskirts. And hunters can barely do anything without the pet. I don't like pets. I can barely take care of myself, I don't need the baggage. Also over the years I found most of hunters are about as intelligent as the pets.

Anyway, I ended up picking the rogue back then, having created the name and looks even before I actually got to make the character. Turns out the independent infiltrator actually was something that is possible. Oh, the places I have explored just by myself, with mobs at levels that would kill a visible person (obviously this was far, far before I even hit 60, much less the TBC max level). Good times.

Edited by Xaverius

To Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.

Brutal violence, slaying Horde with a huge Two-Hander and being fairly tanky at the same time, having a healer behind me. 

Essentially being the boss in level 60 PvP.

I like running around as a qt wolf. Also dem windfury crits.

I think.... deep down my greatest fear is being alone, in this life and the next. Being a Hunter and always having a loyal companion at my side calms my dark places. :P

I have a few classes I really enjoy playing. Each for different reasons.

I can completely agree with the Warrior and the berserker mentality(fury spec). Not everyone in a group setting seems to appreciate that kind of dedication, and I am not quite sure why. (Evil grin)

I have also enjoyed the Druid (feral spec) As there is just something so instinctively primal about that class. What is not to be enjoyed about being the hunter in search of prey.

And this leads to my first and probably favorite class, that of course being the Warlock (affliction spec). I love how they are so very good at sowing the seeds of chaos. Or as I affectionately call it, spreading the love.  I love how they have the can't kill me mentality with all of their tricks and utility. Having all of those dots to manage, and just being a nightmare in general. With their drains of life/mana, curses, pets, and their just overall survivability in general. 

But I don't have my fav class : (

Mage. I have always gone the spellcaster type in MMO's and RPG's. Usually followed by a melee alt.

The importance positioning and strategy are what keeps a mage my main with every new private server.

Good and Evil / Benediction and Anathema / Holy and Shadow / Dwarf and Undead

Posted (edited)

I love all the hybrid classes , they just bring so much utility and support which I identify with since I like helping others , but out of them my favorite is the Shaman . Having the power of the elements in my opinion sounds better and more powerful then having the power of nature and the light . (I mean the elements are so badass in Warcraft lore , neither the Na'aru or Ysera can step on their little finger :D) But of course that's my opinion :) .

Edited by SweN

Warrior is for me the quintessential of WoW and any game really (I'm even a main Reinhardt in OW). I simply enjoy that it can excels in every role you aim for while being rewarding. Love to set my binds, macros and god damn spiky armors alongside a good trusty mace to hammer my foes with. Not to mention the joy that is being the tip of the spear in any PVE/PVP situation.