Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

LorewalkerCho

Crestfall ESO group? (For Morrowind) (EU)

30 posts in this topic

Would anyone be interested in doing some sort of tiny Crestfall guild in ESO for Morrowind? Doing the new area/s together and other content? This would be on the EU server (PC).

Also if anyone is new to ESO let me know if you got questions and I'll try and help ya out.

Man, I tried ESO when it first came out (PS4) cause of my love of Morrowind, and deep liking of Skyrim. But I couldn't get into it. Just felt to linear/streamlined for me  

Sounds like a great idea though. 

2 hours ago, Ugondiss said:

Man, I tried ESO when it first came out (PS4) cause of my love of Morrowind, and deep liking of Skyrim. But I couldn't get into it. Just felt to linear/streamlined for me  

Sounds like a great idea though. 

It is very different nowadays with the new major updates. The world is very open and you can go everywhere. 

But it's obviously not for everyone, mostly wanted to see if there was any interest.

Do you still have to pay for it? Because it wasn't really a MMO and it wasn't really TES either.

Played in beta, got disgusted when they moved starting zone into the city as opposed to the... well, *starting zone*. Which was a fucking shame because Daggerfall's starting zones had a really good story. And elf club's starting zone was pretty ... pretty too.

Though the interface was kinda meh, I must say it was vastly superior to the other expected MMO at the time , Wildstar. The only thing about Wildstar that was really good was the exploration aspect and the combat. The interface was horrendous, for example. The clunkiest most cluttered interface since MS Office 2010 onwards.

As for TESO, good setting, trying to search for runes and those silly glowing shards was fun too. Combat gud, Gohk can slash with click mouse. Seriously, when I see that a MMOs basic way of attacking is autoattack , I tend to lose interest. Some people solve it by not having basica attack at all, some people solve it by ... well, doing what every action game with combat has been doing from the dawn of time. Press A to smash face.

Where was I? Oh yes, money. Don't really feel like paying money to get my HDD cluttered with another 30 GB or so... I got Star Citizen for that :D.

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Xaverius said:
3 hours ago, Xaverius said:

Do you still have to pay for it? Because it wasn't really a MMO and it wasn't really TES either.

Played in beta, got disgusted when they moved starting zone into the city as opposed to the... well, *starting zone*. Which was a fucking shame because Daggerfall's starting zones had a really good story. And elf club's starting zone was pretty ... pretty too.

Though the interface was kinda meh, I must say it was vastly superior to the other expected MMO at the time , Wildstar. The only thing about Wildstar that was really good was the exploration aspect and the combat. The interface was horrendous, for example. The clunkiest most cluttered interface since MS Office 2010 onwards.

As for TESO, good setting, trying to search for runes and those silly glowing shards was fun too. Combat gud, Gohk can slash with click mouse. Seriously, when I see that a MMOs basic way of attacking is autoattack , I tend to lose interest. Some people solve it by not having basica attack at all, some people solve it by ... well, doing what every action game with combat has been doing from the dawn of time. Press A to smash face.

Where was I? Oh yes, money. Don't really feel like paying money to get my HDD cluttered with another 30 GB or so... I got Star Citizen for that :D.

Well as I said, it is very different. Almost no point in comparing it to beta/launch since they've made such major changes. Would be like comparing vanilla WoW to retail I suppose.

I'd go as far as to say it got the best leveling experince, but that's just my personal opinion (if I exclude 1-60 in vanilla). 

Yes you still have to pay, but no subscription just like 25 euro for the game which I'd say is fair and pretty  cheap for a MMORPG. There is a optional sub and it unlocks all the DLC stories (Dark brotherhood, Thieves guild and Orsinium and you don't need those only thing you might "need" is the Orsinium DLC if you want some incredibly rare weapons that will be useless next patch) but you can also just buy those in a DLC pack or separately. The sub also gives you 10% more xp and unlocks the crafting bag. Pretty optional.

I think it costs a little more on Steam though and if you play on console it comes with that usual sexy premium price like all the other console games.

Edited by LorewalkerCho

it's 25 euro for the expansion? I believe i have the original game bought, would that be enough to get the xpac? I only played the game a couple of hours when it was released, could be intresting to try it again to see if it has turned out for the better.

1 minute ago, Chizzum said:

it's 25 euro for the expansion? I believe i have the original game bought, would that be enough to get the xpac? I only played the game a couple of hours when it was released, could be intresting to try it again to see if it has turned out for the better.

It's 25 for the base game, the expansion price varies from where you buy it, I think the lowest I saw was from a store here in Sweden which was 35 (I think).

I realized I have ESO (the base game no DLC) from the time I was testing every mmorpg in existence (that wasn't WoW :P )

3 hours ago, Roadblock said:

I realized I have ESO (the base game no DLC) from the time I was testing every mmorpg in existence (that wasn't WoW :P )

Hehe we've all been there, only MMORPGs I havn't tried are those that are P2W.

Cool!

I played it for a while, and even subbed so I could dye the store costumes (cosmetics are the bane of my salary), but I didn't feel any of the vanilla classes were for me. I'm hyped for the Warden, but I'm not a fan of volcanic Dunmer lands, so I'm not quite sure if I'll buy Morrowind and come back to ESO.

Time will tell. I'll keep your project in mind though, as I'm too PC EU.

4 hours ago, ilovecats said:

Cool!

I played it for a while, and even subbed so I could dye the store costumes (cosmetics are the bane of my salary), but I didn't feel any of the vanilla classes were for me. I'm hyped for the Warden, but I'm not a fan of volcanic Dunmer lands, so I'm not quite sure if I'll buy Morrowind and come back to ESO.

Time will tell. I'll keep your project in mind though, as I'm too PC EU.

Yeah took a while for me to find the class I liked, and I'm not playing the most optimal build but I like it so yay ^^.

Cool ty!

Posted (edited)

On 18. 5. 2017 at 4:44 PM, LorewalkerCho said:

Those are the only ones I tried... mostly because you don't have to actually buy them.

Wildstar and TESO I played solely because of open beta.

Oh and I actually did throw some money at Star Citizen, but not even god, only Chris Roberts knows when that's gonna be more than a few instances.

On 19. 5. 2017 at 9:09 AM, ilovecats said:

but I didn't feel any of the vanilla classes were for me

I had a trully exemplary nightblade, who wielded a greatsword and was based around stealing people's blood. That was fun.
Then I tried another one whose main skill was teleporting daggers into people's backs. Can't complain.

Edited by Xaverius

I've started a DK this weekend, sitting on lvl 11 atm! I'm on ps4, though!

ign; bootsybb psn;nomoneygang0223

hit me up! :)

4 hours ago, Xaverius said:

Those are the only ones I tried... mostly because you don't have to actually buy them.

Wildstar and TESO I played solely because of open beta.

Oh and I actually did throw some money at Star Citizen, but not even god, only Chris Roberts knows when that's gonna be more than a few instances.

I had a trully exemplary nightblade, who wielded a greatsword and was based around stealing people's blood. That was fun.
Then I tried another one whose main skill was teleporting daggers into people's backs. Can't complain.

That's the thing I love about ESO, the classes. You can do them however you want, there's nightblade dps, tank and healers. And same goes for most classes. I remember reading about one guy who used to only play unarmed just pushing people haha.

3 hours ago, Marbo said:

I've started a DK this weekend, sitting on lvl 11 atm! I'm on ps4, though!

ign; bootsybb psn;nomoneygang0223

hit me up! :)

I'm PC atm, although I'm considering going PS4 for Morrowind, not sure though since losing all my progress would suck. But playing with a controller feels so much better for me.

2 hours ago, LorewalkerCho said:

I'm PC atm, although I'm considering going PS4 for Morrowind, not sure though since losing all my progress would suck. But playing with a controller feels so much better for me.

Yeah, I got the same problem. Initially just bought it for bloodborne but i'm really enjoying skyrim & ESO on console.

if you do happen to buy one send me a friend invite! :)

Edited by Marbo

On 2017-05-18 at 4:44 PM, LorewalkerCho said:

Yea been testing all of them aswell. 

Off topic, my biggest disapointments whas Conan and WAR. I really love the lore in both and read Conan etc and i really like the almost 100% pvp focus. WAR because i loved DaoC and hoped for the new DaoC 2.0. But the games dident hold up. Still sad they fucked up so good of a potential.

2 hours ago, Sherekhan said:

WAR

What's that? Google only brought me Crowfall, which is in early access. Doesn'T look bad, but it has guinea pigs as a playable race. Better than gnomes, I guess, but I detest MMOs that include "cute" midget race just to fill some quota for people wouldn't play the game otherwise. This is perhaps why I like TESO. The smallest thing there is a bosmer and they're mostly cannibals and assholes.

War = Warhammer Online.

So much potential, so much disappointment.

5 hours ago, Sherekhan said:

Yea been testing all of them aswell. 

Off topic, my biggest disapointments whas Conan and WAR. I really love the lore in both and read Conan etc and i really like the almost 100% pvp focus. WAR because i loved DaoC and hoped for the new DaoC 2.0. But the games dident hold up. Still sad they fucked up so good of a potential.

Never got to try Conan during it's peak, I remember my friend really liked it but I never played it because I thought it would die out quickly. Looking back I do regret that, would have been nice to experience it.

1 hour ago, LorewalkerCho said:

Never got to try Conan during it's peak, I remember my friend really liked it but I never played it because I thought it would die out quickly. Looking back I do regret that, would have been nice to experience it.

It whas fun but broken at start and class balance etc. Free farm end content because broken etc. But i realy liked the classes (Bearshaman). But intresting skillmechanics.

1 hour ago, Elicas said:

War = Warhammer Online.

So much potential, so much disappointment.

Yea. A pure pvp mmorpg must have 3 fractions for balance like DaoC and the content broken. Sad it went the way it went. 

If its disappointing MMORPGs we're talking about, SWTOR takes the cake. Leveling was a lot of fun (And Huttball!) but the endgame was otherwise incredibly lame and afaik they never got around to continuing the individual class stories that were the best part of the game. They should have just made kotor 3. :/

Edited by Lilaina

Oh don't even get me started on SWTOR>:(. Just gief me kotor3

Edited by Nocturn