Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Elicas

Q&A 2

64 posts in this topic

Will you allow exp locking to make twinking easier pre-"Added in patch 3.2.0.10192"?

3 hours ago, ilovecats said:

Will you allow exp locking to make twinking easier pre-"Added in patch 3.2.0.10192"?

Not sure if what you're asking is in reference to the very distant future when they added BG xp, but BGs didn't give xp in vanilla. 

6 minutes ago, Bluemoon said:

Not sure if what you're asking is in reference to the very distant future when they added BG xp, but BGs didn't give xp in vanilla. 

What if someone accidentally kills something?

9 minutes ago, ilovecats said:

then you have to say: byebye twinking

Just now, Brikot said:

then you have to say: byebye twinking

Not very good :c

17 hours ago, ilovecats said:

That's a punishment for trying to be a twink :P.

P.S.:
cg
sdasa.jpg

Edited by Xaverius

9 hours ago, Xaverius said:

That's a punishment for trying to be a twink :P.

P.S.:
cg
sdasa.jpg

I want to be twink in a no-heirloom era, because I consider wearing them cheating. Getting the best gear is half of the fun of twinking.

I'll stop posting on 666.

Hi! Some questions could be answered somewhere on forum, sorry for repeat. Right now i'm playing on wotlk-patch wow-circle[ru] - and it's not an advertising, this server is very-very bad working, just trust me. Help all of us, hope on you guys! Also bad english :) Someday we'll see WotLK-progress again...

Q1: Which database in Internet you will use as "true"?
Q2: How do you want to handle with new bugs in the release and after? Will it be some kind of "bug-tracker" on this forum or in-game tickets or something else?
Q3: How often you want to load fixes on live servers? I mean, will it be fixed de-facto in same day or complex of different fixes once in some days/weeks?
Q4: Are you planning to do some testing server to check all changes before loading on live? If yes, will it have team like today is beta-testers or will be open to anyone?
Q5: What if sever does not pay for itself? Will you open your code to anyone or something else?

Hi guys, just a question about the planned future of Crestfall. Now before I ask my question, I've got no idea how credible/accurate this source (especially considering it was from last year) is and I'm not sure if I'm misinterpreting or not but here goes.

Referring to: https://youtu.be/sNF5JHww_SQ?t=5m42s

Is this person saying that the PvE server will upgraded to TBC as soon as the server is ready whilst the PvP server will be upgraded sometime after? If that's what they're saying, is it accurate?

Thanks!

Edited by Alumian
Typo

@Alumian That is old, though most of the information I would say is still good. I don't think it was ever the case that PvE would progress before PvP. It is expected that the PvE server will have a lower population, so there are some special considerations being tossed around regarding its long-term plan (mostly about being forced to roll the population into the PvP server if the population becomes so low as to be unplayable), but afaik it won't be progressing any earlier. The process for flagging your character to move on the next expansion when it is prepared to launch can be found below, and this may be what was referenced.

On 25-5-2017 at 11:01 PM, Clavus said:

Or you can just create another account for the different faction? I don't think that's prohibited yet.

Perks of f2p :wub:

6 hours ago, Retrac47 said:

@Alumian That is old, though most of the information I would say is still good. I don't think it was ever the case that PvE would progress before PvP. It is expected that the PvE server will have a lower population, so there are some special considerations being tossed around regarding its long-term plan (mostly about being forced to roll the population into the PvP server if the population becomes so low as to be unplayable), but afaik it won't be progressing any earlier. The process for flagging your character to move on the next expansion when it is prepared to launch can be found below, and this may be what was referenced.

Okay cool thanks Retrac! 

Hey Elicas,

You guys touched on herbalism a bit in the last Q&A.  Professions in general are important to the game and I love that y'all even put so much time into fishing and that is exciting to see.

My question is about mining. Similar to herbalism, it is based on node spawns.  I know some other servers that shall not be named havent really gotten the spawn locations, drops from nodes, and respawning down so well.  Is this something that has already been looked at and your team feels comfortable with where you are at?  Mining was my bread and butter source of funding back in the day and I hope that it has gotten some attention. It seems you are all pretty dedicated to getting professions right so I'm sure it will be great. Thanks!

Hey guys.

Questions for the next Q&A are now closed.

I anticipate having the next Q&A live on Sunday as per the usual arrangement, but there is a possibility that it may slip as Asura doesn't get back from his business trip until the weekend. If it does slip, rest assured it wont be by much.

Thanks for your interest in CF, and see you soon for Q&A 3!