Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Elicas

Q&A 2

64 posts in this topic

It's not the tea and biscuits you should be worried about, it's the ''hugs''

3 hours ago, Tamaskan said:

@Elicas If my druid is a horned cow will I also have tea and biscuits?

I don't get the reference.

Have you considered making any changes to the way neutral city guards behave? places like Winterspring, Booty Bay, Tanaris and a few others tend to be crowded with players who have figured out ways to either bug, kite or glitch these guards and this is giving them the option to kill players in these sort of zones without any threat being posed to them due to the guards being stuck in place or w/e it could be.

Thought about prolonging the hostile timer on these type of guards or anything of that kind?

Best regards and good luck with the project :-)

Uth

Will it be possible to create characters both on Alliance and Horde side?

4 hours ago, WaMpa said:

Will it be possible to create characters both on Alliance and Horde side?

Only on the PvE server.

WoW! choosing which faction i want to play is a major game changing decision.

12 minutes ago, WaMpa said:

WoW! choosing which faction i want to play is a major game changing decision.

Or you can just create another account for the different faction? I don't think that's prohibited yet.

9 hours ago, Clavus said:

Or you can just create another account for the different faction? I don't think that's prohibited yet.

Nope. There might possibly limitations about how many accounts you're allowed to run at the same time, though. But you can create as many as you like.

On 5/24/2017 at 8:49 AM, Elicas said:

I don't get the reference.

"Come cuddle me in Moonglade, we'll have tea and biscuits." 

7 minutes ago, Svensson said:

"Come cuddle me in Moonglade, we'll have tea and biscuits." 

Derp.

Completely went over my head.

So focussed on being "staff" and "On message" nowadays. Pored over the Q&A to try and see what he was on about. :D

I'm going to guess the answer is 'Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaah', but if there was sufficient interest from the player base... would you consider implementing custom 'just for fun' events like the Micro-Holidays in retail? The design ethic being 'here's something fun that doesn't affect game balance / loot / etc in any way'.

Q.  What's your position on multiboxing?

A.   Due to it's detrimental effect on the game economy and player experience, multiboxing is disallowed.  It would be simple to only allow one connection per IP, but that would keep roommates, families, or friends in the same home from being able to play together.  It is likely that we will rely on a combination of capping the number of connections per IP at a reasonable number, reports from players in-game, and punitive measures for offenders

Will we still be able to enchant our alts, checking AH prices with Bank alt with 2nd Client running? Without any 3rd Program?
+Will it be possible to set low level alt on follow and run a low level dungeon?
Just to be sure, what is marked as "multiboxing" and what is not.

A.  There is a recurrent problem when playing with different client. Example : -I play with a French Client, but i can't see peoples chat on /1, /2 because they use English Client, so /world become the only solution to communicate. Do Crestfall have a solution for this kind of problems ? 

B. Any news about website ? 

On 22/05/2017 at 0:40 AM, Elicas said:
  • Will we be able to use tunneling services to connect to Crestfall?

Unlikely.  We are blacklisting VPN services.  It's possible that if you're on a small one you will sneak through, but our VPN protections are pretty solid and will be continually worked on and improved post-launch.

Again I find myself disappointed with this. I've been a long time follower of Crestfall but have moved to China for work so I'm assuming I'll be unable to play on the server. Are there no chances of allowing certain accounts to access the server via a certain VPN? I'd be quite sad if I cant make the switch to Crestfall

1 hour ago, Busho said:

Again I find myself disappointed with this. I've been a long time follower of Crestfall but have moved to China for work so I'm assuming I'll be unable to play on the server. Are there no chances of allowing certain accounts to access the server via a certain VPN? I'd be quite sad if I cant make the switch to Crestfall

Can't find the direct quote, but it's been talked about that they might implement a whitelist for VPNs, I don't think it was decided on yet officially and personally I wouldn't expect them to start it if it does happen until a month or so after launch.

During the beta, how will bug reporting be handled? and what will the procedure be? ie. only opened internally etc. or opened to the public for view and comments so we can help research and discuss. Will CFG host its own bug tracking site or use something like github?

On 5/23/2017 at 11:29 AM, Xaverius said:

Then they go and sit and complain that there's nothing to do. Well no wonder ye pitiful amoebas, if you consume the content in seconds like a swarm of locust, of course there's nothing left.

This made my day :D and I fully agree (+1).

Posted (edited)

Deleted. Typed before seeing @Elicas message

Edited by Sherekhan

Posted (edited)

Q&A Submission:
What is Crestfall's official stance on deleting abandoned accounts?

Reasoning:
- To ensure that popular or generic names are not taken or reserved and then permanently associated with an inactive account.
- To return names to the community which allows new players more freedom when naming their character.

Feedback received from General:
- [mrmr] Only delete inactive accounts - NOT inactive characters. To allow active players to reserve names for future alts.
- [Malediction] Allow people to petition GMs to free up a character name.
- [ilovecats] Send automated (?) e-mails after 3 months of account inactivity.
- [Retrac47] Only delete accounts with characters at or below level 18 (to protect Twink accounts).
- [HearTstaRx] Shadow deleting characters. Retaining the data, but requiring them to re-name their character if they return from 6+ mo inactivity.
- [Hops] Delete any account after 1 year of inactivity.

Edited by Hops

Posted (edited)

Question: When the server moves over to future expansions, will content from previous expansions be nerfed into the ground like Blizzard did back in the day, or will you just keep it as is?

For clarity, I'm referring to stuff like this: http://wow.allakhazam.com/forum.html?forum=21&mid=1222877258125217136 I'd assume they nerfed Vanilla content when moving to TBC aswell, but I don't know about that.

Edited by Pvt_8Ball

2 hours ago, Pvt_8Ball said:

Question: When the server moves over to future expansions, will content from previous expansions be nerfed into the ground like Blizzard did back in the day, or will you just keep it as is?

For clarity, I'm referring to stuff like this: http://wow.allakhazam.com/forum.html?forum=21&mid=1222877258125217136 I'd assume they nerfed Vanilla content when moving to TBC aswell, but I don't know about that.

i think this is case "Blizzlike+" where you dont nerf the raids. Not in the previous expansion (vanilla raids in vanilla), not in the next exapnsion (vanilla raids in TBC).

There might be even a lvl 60 twink guild in TBC or in WOTLK.

If lvl 70s or 80 farm Vanilla raids, that shouldnt be a problem for them...

nerfing vanilla raids in vanilla when TBC is out, takes away the challenge for other players, why should the challenge last only temporarly.

3 hours ago, Pvt_8Ball said:

1 hour ago, Brikot said:

i think this is case "Blizzlike+" where you dont nerf the raids. Not in the previous expansion (vanilla raids in vanilla), not in the next exapnsion (vanilla raids in TBC).

There might be even a lvl 60 twink guild in TBC or in WOTLK.

If lvl 70s or 80 farm Vanilla raids, that shouldnt be a problem for them...

nerfing vanilla raids in vanilla when TBC is out, takes away the challenge for other players, why should the challenge last only temporarly.

Wasn't it so, that the raids actually release in a buffed form, and once it's been cleared the buff starts to reduce.

And when it comes to progressing to the next expansion, let's say from Vanilla to TBC, the Vanilla realm stays as it is, and people wanting to progress move to a new server, but with sort of the same gang (minus those wanting some more Vanilla). More like the characters progressing to next expansion than the server itself progressing. And then again TBC stuff (raids) will be boosted until cleared and so on. But since we play with the original client, I assume (not certain by any means) that the TBC nerfs to the Vanilla content will come to effect on the TBC realm, and it's somewhat part and parcel of being in TBC.

On 29/05/2017 at 0:19 PM, Busho said:

On 29/05/2017 at 1:33 PM, Deyedron said:

Can't find the direct quote, but it's been talked about that they might implement a whitelist for VPNs, I don't think it was decided on yet officially and personally I wouldn't expect them to start it if it does happen until a month or so after launch.

This. Down here in Australia land tunneling services are going to reduce our ping and stabilize our connection. Really hope we can get a white list for tunneling.