Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

LorewalkerCho

Crestfall ESO group? (For Morrowind) (EU)

30 posts in this topic
23 hours ago, Elicas said:

War = Warhammer Online.

So much potential, so much disappointment.

Ah ok, someone could at least mention the word "Reckoning" and I'd know.

Funny story, I once wanted to try it. Then I found out it's been gone for two years. Apparently there's a freeserver or something though.

15 hours ago, Lilaina said:

They should have just made kotor 3. :/

*maniacal, bordeline hysterical laughter*

Good luck with that. SWTOR is to Kotor what WoW is to Wacraft.
It is canonical Kotor III, essentially, but *for the cool kids with internet connection*. Aka MMO. Shitty MMO. Because that's what MMOs based on any good singleplayer game are.

Bioware is one of the companies where you live long enough to see yourself become a villain (like our at-some-point-favourite, Blizzard). Can't hold the rushed ending of Kotor II against them, with publishers pushing for the Christmas release and whatnot (once more, Dan Vávra's words ring true and make it clear publishers are actually the evil obstruction games have to deal with).
It's the recent shit. SWTOR as a supposed full sequel to kotor but insanely crammed with paygates, at least at release, which managed to quickly break its neck - a lesson shared with TESO, though again, publishers have their fair share in both cases. And yes, that's the monetary side of thing, but the idea of MMOized sequels is terrible in itself.
What next, the ME3's ending is a chapter unto itself. Then we have basically stealing community mods and introducing them as "enhanced edition" of Baldur's Gate I & II, tampering with existing characters from BG1 in Siege of Dragonspear and rewriting their personalities, less than subtle political inserts in some of the games (Dragonspear again, also remember that 10 or so times one of the Bioware's major designer/developers tweeted white men should kill themselves? :P). Also I can't even buy the non-enhanced BGs anymore, which is really great, because what if I don't want to support a bunch of mod thieves?

Also there's the entirety of Mass Effect 4, but that was, once again, due to executive meddling.
First, EA decided to fuck with a series that had a set ending, however crappy it might've been. Because dem $$$. So they essentially made a spinoff with 4 to pretend it has something to do with the story. Here's the thing:

ME4 is a crappy sequel trying to make money on the favourite series. Nothing new under the sun, these things always come and add no substance ot the original, only borrowing the setting and the general look. But where the original has strengths, be it intricate story with various levels of morality (and I don't mean the red/blue dialogue choices by themselves, I mean the shit you can actually do to others) or at least a unique, interesting setting, a money-sequel does not improve. Money sequel merely copies what the people in charge think was good the last time, and put it into stasis, not changing anything lest it veers into the territory of uncertainty. Uncertainty does not generate cash. And that's what ME4 really is, rehash, with much less interesting villain or story to begin with.
Basically like any Assassin's Creed after Ezio, with the exception of Black Flag - which actually dared to add something new.

And EA being EA, they got the cheapest people for the job, that being gaming design graduates with no job experience, whose cred for working on Andromeda was that they are fans of the series.

And as a bonus, SWTOR is using something really similar to Wildstar engine, because those are both games that refuse to accept the existence of analog signal (or nvidia drivers) and stretch like retarded on my VGA. Ironically, only on the GTX 750Ti, the integrated Intel piece0-shit runs it at correct resolution. But also at 6 FPS (Wildstar). TESO ran at about 26, can't explain that.

EDIT: Oh and I forgot to talk about AoC. The first time I played it was some years after the release. I remember the reviews at the time boasting about the awesome beautiful nextgen graphics and what not.

Well, I played it eventually, and No idea what exactly they were seeing, but people in that game are made of plastic. Tortage is a nice city, I admit. I also didn't get past it, because the whole thing was just so boring.

The MMO I played the longest was probably Allods, which is literally a Russian WoW. It even serves as a sequel to a RTS series from the 90s (Rage of Mages). Except unlike wow, this thing has medieval fantasy folk versus communist-like dictature. Also literal spaceships. The latter faction makes them out of metal, so they look more like space submarines. Never got high enough level to obtain one, however.

Edited by Xaverius

2 hours ago, Xaverius said:

Bioware is one of the companies where you live long enough to see yourself become a villain (like our at-some-point-favourite, Blizzard). Can't hold the rushed ending of Kotor II against them, with publishers pushing for the Christmas release and whatnot

Kotor 2 was developed by Obsidian, not Bioware.

2 hours ago, Xaverius said:

Then we have basically stealing community mods and introducing them as "enhanced edition" of Baldur's Gate I & II, tampering with existing characters from BG1 in Siege of Dragonspear and rewriting their personalities, less than subtle political inserts in some of the games (Dragonspear again, also remember that 10 or so times one of the Bioware's major designer/developers tweeted white men should kill themselves? :P). Also I can't even buy the non-enhanced BGs anymore, which is really great, because what if I don't want to support a bunch of mod thieves?

BG:EE:s were developed by Beamdog. Also, they run better and feel smoother and have better UI:s than anything you could do with mods for the originals. idc about the ethics controversy; the original games also have lots of out of place references/easter eggs/commentary.

I do agree that modern Bioware games are lame. SWTOR was actually the first Bioware game that I played. Then I played ME1-2, BG:s, Kotor 1-2, and DA 1-2, and realized that SWTOR wasn't anywhere near as good in comparison. :P I only had the 10 hour trial of ME: Andromeda and didn't finish even that.

2 hours ago, Lilaina said:

Kotor 2 was developed by Obsidian, not Bioware.

My bad. Obviously it's their fault, for making a game good enough to fit in with the first one 284777351081099264.png.

Beamdog is basically bioware. It was founded by one of BW founders and their lead programmer.

Then I played ME1-2

Where's the 3?!!
Oh right, it's Origin-only. Ew.

I only had the 10 hour trial of ME: Andromeda and didn't finish even that.

You're alright, kiddo.

6 hours ago, Lilaina said:

BG:EE:s were developed by Beamdog. Also, they run better and feel smoother

Acutally NOT.
Bgee up to version 2.1 was super buggy about FPS - le famous minimap/back to game fps drop is a good example (you had to load quicksave to get back your fps). This used to kill radeon cards.
Also in BGee you can't turn on 60 fps mode (you play with 30), so your game runs slower than original versions of BG.

Edited by duzyizly

1 hour ago, duzyizly said:

Acutally NOT.
Bgee up to version 2.1 was super buggy about FPS - le famous minimap/back to game fps drop is a good example (you had to load quicksave to get back your fps). This used to kill radeon cards.

Yeah, patching the game took Beamdog way too long. The current version is the best there is however imo.

1 hour ago, duzyizly said:

Also in BGee you can't turn on 60 fps mode (you play with 30), so your game runs slower than original versions of BG.

BG has always been 30fps. The fps is tied to the actual speed of the game so at 60 fps everyone would be effectively hasted all the time with shorter cast times, faster movement speed, and shorter rounds and turns. You can turn on 60 fps by tweaking some text file I think but you really shouldn't unless you want to cheat.

Edited by Lilaina